Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather outlook for July

Options
  • 22-06-2011 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Oh god this weather is just so depressing and miserable...what ever happened to the fantastic summer weather that was predicted. I heard July and August is set to be the hottest on record...anyone else hear this? Probably a load of rubbish!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its looking quite promising (ie decent summer weather) but I hesitate to say even that having been disappointed a few times this summer. Even since this morning the GFS is not as hopeful as it was first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

LJD10 wrote: »
    Oh god this weather is just so depressing and miserable...what ever happened to the fantastic summer weather that was predicted. I heard July and August is set to be the hottest on record...anyone else hear this? Probably a load of rubbish!

I don't think anyone but the tabloid media is predicting the 'hottest on record' type nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

They can't accurately forecast what the weather will be like new week, never mind for the next 2 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Accu Weather looking very bad for the West if you can trust them its a s...e forecast.

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/ie/galway/galway/forecast15.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I think this weekend was the last throw of the dice. The other night Evelyn C was hinting at a good weekend with temps getting into the low 20s but that's all changed. It's looking cloudy now with showers though warm.
    The same happened for the June bank holiday weekend, it was looking good but all we got was the Saturday and it turned unsettled by Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I think this weekend was the last throw of the dice. The other night Evelyn C was hinting at a good weekend with temps getting into the low 20s but that's all changed. It's looking cloudy now with showers though warm.
    The same happened for the June bank holiday weekend, it was looking good but all we got was the Saturday and it turned unsettled by Sunday.

:confused::confused: Friday and Saturday were savage! best weekend so far,

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

so depressing! summer me ear! bring back the snow i say:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

OUTLOOK ... Slightly cooler again for a few days, but the models are beginning to show some very warm weather patterns in early July which, if they come to pass, could bring highs of 25 to 28 C well inland in southeast to south breezes.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

your a bit early LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Horgan wrote: »
    :confused::confused: Friday and Saturday were savage! best weekend so far,

yip but that only happened down south :) I was in Kerry that weekend and it was ace weatherwise but I know people here in meath had loads of rain on that sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Does anyone know what the postman has predicted?!

This weather is crippling me & all my lovely veggies & flowers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We will have a two/three day "warm wave" this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

July will be an improvement on June (not hard) with some short warm spells but also a lot of the normal craap too. Overall though the Mean Temperature should be near or above average. Sometimes the models are predicting really warm spells in a weeks time then they go back to this muck. So in that case Im going for mild but mixed July. As opposed to freezing and mixed May and June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I see tonights models have turned our warm weekend into a washout as the Atlantic muck barges in again before we get even one day of something resembling summer - as of now this for me has been one of the worst May/June combos ever:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

O...what ever happened to the fantastic summer weather that was predicted.

Beg your pardon, but I've been 'shot down' a few times already, but BAD WEATHER and a WASH OUT summer was predicted when we were six inches to six feet in snow.

Have you watched the spring this year?

I was told that long range forecast are unreliable. TRUE. However, a long range forecast that says it will be bad weather, almost always, is bad weather. The difference is in degree.

A long range FC may say we get an EF5 tornado in Portlaoise, what we may get is a gale-force 9 miserable wet n windy day or two.

For a fact we are getting away with murder, we are escaping the worst of the weather and BTW God has nothing to do with it, but if one were to have followed the trends, one would have extrapolated a very dismal weather pattern for the summer of 2011 ~ add to that this year's Spring which just reinforced those predictions.

But yes, Oh God! It's awful being right, why can't I read the signs and watch the trees and flowers and animals and be wrong? Go on God surprise me!

To be fair, this year nature spoke very loudly, never mind the weathermen, and in Cork we have a legendary broadcaster who issues his own weather predictions and promises rosy weather no matter what the actual forecast is. I'd bet you may have fallen for one of these presenter's weather follies and then blame God!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

WHERE THE HELL IS THE FRIGGIN SUN :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Speedy44 wrote: »
    WHERE THE HELL IS THE FRIGGIN SUN :mad:

Migrated South for some decent weather :D

Unfortunatly the pattern of last summer ie. another mediocre one for here coupled with heat surge further east into Russia/Eastern Europe, looks like being the case again as we go into July based on tonights models:(.

Persisitant Northern blocking over Greenland looks set to kill yet another Irish summer stone dead I'm afraid:(

Still July will be better than June if not warm. I can handle a few cool sunny days. That 1995 Summer was a freak. However I do think that as the Arctic is warming it is dragging Highs up there that are funnelling cool weather down onto us. This sort of messed up Jet Stream has been in place for the last 5 Summers now.

I see summer has been cancelled till the end of July now - we're running out of time(and hope for many!!) folks:(

• Advertisement

We can forget about summer until around the third week in August, we'll get the odd warm day or two like the weekend and next Friday. It's interesting to note how easily a not very active Atlantic brushed aside the continental heat over southern England without the expected fireworks!

fireworks in london today with thunder n heavy rain

:o I better wipe that egg off my face.
    If it didn't happen yesterday I wasn't expecting it to happen today.
    www.raintoday.co.uk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Whatever about the absence of warmth - the salmon of the west coast are predicting a drought. You might well think I am doo-lally and you might be right, but these fish have a tendency to migrate upriver more rapidly than normal if a drought is coming, and this is just what they are doing now.

...Or maybe the poor fish are just too cold :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 boreduser

This is the best summer we've had in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭20silkcut

It is better than the unrelenting misery of the summers of 2007/08 . The low temperatures make this the coolest summer I ever remember.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

It's a typical Irish summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

boreduser wrote: »
    This is the best summer we've had in years!

where do you live? Arizona? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

John mac wrote: »
    where do you live? Arizona?

Be great if people put even a rough location in their profile, then the rest of us may have some notion of where "here" is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Any early indications for weather for oxegen next week?? i know the ground is soaked already regardless so wellies are a must but I dont mind mud once its not lashing down all weekend.

Advertisement