Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Oz!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Cupcake.

We got the call to say we had our apartment - delighted!!:):)

Lucylocket82 - we stayed in St. Kilda - lovely fun area wth nice bars BUT all our apartment hunting was in the city or other suburbs so although it was a nice hostel I'd defo reccomend staying in the city centre ...much handier for searching! I think another poster reccomended a hostel called space in the city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lucylocket82

Munstergal i wud certainly be up for boards drinks at some stage :D

Thanks for that Cupcake.Yea i have heard Space being mentioned a couple of times.I will do a bit of research on there so.
    Delighted that you got ur apartment sorted.Must be a gr8 relief!

Not sure if you would know but when renting an apartment do you need to sign a contract for a minimum period of stay?6 months for example.
    One thing that worries me is what if myself & my boyf move into an apartment after a couple of wks but den struggle to find work in that city & decide to go to somewhere else in Oz.Im not sure how that would work.
    Maybe it would be best to start working before finding an apartment.But then again i dont fancy staying in a hostel for too long.

Anyway, once again i appreciate any advise anyone may have ;)

Hi Lucy :)

I'm sure others have better advise - I'm just a newbie to oz but here's my two cents... There seemed to be a good few adverts on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au for places that if you signed a 6 month lease it would be $xxx per week and if you signed a 2-5month lease it would be $xxx plus $25 per week.

Alternatively i've met a few people who found places to rent short term on gumtree.com.au. For instance if the tenant was going on extended holiday for 6 weeks.

Ooh also i went for unfurnished and there's a lot to buy even to have basics so if you're here short term i'd reccomend paying a bit extra for furniture!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Welcome Cupcake to Oz n Melbourne

Been here for a while myself having moved here on a full time bases. I’ve had it a bit easier than most seeing my wife is from Melbourne and so I have all relatives here.

I'm sure you've got a taste of our mad weather here already. Was grand the last while up to Today. Bloody windy n wild last night n today. But you’ll get that here in Melb great one day bloody wild the next. Why they say you can have 4 seasons on one day here.

As for the whole work thing. Well I work in IT and I’ve been using agencies which tell you a lot but some times don’t seem to produce for you.

It’s been slow the last few weeks but I think that’s because of the end of finical year and companies not wanting to hire until they know their budgets.

I had an interview a while ago and the company didn’t have the manners to even get back to me. I had to push the agency to even tell me that I didn’t get the job. The old “You’re too experienced” excuse when what they mean is they got someone at a lower wage to fill the position.

The AGE has the job supplement on a Saturday always a good place to check for jobs. If I was you I’d be looking for contract positions. Best chance of getting one of them more than a permanent one.

Anyway enjoy

Ozeire - thanks a mill for the advice! I'll get myself a copy of The AGE over the weekend and I'm meeting about 8 recruiters next week so hopefully it will all come together!! Haha I don't mind the 4 seasons - it's worth it to live in a fab city like this and from living in Ireland we have plenty of practice of bringing an umbrella everywhere we go...roll on summer tho!!

On the wifi point - I got set up with mobile broadband but before that i was using Hudsons Coffee for free wifi - nice coffee and they don't seem to mind you hanging out for a couple of hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ammo123

Cupcake. wrote: »
    On the wifi point - I got set up with mobile broadband but before that i was using Hudsons Coffee for free wifi - nice coffee and they don't seem to mind you hanging out for a couple of hours!

Oh which mobile broadband did you go with, I had a look at them a while ago to see which would be the best deal but my head started to hurt!

My housemate is on optus I think...I know it's lazy but what one do people think is best?

And where's Hudsons?

Hey ammo123 - There's a few Hudsons around http://www.hudsonscoffee.com.au/index.php?sectionID=9692&pageID=10130 I went with Bourke Street.:)

It is a bit of a minefield. The Harvey Norman guy was trying to push broadband by Blink. Harvey have a few different companies so if you want a comparison its there for you: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/page/1256969968019/computing-accessories-mobile-broadband

I went with Vodafone and purchased through the Vodafone shop in the end - there's two of us so I bought a little device that lets up to 5 people use it at the same time. I'm just paying month to month so if it's not working out I can change.

