Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

There will be Jurassic Park IV!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Not too sure, I didn't like the third one.

But bloody hell, 20 years ago ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

As long as they rectify the Spinosaur, downsize the raptors, throw in an Allosaurus (yep actual Jurassic fauna) oh, and maybe have a certain paleontologist eaten by a T. Rex.........

I'd be right behind it. :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

As long as they rectify the Spinosaur, downsize the raptors, throw in an Allosaurus (yep actual Jurassic fauna) oh, and maybe have a certain paleontologist eaten by a T. Rex.........

I'd be right behind it. :P

Agree about that certain paleontologist, but c´mon man, its Jurassic Park, it doesn´t have to be a documentary. I say, leave the Spino and the raptors as they are- we don´t need to break continuity again.

Allosaurus would be cool but, maybe it would be one giant predator too many... the movie would need to have Allosaurus as the main predator this time, replacing T-Rex and Spinosaurus, but that would mean giving Allosaurus a trait that makes it as dangerous or more than T-Rex and Spino. Maybe hunting in packs, or leaping or something?

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Agree about that certain paleontologist, but c´mon man, its Jurassic Park, it doesn´t have to be a documentary. I say, leave the Spino and the raptors as they are- we don´t need to break continuity again.

Allosaurus would be cool but, maybe it would be one giant predator too many... the movie would need to have Allosaurus as the main predator this time, replacing T-Rex and Spinosaurus, but that would mean giving Allosaurus a trait that makes it as dangerous or more than T-Rex and Spino. Maybe hunting in packs, or leaping or something?

Or, commanding an army of dromaeosaurs (The winged monkeys of the crecatatious!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Dinosaurs in 3D? It doesn't get any better than that. I can't wait. I loved all the Jurassic Parks, even III (with all it's flaws).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Was it JP 2 or JP 3 that had the raptors communicating?

Could this time they went in and were forced into studying at Raptor school? Getting a language degree in chirruping and clicking?:D

Lets see how it turns out, but I am not overly expectant for a classic this time.

Rubecula wrote: »
    Was it JP 2 or JP 3 that had the raptors communicating?

Could this time they went in and were forced into studying at Raptor school? Getting a language degree in chirruping and clicking?:D

Lets see how it turns out, but I am not overly expectant for a classic this time.

JP 3.

Personally, I think they should go for a whole new cast and a fresh story. Otherwise it will just come across as aged.

It's about Dinosaurs.....and you are worried about 'Aged'? :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

dlofnep wrote: »
    JP 3.

Personally, I think they should go for a whole new cast and a fresh story. Otherwise it will just come across as aged.

According to Johnston they do want to go for a new story- the beginning of a new trilogy he says. Maybe with more continuity than the original ones.

Personally I'm excited. I too liked all the Jurassic Parks. Problem is a lot of people are seemingly incapable of suspending disbelief and just sit back and enjoy a movie.

Liopleurodon and Kronosaurus have to be in it this time though.

"Just when Jaws thought it safe to peep out from behind a rock"

I would seriously like to see a sea based JP.

I wonder who would win between those two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rubecula wrote: »
    Liopleurodon and Kronosaurus

I wonder who would win between those two?

Uh oh....

Galvasean wrote: »
    Uh oh....

OOPS:D:D

Anyway, there already was a fourth Jurassic park film...

Anyway, there already was a fourth Jurassic park film...

If you're counting fan stuff, then I already wrote Jurassic Park IV AND V, and I didn´t see one stinking penny.

My Jurassic Park 4 treatment had Yangchuanosaurus in it...

My Jurassic Park 4 treatment had Yangchuanosaurus in it...

Mine had Gigantoraptor and Therizinosaurus... and sea reptiles

Well Adam, looks like the guys who did Rise of the Planet of the Apes beat us to the punch...
    http://www.slashfilm.com/jurassic-park-iv-written-rise-planet-apes-screenwriters/

Really? I have high hopes for it now!! Planet of the Apes was an impeccable movie.

Awesome!! Planet of the Apes was easily one of the best movies of the last years :D Actually when I saw it I told everyone it was the best thing since the original Jurassic Park XDD

Thanks a lot, man, you brightened my day XD:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hopefully it'll have a 15A or a 16 cert. I want some decent human decapitation, and a decent dino battle :D

Oh, and if the 1st one was brought out today, it'd probably be 15A due to the t-rex munchies scene :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

the_syco wrote: »
    Oh, and if the 1st one was brought out today, it'd probably be 15A due to the t-rex munchies scene :P

Er, it was rereleased this year and got a 12s IIRC. It's coming out again next year in dubious 3D.

BostonB wrote: »

It needs Scrat from Ice Age.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wow, cant wait for this. Outstanding.

Slightly off topic, but anyone know where i might get a good jp tshirt? Something other than just the logo. Thanks.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Slightly off topic, but anyone know where i might get a good jp tshirt? Something other than just the logo. Thanks.

http://shirtshovel.com/movies-jurassicpark-clevergirl.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Ol' Donie wrote: »

http://shirtshovel.com/movies-jurassicpark-clevergirl.shtml

Cool, thanks!

The Paleozoic Park one further down the page is tres cool too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BostonB wrote: »
    ...its needs sloths
    Giant sloths

22677731.jpgmegatherium.jpg

It would be nice to see a Lost World filum
    the usual plateau in South America but with the animals from 3 million years ago , or even 30,000 years ago. Giant killer birds, marsupial lions, monstrous rodents, humungus crocs and snakes, armadillos with tail clubs and giant sloths with claws to match

• Advertisement

Dinosaur tracking guy wrote a rather passionate piece about the potential merits of JP4:
    http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/dinosaur/2012/08/should-we-go-back-to-jurassic-park/

Advertisement