Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take down all NDP signs

Options
  • 29-06-2011 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

It's time to get rid of the massively oversized NDP signs around the country. these were pointless and distracting for cars and in many cases they were aging very badly. They look like the election signs you'd see in some tinpot country.

proj_66430.jpg

scheme_signs.png.jpg

As they were really just ads for Fianna Fáil, let's remove this visual pollution.

What do you think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Might it not be best to leave them rot for another few years and spend the money that removal across the whole country would cost on other more vital road maintenance and safety work?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭daveboy01

Maybe while they're at it they could remove the remaining "Host Town" signs for the Special Olympics in 2003 :eek:
    I don't have any pics but I've been through quite a few towns that still have these signs up 8 years later e.g. Manorhamilton Co. Leitrim still has a sign up proclaiming it to be host town to The Gambia:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Yes, take them down. Take down other cluttering signage too, especially in urban areas. Just do a huge spring clean all at once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

A suggestion: If these things were to be removed it would mean a report would have to be done, a minimum of ten FF cronies would be hired by the local council and other costs incurred. Why not just declare open season on certain signs and a few lads in hiace vans will render their services free and remove them for scrap, even making a profit on it. If the state gets involved it will cost money and line the pockets of kronies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Stinicker wrote: »
    A suggestion: If these things were to be removed it would mean a report would have to be done, a minimum of ten FF cronies would be hired by the local council and other costs incurred. Why not just declare open season on certain signs and a few lads in hiace vans will render their services free and remove them for scrap, even making a profit on it. If the state gets involved it will cost money and line the pockets of kronies.

What FF councils are there left to employ FF cronies? Think they control two...

FF are a spent force, and their cronies are all in NAMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Looking through the tender documents for a project the company I work for are tendering for atm and saw a drawing for one of these NRP signs - rather than taking them down, they are still planning on putting more up. I thought of this thread and had a good laugh to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Take down all NDP signs
    yep and next time dont waste a small fortune putting up such signs, if ever there is anuther time when we have any money

Advertisement