Thanks! :D

Might force myself off my ass and just go in to Harvey Norman then, all the download limit stuff makes my head spin, I know there are limits in Ireland as well I just always got the impression that you would never reach them, seems stricter here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Cupcake - how did you go about sorting somewhere to live?
    Did you go with furnished or unfurnished?

I've finally put a date on my move - booking the flights at the end of this month and flying out to Melbourne on the 10th September - the girl I'm travelling with has a sponsored job lined up for when we get there so we wanna get a house/apartment sorted pretty quickly and then I need to start looking for work myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

What area is this job your friend has lined up?

Zambia wrote: »
    What area is this job your friend has lined up?

Recruitment - lucky thing has 2 more years experience than me so she's able to get sponsorship - I just fell short :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Cupcake - how did you go about sorting somewhere to live?
    Did you go with furnished or unfurnished?

I've finally put a date on my move - booking the flights at the end of this month and flying out to Melbourne on the 10th September - the girl I'm travelling with has a sponsored job lined up for when we get there so we wanna get a house/apartment sorted pretty quickly and then I need to start looking for work myself

So will you land on September 11th? 10th anniversary...:eek::eek:

Brave woman!!!:D

rightyabe wrote: »
    So will you land on September 11th? 10th anniversary...:eek::eek:

Brave woman!!!:D

Nope - I land the 12th :D But thanks for pointing that out.....it hadn't even dawned on me ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hey,

Today is the day I fly out, stopping off in Thailand for a week before landing in Melbourne :D

Currently finishing off my packing, whats the weather like there in Melbourne right now? do I need a big coat? or would hoodies and things do?

Its ducking freezing no bull!

• Advertisement

Boooooooo!!!!
    Whats the weather generally like in September? I'm trying to plan what to take with me

lima wrote: »
    Hey,

Today is the day I fly out, stopping off in Thailand for a week before landing in Melbourne :D

Currently finishing off my packing, whats the weather like there in Melbourne right now? do I need a big coat? or would hoodies and things do?

I'm so jealous! I hope the next 10 weeks go nice and quick :)

Not as freezing but still chilly

Not as freezing but still chilly

Zambia - you're wrecking my Sunday :P
    Wen can I expect the nice hot sunny weather?

November onwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Hi All,

Can any of you advise me on what the work situation is like there for Quantity Surveyors. While I have no immediate plans to move it might become a necessity in the coming months because of the situation here. I have 25years expeience mostly with building contractors.

Complications that I have are that I am 47, seperated with kids - so having to leave them would be the biggest wrench.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

November onwards

So long as I get hot weather that'll keep me pretty happy :D

Yes by christmas things heat up. We look forward to your attendance at a boards beers in your Munster Jersy...

Yes by christmas things heat up. We look forward to your attendance at a boards beers in your Munster Jersy...

Oh I defo will be!!! Just try and stop me from wearing it!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Hey guys, I'll be arriving in melbourne in December after 2 months of travelling solo, what is there to do at Christmas in Melbourne? It would be weird celebrating Christmas in the sun, I just hope I'm not on my own during Christmas day

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Just over 4 weeks till me and my family take off for Brisbane,still a mountain of stuff to do but the paperwork is all done.
    I only get the butterflies for the whole event when i read this forum and hear of fellow boardies arriving and on their way there,no nails left i tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 geminiii

Hey guys!

Really enjoying this thread- thanks for all the info! Please keep us updated cupcake! How is the job hunt going?

After years of thinking about it im actually taking the plunge and going- well I havent booked as im just waiting to get the funds together but im 99% sure!. Thinking of heading to Melbourne and will probably arrive at the beginning of November- just in time for the cup!!

