Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hardstyle in Ireland?

• 17-07-2011 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

Is there anybody else who is a hardstyle fan or even heard of the genre? I believe that this is one of the countries where the hard dance scene is least popular.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Eastern europe is probably your best place to go to listen to that, as I dont think anywhere in Ireland would play that shíte to be brutally honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭5wreck

Dbstf wrote: »
    Is there anybody else who is a hardstyle fan or even heard of the genre? I believe that this is one of the countries where the hard dance scene is least popular.

yeah loads there is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkOHZa-LsoE&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

There have been hardstyle events in Ireland most notably in the SFX in the 90's but these events are few and far between and to be honest there really never has been any sort of hardstyle scene in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

Tinie wrote: »
    Eastern europe is probably your best place to go to listen to that, as I dont think anywhere in Ireland would play that shíte to be brutally honest.

I'm pretty sure you don't really know what hardstyle is... Hardstyle originated in Holland around 1999-2000 and is most popular in Northern Europe and Australia.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    There have been hardstyle events in Ireland most notably in the SFX in the 90's but these events are few and far between and to be honest there really never has been any sort of hardstyle scene in this country.

I can't imagine any hardstyle events in the 90's since Hardstyle was invented in the early 21st century...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I can't imagine any hardstyle events in the 90's since Hardstyle was invented in the early 21st century...

Any youtube examples.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Not the biggest but it has a well known list of producers & DJs. Mark Kavanagh, Alan Pullen, James Devlin etc... have made the "hard dance" scene very popular over here. Plus the likes of Andy Farley, Ian M, Glazby etc.. regularly play over here. Although they prefer to call it "Hard House" from what I can gather.

alright Gabba then both genres are pretty much the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Not my style at all but you will get what you want under the sensation black flag, More of a sensation white man meself!!!

alright Gabba then both genres are pretty much the same

oh no you've got it all wrong dude. That's like saying house and trance are the same. Gabber is produced completely different and it's tempo is way above that of hardstyle. And I as a hardstyle fan hate gabber.

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glh8bCmu9qM

This is an example of the type of hardstyle I like.

oh no you've got it all wrong dude. That's like saying house and trance are the same. Gabber is produced completely different and it's tempo is way above that of hardstyle. And I as a hardstyle fan hate gabber.

There's not THAT much differnece, it's wayyyy too fast for my liking, i like some Hard Techno but that's about as "fast" ill go.;)

There's not THAT much differnece, it's wayyyy too fast for my liking, i like some Hard Techno but that's about as "fast" ill go.;)

Trust me it is quite different. I produce hardstyle and everything is pretty much different. It probably sounds the same to you because both genres use kicks with a lot of bass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

There used to be a few one-off hardstyle nights in the sports bar in Cathal Brugha Street, D1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

I think it's non existent in Ireland.

Though there is a scene in the UK. And there it's mostly called UK Hardcore - same hoovers. It's not a mainstream dance style.

You can not get further from hip and cool than hardcore. It's enjoyed by lunatics with their shirts off.

I don't know - would any club in Ireland like a few hundred lunatics with their shirts off going nuts to this stuff.

It's the kind of music that seriously asks for trouble.

Hardstyle and Hardcore are exactly the same music that started in the early 90s.

They are the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

krd wrote: »
    Hardstyle and Hardcore are exactly the same music that started in the early 90s.

They are the same thing.

no they're not.

hardstyle

hardcore

both genres suck, but oldskool hardcore was a brilliant genre till it got cheesy.

They are the same thing.

omg.. you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. As a hardstyle producer and fan I think I would know when it was invented and what the differences are and they are NOT the same thing.

omg.. you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. As a hardstyle producer and fan I think I would know when it was invented and what the differences are and they are NOT the same thing.

No, you're being a genre nerd.

Or maybe you're one of these people who think Fiddy Cent invented rap in 2001.

How do you split your hairs? The Hoovers in Hardstyle are made by a different manufacturer than hardcore?

The production may be different these days, but it is still the same genus.

Dbstf, I'm not trying to start a fight with you... let's just say we disagree. And there may be difference between the styles - but they have the same root.

