Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just went and fitted clippy* in pedals to the bike. :eek:

Got one of the neighbours to set me up, but was a bit scary heading out onto the road after leaning against the garage wall pedalling backwards for a while practising unplugging myself. Will take it out for a proper ride at the weekend and hope to not fall off and break anything.

* Why are the pedals that you clip yourself into with the shoes called clipless? Daft pedalists.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

robinph wrote: »

* Why are the pedals that you clip yourself into with the shoes called clipless? Daft pedalists.

Because they don't require top-clips. They are clipless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I used to think that v-twins made the coolest noise till I got an IL4 :)

Keep it shiny side up!

I used to have a classic Merc with an IL6, sounded lovely until the exhaust fell off...
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I see you took the pink training wheels off :p

Damn, I thought I'd hidden them for the photo :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Group C
    Germany, Sweden, Ireland, Austra, Faroe Is, Kaz.....stan.
    Not too bad.:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Scotland and Wales didn't do too well out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

I'm off to the GAA forum (for a short spell) to read up on how all the Cork fans are getting on after today's defeat. :D:D:D:D

C'mon Mayo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

geld wrote: »
    I'm off to the GAA forum (for a short spell) to read up on how all the Cork fans are getting on after today's defeat. :D:D:D:D

C'mon Mayo!!

But don't get carried away. There's a semi waiting for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

geld wrote: »

C'mon Mayo!!

Beaten by a sauce :( C'mon Kerry *gritted teeth*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

gerard65 wrote: »
    Group C
    Germany, Sweden, Ireland, Austra, Faroe Is, Kaz.....stan.
    Not too bad.:cool:

Not too good either. Us v Sweden for the runner up spot .... and Sweden are working though their Euro 2012 group with their usual efficiency. We could have used weaker pool1 and 2 seeds. Plus The Faroes with Kerr worries me ... he knows a bit too much about the team ....

pgmcpq wrote: »
    Not too good either. Us v Sweden for the runner up spot .... and Sweden are working though their Euro 2012 group with their usual efficiency. We could have used weaker pool1 and 2 seeds. Plus The Faroes with Kerr worries me ... he knows a bit too much about the team ....

Why is everyone in this country discounting Austria? Ireland's record in competitive games against them is lost 5, drawn 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Why is everyone in this country discounting Austria? Ireland's record in competitive games against them is lost 5, drawn 1!

Two matches in the 90s, two in the 70s and two in the 60s. Hardly relevant to our present crop of players or coaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

i could have sworn i heard joe brolly talking about the upcoming kerry-cork semi . before the mayo match last sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

When were those games played. Austria's record in recent years is not great afaik. Not that they won't be a challenge but if we cannot deal with Austria we are unlikely to be able to handle Sweden. On the face of it Austria don't seen strong enough to do us any favors and take points off Sweden.

*PANIC* couldn't log on to boards for a while:eek: Who broke to interweb:confused:

I think that the stupid hot weather over the last while is responsible for sending me hypo during a run earlier today. Think it's made me need less insulin/ more sensitive, so all my previous guestimates go out the window for what I need the numbers to be to make it round my training. :mad:

Come back rain and colder temperatures.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A craft beer festival and the Rathfarnham 5k are on the same weekend.

Decisions, decisions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Both beer festivals are just before my two goal races for the year. :mad:
    Lots of craft beer in Chicago though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

find a way to do both - the only way :cool:

Looks like its going to be a damp evening in Croke Park for the Dubs v 'the british team'. Are you reading this meno?:D

Reference to slagging during the run in the park this morning;)

• Advertisement

Meno's sick now, but he hasn't just run a race:D:D
    This morning he was telling us how easy it'd be for Tyrone. LOL.

The only thing better than a Dubs win is a win where we beat Tyrone :D

The only thing better than a Dubs win is a win where we beat Tyrone :D
    You should have heard him this morning, I'm luvin this after having to listen to him gloating even before a ball was kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Do you think that Meno is drowning his sorrows yet?

chinguetti wrote: »
    He's trying to get into the Tyrone dressing room to tell them where they went wrong:D

chinguetti wrote: »

He was "drowning his sorrows" before the match even started :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

He was "drowning his sorrows" before the match even started :pac:

Well he was drinking but telling everyone what we were listening to this morning i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

gerard65 wrote: »
    Meno's sick now, but he hasn't just run a race:D:D
    This morning he was telling us how easy it'd be for Tyrone. LOL.

I never said that :rolleyes:

Anyways, well done the dubs today, much better team and no excuses from our side. We are just not good enough at the moment, and certainly not today.

I actually genuinely hope you go on to win the whole thing now, It would definitely be good for the game.

BTW I saw most of the Dublin players out after the match tonight, they are not as big as they look on the pitch, but christ they can certain;y drink :eek:

menoscemo wrote: »
    I actually genuinely hope you go on to win the whole thing now, It would definitely be good for the game.

Dublin winning an All-Ireland. :D:D:D:):):):rolleyes:
    You're one funny dude.

• Advertisement

Dublin winning an All-Ireland. :D:D:D:):):):rolleyes:
    You're one funny dude.
    Just wanted to keep that quote. Maybe use it for future reference;)

Advertisement