I just have a quick question (I did do a search but maybe my search terms were wrong)- what is the story with claiming your Irish tax back? Would I be better off waiting until January '12 or can I do it as soon as I leave? Does anyone know how it works- if I work until the end of September do I get a tax refund of 1/4 of my PAYE...) Tis very confusing. Iv been onto some of the tax refund websites but I cant seem to get the answer to those questions.

Im very excited- iv been sitting here all night on boards (very sad for a saturday night I know!). Am travelling with my friend and we would love to meet up for boards beers when we arrive if anyone is around!

Thanks in advance!

Geminiii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

ammo123 wrote: »
    Oh which mobile broadband did you go with, I had a look at them a while ago to see which would be the best deal but my head started to hurt!

My housemate is on optus I think...I know it's lazy but what one do people think is best?

And where's Hudsons?

Check out http://www.broadbandexpert.com.au/ I was using Optus pre paid mobile BB here in south east Melbourne for a while and found it working fine but the download limit was crap on it and also seem to have to be topped up very often .

Brother in Law swears by TPG Internet

Just got the Optus BB deal into the house and loving the 20 mb donwload speed with 120 gb cab a month . 750 mb Movies downloaded in 10 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

geminiii wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Really enjoying this thread- thanks for all the info! Please keep us updated cupcake! How is the job hunt going?

After years of thinking about it im actually taking the plunge and going- well I havent booked as im just waiting to get the funds together but im 99% sure!. Thinking of heading to Melbourne and will probably arrive at the beginning of November- just in time for the cup!!

I just have a quick question (I did do a search but maybe my search terms were wrong)- what is the story with claiming your Irish tax back? Would I be better off waiting until January '12 or can I do it as soon as I leave? Does anyone know how it works- if I work until the end of September do I get a tax refund of 1/4 of my PAYE...) Tis very confusing. Iv been onto some of the tax refund websites but I cant seem to get the answer to those questions.

Im very excited- iv been sitting here all night on boards (very sad for a saturday night I know!). Am travelling with my friend and we would love to meet up for boards beers when we arrive if anyone is around!

Thanks in advance!

Geminiii

Go onto Revenue.ie and apply for 'PAYE Anytime', they will send you a password. From then you can apply for all the relevant forms which will show you how to apply for any tax back/ un-used credits etc

All the info is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056305970

Ozeire wrote: »
    Check out http://www.broadbandexpert.com.au/ I was using Optus pre paid mobile BB here in south east Melbourne for a while and found it working fine but the download limit was crap on it and also seem to have to be topped up very often .

Brother in Law swears by TPG Internet

Just got the Optus BB deal into the house and loving the 20 mb donwload speed with 120 gb cab a month . 750 mb Movies downloaded in 10 mins

Ya my housemate has the optus pre paid and one and said it's fine but you couldn't watch anything online with it. The BB sounds great, doubt I'll be able to get anything as good as that on prepaid dongle!

Thanks for the link :)

• Advertisement

flights are booked :D:D:D:D:D:D
    flying to Melbourne on Saturday 10th September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Nice,did you get a good price?

I paid E725 one way to Brisbane mid August,seemed the best considering i left it a little late.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

So you're due to arrive on Sept 11, the 10 year anniversary:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Brave!

Munstergal - Congrats on booking your flights!

Gregsor - very best of luck setting up in Brisbane! Lovely city.

Ozeire/Ammo123 - I came to the same conclusion - mobile broadband was too slow so brought it back (hassle free!) and now connected with netcorp (there was a connection in our building already so it was simple). Sorry for the dud steer on getting mobile.

Geminiii - you won't regret the decision to come over :) and it's simple enough to claim back tax , just send in a claim for a refund of tax paid by supplying the following to your local tax office (i) A completed claim form P50 (http://www.revenue.ie/forms.htm ) and (ii) your P45 (available from your employer if you are leaving your employment). If they are being picky they may ask for (iii) a completed tax return - form 11 and a statement to the effect that you will not be resident in Ireland for at least the following tax year. .... My OH sent in items (i) and (ii) and got his cheque within a couple of weeks. It's fantastic - like free money! However as you are leaving in November the cheque will be smaller (you won't have many unused credits/rate band). On the plus side you should only be taxed in Oz from date of arrival and you will be 5months into the ozzie tax year so you may benefit over here!

