Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hasbro MP Rodimus.

• 31-05-2011 7:53pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Firebolt: Good.

Deco: Not so good, imo.

Edit: In fact, the more i look at it, the more inferior to the Takara paint job it seems.

14loio0.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bit of a cheek, calling him prime without the trailer and with firebolt. That's masterpiece hot rod right there. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Bit of a cheek, calling him prime without the trailer and with firebolt. That's masterpiece hot rod right there. :)

Esp with that deco, but Hasbro can't use the name Hot Rod any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Buy this one as Hot Rod and the Japanese one as Rodimus Prime. Simples :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Galvasean wrote: »
    Buy this one as Hot Rod and the Japanese one as Rodimus Prime. Simples :pac:

So tempted...

So tempted...

Don't even pretend it isn't going to happen Chopper. More chance of us not buying the new Street Fighter

• Advertisement

Quiet you!

I can't see the pics in work. Is Firebolt done well?

EDIT: Just saw the picture on tfw. Want to see what Firebolt looks like transformed and if the figure can hold him correctly and not topple over.

Also don't like the stickers on the shins. It may be a throwback to the G1 toy, but it looks tacky.

Quiet you!

I can't see the pics in work. Is Firebolt done well?

EDIT: Just saw the picture on tfw. Want to see what Firebolt looks like transformed and if the figure can hold him correctly and not topple over.

Also don't like the stickers on the shins. It may be a throwback to the G1 toy, but it looks tacky.

Yeah? Well hot rod told me he doesn't like YOUR shins. How do you like that?

(I actually agree with you, they look really out of place)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sucks ass that we don't get these over here if i saw him in Smyths i'd buy but i wouldn't bother going to the trouble of importing

Those shin details are more likely tampod

And Firebo... offshoot has a flip out handle neat the front, with tabs that match the indentations on Roddy palms.
    Sucks ass that we don't get these over here if i saw him in Smyths i'd buy but i wouldn't bother going to the trouble of importing

It's not that it won't pass through Hasbro UK. It's just that Toys R Us have the global exclusive on it. If that TRU catalog store in Blanch is still open, they could probably order it for you.

Once TRU UK have it, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bagofbest

I have the Takara version already, the reason i'd have for buying this would be Firebolt. An that ain't happenin.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, the thought of NOT having Firebolt is worse than having it and being underwhelmed by it.

I bet they even retooled the fists on the Hasbro version so that it doesn't fit on the Takara version.

Wasn't Firebolt pictured with it, or was that just a mock-up?

Wasn't Firebolt pictured with it, or was that just a mock-up?

Even if that's p-shop trickery, there are plenty of pictures from Botcon.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Now that toys r us deliver to Ireland I'm very tempted to purchase this!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056387901

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Now that toys r us deliver to Ireland I'm very tempted to purchase this!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056387901

Hasbro version didn't necessarily as conclusively resolve QC issues as some might hope.

1) Reports of (rivet) shoulder joints disintegrating...quite common..apparently.

2) One or two reports of issues with the elbow joints, a ratchet that was present on the Takara version is now seemingly gone.

3) Chrome is allegedly more delicate than on Takara verison.

4) Paint around engine block has been known to have issues.

5) Hood may not sit properly in alt mode.

6) Some targetmasters have mismatched legs.

7) The forked chest tab still requires a dab of glue.

Number seven is the only one i've had trouble with...but just saying.

You could probably send it back if you get a faulty one.

Currently avaiable from TRU online, if anybody is thinking about one for Xmas, etc.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Action-Figures-and-Playsets/Transformers-Masterpiece-Rodimus%280084268%29

Stop tempting me.

Stop tempting me.

If you have a first run MP9, Firebolt probably won't tab into the first properly.

So buy an MP9V2 as well.

Advertisement