No, you're being a genre nerd.

Or maybe you're one of these people who think Fiddy Cent invented rap in 2001.

How do you split your hairs? The Hoovers in Hardstyle are made by a different manufacturer than hardcore?

The production may be different these days, but it is still the same genus.

Dbstf, I'm not trying to start a fight with you... let's just say we disagree. And there may be difference between the styles - but they have the same root.

Just because it was inspired by a style does not make it the same music. If what you are saying were to be true, then every genre of music is the same. It all originated from somewhere and grew and evolved into different genres.
    Also it had a lot of influences from hard house and hard trance as well but that doesn't make it the same as them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

if im guessing right. . Showtek. .kutski. .organ donors and the likes?if so YES!mostly young lads listening to it.carlows a great spot for famous hardstyle djs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

99.999% of people grow out of it before they're old enough to go to a club.

The 00.001% are obviously in Carlow, surprise surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

99.999% of people grow out of it before they're old enough to go to a club.

The 00.001% are obviously in Carlow, surprise surprise.

when i said young lads i meant lads under 25. .and it sounds to me that your talking about the 'clubland hardcore'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Is there really this amount of subtle differences in sh¡tness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I'm sure if you invested some time in it Android you would find you're correct it is ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

Hardstyle is virtually non-existent over here. Seems to be big in the UK and even bigger in Europe. Why not run a night and see if it attracts people. There may well be more than just you out there.

Just ignore the snobs. Listen to what you like rather than what you think you "should" listen to.

DEVOTION wrote: »
    Hardstyle is virtually non-existent over here. Seems to be big in the UK and even bigger in Europe. Why not run a night and see if it attracts people. There may well be more than just you out there.

Just ignore the snobs. Listen to what you like rather than what you think you "should" listen to.

Yes, I am aware that it's huge in Europe and Australia especially in Holland. Hardstyle events over there attract hundreds of thousands of people. I was just curious if people over here in Ireland had heard of it but my conclusion from this thread is that most of the people who posted don't even know what Hardstyle is and calling something "****e" without even knowing what it is shows clear ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Yes, I am aware that it's huge in Europe and Australia especially in Holland. Hardstyle events over there attract hundreds of thousands of people. I was just curious if people over here in Ireland had heard of it but my conclusion from this thread is that most of the people who posted don't even know what Hardstyle is and calling something "****e" without even knowing what it is shows clear ignorance.

In fairness I listened to the samples posted up here and if that's what you say is hardstyle I'm not going to argue with you. But put it this way, if I'm walking down the street and I see a lump of dog sh¡t on the ground I'm not going to stick it in my pocket, bring it home and studying it before deducing that it is indeed a piece of dog sh¡t. Now, if I have a dog sh¡t fetish I'll probably be all over that turd and probably excitedly bring it and then be utterly devastated when I realise it came out of the arse of a feline. But then again each to their own. The thing is if I had a dog sh¡t fetish I couldn't really be insulted if other people chose not to study canine fecal matter to the same extent that I did, could !?

Do you get where I'm coming from?

In fairness I listened to the samples posted up here and if that's what you say is hardstyle I'm not going to argue with you. But put it this way, if I'm walking down the street and I see a lump of dog sh¡t on the ground I'm not going to stick it in my pocket, bring it home and studying it before deducing that it is indeed a piece of dog sh¡t. Now, if I have a dog sh¡t fetish I'll probably be all over that turd and probably excitedly bring it and then be utterly devastated when I realise it came out of the arse of a feline. But then again each to their own. The thing is if I had a dog sh¡t fetish I couldn't really be insulted if other people chose not to study canine fecal matter to the same extent that I did, could !?

Do you get where I'm coming from?

Yes, I do get where you're coming from and you just proved my point.

• Advertisement

DEVOTION wrote: »

I think I've heard of nights running in Galway. But I'm not sure.

It is one style of music that is passionately hated by many people. I've heard someone describe it as like music to repeatedly punch someone in the face to. As music I don't think it's that bad. It's own thing.

It could be music that very young and very aggressive and very excitable people are into.

Advertisement