Giftofgab - Strangely enough the christmas thing was also on my mind, i've talked to hairdressers/other irish living here/ozzies and they all say it's a fabulous time of year here, I understand that most offices either shut or work on a go slow around that time....the only cons (it seems) are a lack of christmas music in the shops and the hot weather makes it difficult to eat like a pig all day :pac:

My update:

Work: Both myself and my OH found jobs very easily, Melbourne's economy seems to be in good shape! Also wages are significantly higher over here (in our sector anyway).....I have a dilema though :confused:- my potential employer wants me to start on a sponsored visa (457) from the begining - i'm not entirely sure I want to be tied...if anyone else has experience i'd love to here about the pros and cons of being sponsored and giving up your WHV.:)

Bargains: As I mentioned before spending euros over here is a killer right now (bad exchange rate etc). So if your on a budget Queen Victoria Market www.qvm.com.au/is a good spot for fresh fruit and veg aswell as meat. Also the Melbourne equivilant of citydeal.ie is www.scoopon.com.au/ or www.spreets.com.au.

Dentist: I need a dentist visit can anyone reccomend a reasonably priced good dentist in or around the CBD? Thanks!

Dentist: I need a dentist visit can anyone reccomend a reasonably priced good dentist in or around the CBD? Thanks!

I'm looking for a doctor...a cheap one, if such a thing exists, CBD, Prahan, Richmond, South Yarra, or anywhere in zone 1 if cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Hey Cupcake.

If you ask anybody, they'll tell dentists are very expensive here so you'll have to grin and bare it, no pun intended!
    I chipped some teeth in NZ and was too poor to get them fixed so I had to do it here. I went to Moore Street Dental (no not some dublin city centre hole!) in Moonee ponds. Found them very reasonable and Doc Rich was very friendly and honest. My check up including 2 xrays was about $150. One tooth, i had to get a filling removed and redone (white now :)), that cost 350, $220 same for another similar procedure. One more thing to do but couldnt make it unfortunatly but all in would have been about 900 and my teeth are as good as they can be:D:D:D:D <
    this good!!
    I went for a check up with the dental network crowd and they want to give me 2 crowns on the 2 teeth mentioned about at 1700 EACH!!!
    Hope this helps

Munky

Munky - thanks a mill, that's really really helpful!! I had expected to pay a good bit just from looking online...for instance I was quoted €80 for a wisdom tooth extraction at home and $360 here :eek: ...but will grin and bear it as you say!! :) Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Brave!

Thats exactly what I said on post #63, you taking the piss or what...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Great minds........;)

• Advertisement

Gregsor wrote: »
    Nice,did you get a good price?

I paid E725 one way to Brisbane mid August,seemed the best considering i left it a little late.

I paid €702 with Etihad which I thought was great! They were a little cheaper last week but not by much plus they meant to be a fantastic airline so I'm happy out :D

Brave!

Brave or stupid....... Not quite sure yet! :D

I hadn't even noticed the dates until you pointed it out rightyabe - my paranoia is totally down to you now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20 geminiii

Thanks Markymark21 and Cupcake- I havent got to ten posts yet so I cant "thank" your replies! Im thinking of leaving work at the end of September so I should have three months of unused tax credits- im dying to know how much I will get back!

Probably booking my flights in the next two weeks- exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hey Y'all,

Arrived last Thursday after 9 fun days in Thailand. It's pretty chilly alright so I'm just glad I brought my favorite scarf! I've had it lucky, I've been crashing with friends for free and just found my self a room in an apartment owned by an Aussie guy of similar age in Elwood/St Kilda.. moving in later today actually :-)

Opening a Bank Account was so easy compared to the nightmare of London. Got 3 accounts set up with ANZ, a normal one, a saving one and a term deposit one as I am looking to stay here longer than my WHV (either through getting sponsored or going for the Skilled Worker Visa).

Anyway, great to be here, and even though I'm in St Kilda, all my friends are either Swedish or Aussie so to me it's not like what some people say.. although I walked by a new pub called 'The Craic' yesterday and walked in for the laugh and it was hillarious - guy playing Whiskey in the Jar and everyone gulping pints - in the middle of the arvo! :-) As long as I can watch a Dublin match in there it'll be grand though :-)

So, now to get a job...

oh, and anyone in St Kilda want to meet for a coffee? just pm me

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

lima wrote: »

Opening a Bank Account was so easy compared to the nightmare of London. Got 3 accounts set up with ANZ, a normal one, a saving one and a term deposit one as I am looking to stay here longer than my WHV (either through getting sponsored or going for the Skilled Worker Visa).

Highjacking your thread here but if you want term deposits/savings accounts have a look at rabo/uBank - they should be about 1-1.5% higher
    http://www.canstar.com.au/term-deposits/
    The linked accounts are handy, but not competitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I signed my contract for Melbourne and faxed it today. Company have started the Visa application. Barring disaster, I'll be making the short (8 hours!) hop to Melbourne from here for the start of September!

Seems to be lots of us about to arrive or recently arrived - Boards Beers (Melbourne Edition) in September anyone??

Lima - fantatsic - well done on making it over in one piece !! Pity the weather isn't a bit nicer for you this week post thailand but sure there's plenty of shelter in the cafes/bar in st.kilda :) amazing to find a place that quickly too!

Myflipflops - congrats on signing your contract! Nice to have the jo bit sorted before you come over!:cool:

Hussey - hijacking is encouraged - all tips on settling in welcome! thanks for that - once the paychecks start rolling in i'll be looking for a saving ac too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

Hi folks, just seen the thread and thought i'd contribute something useless to it:D
    just arrived a couple of weeks ago and melbourne has to be the most incredible city i've ever seen, and i'd consider myself very well travelled!
    Congrats to anyone who took the plunge and made it over safely and to anyone else who is thinking about it -DO IT!!

A few tips for anyone coming out are to definitely pack a hoodie, not baltic conditions but pretty cold at night and days are akin to your average late spring day at home, nice when the sun comes out but stay out of the shade!! nighttime can be chilly too. Although some aussies tend to over exaggerate a bit by wearing ear-muffs, scarfs and leg warmers. I was happy enough walking around in tshirt and jeans although i was questioned by a few locals who thought i was insane!!

Transport around the city is second to none. so easy to navigate and use! No tips really here for that, even a boardsie could understand it!

There are a million things to do whether you are backpacking or moving with wife and kids etc and a huge Irish presence in st Kilda albeit most of them are young singletons living it up big time but its a great place to visit and get talking to "paddys" for plenty of advice on where to vist etc

Unless you are earning aus$ then drink can seem extortionate which may be why there isnt as huge a drinking culture as back home. $10 for a pint of guinness or beer!! Spirits are scarily priced too! although there are lots of places that do happy hours and deals on different nights of the weeks (hence why a fact-finding trip to the backpackers in st kilda pays dividends)

For anyone looking to stay long term and planning on long term rentals, my advice is to not expect too much too soon.I've been looking for months before we left and every day here, so finding a place could take a few weeks unless you get extremely lucky as the market is pretty cut throat due to demand exceeding supply. Also it can be pretty expensive to live inner city too and some of the properties look like they leapt from a time-warp from mid 80's, browny flowery walls and carpet and mahogony coloured wood everywhere although there are some nice new build and renovations popping up from time to time, Also photos can be very misleading- definitely wait to see a place in person before making any offers. i know of two people that put deposits on a house before they arrived and were horrified and disgusted at what the actual property looked like in real-life.

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm, also a boards.ie meet up would be pretty cool!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

... Also photos can be very misleading- definitely wait to see a place in person before making any offers. i know of two people that put deposits on a house before they arrived and were horrified and disgusted at what the actual property looked like in real-life.

LOL, Every village has one!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭blondie82

Great thread.

bigdogbarking, thanks for the useful info, will be arriving in Melbourne myself on 29th August. Have the hoodie ready to go in the rucksack ;)

Have meeting lined up with an agency to do childcare work. Will be looking for a room in share house /apt. Hoping close to CBD but like you say depends on cost. Hope to god I can start work fairly fast, the crap euro exchange rate is worrying me a bit.

Would def be interested in a boards beers to help settle in!Jesus $10 for a beer! I actually hate beer, prefer wine, any chance that's cheap?!:p

Hello :)

I just received a large welcome pack with lots of info that would have been helpful to me a few weeks ago!....It may be of use to people moving over :) ....some of it is stating the very obvious..I've just put the renters section as a start.

Renter’s Checklist

1. Look through the popular rental property (domain.com.au and realestate.co.au) to see what properties are available in your price range
    2. View properties
    3. Carefully read your new lease, make sure Lease includes names and signatures of all tenants & the landlord. All parties should receive a copy.
    4. If applicable ask your employer to take account of the rent in calculating you Living Away from Home allowance
    5. Arrange utilities - telephone, electricity and gas – at your new property
    6. Organise contents insurance to protect your personal belongings
    7. Collect the keys to your new home. Make duplicates from the originals as needed
    8. Check the new property’s condition report, noting any faults or pre-existing problems with the property, such as the condition of the carpets. This must be returned within 7 days
    9. Find out when rubbish and recycling are collected.

For more rental tips, please see the following website:
    http://www.nsw.gov.au/moving.asp
    http://www.aussiemigrant.com

Arrange utilities

Electricity http://www.connectnow.com.au
    Gas/electricity https://agl.com.au
    Gas/electricity http://www.energy.com.au
    Telephone http://www.telstra.com
    Telephone http://optus.com.au

Furniture

Fantastic Furniture http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au
    Freedom http://www.freedom.com.au/
    Harvey Norman http://www.harveynorman.com.au
    Ikea http://www.ikea.com/

Electrical

Bing Lee http://www.binglee.com.au/
    Retravision http://www.retravision.com.au/

Hello :)

I just received a large welcome pack with lots of info that would have been helpful to me a few weeks ago!....It may be of use to people moving over :) ....some of it is stating the very obvious..I've just put the renters section as a start.

Renter’s Checklist

1. Look through the popular rental property (domain.com.au and realestate.co.au) to see what properties are available in your price range
    2. View properties
    3. Carefully read your new lease, make sure Lease includes names and signatures of all tenants & the landlord. All parties should receive a copy.
    4. If applicable ask your employer to take account of the rent in calculating you Living Away from Home allowance
    5. Arrange utilities - telephone, electricity and gas – at your new property
    6. Organise contents insurance to protect your personal belongings
    7. Collect the keys to your new home. Make duplicates from the originals as needed
    8. Check the new property’s condition report, noting any faults or pre-existing problems with the property, such as the condition of the carpets. This must be returned within 7 days
    9. Find out when rubbish and recycling are collected.

For more rental tips, please see the following website:
    http://www.nsw.gov.au/moving.asp
    http://www.aussiemigrant.com

Arrange utilities

Electricity http://www.connectnow.com.au
    Gas/electricity https://agl.com.au
    Gas/electricity http://www.energy.com.au
    Telephone http://www.telstra.com
    Telephone http://optus.com.au

Furniture

Fantastic Furniture http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au
    Freedom http://www.freedom.com.au/
    Ikea http://www.ikea.com/

Electrical

Bing Lee http://www.binglee.com.au/
    Retravision http://www.retravision.com.au/

Good woman! I knew there was a reason I wait for updates from ya ;)
    6 Weeks til I'm on the way :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement