Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

RoverJames wrote: »
    Better than the 2.0 Mk IV :)

Absolutely anything is better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

E34

sold :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Well wear (ware?):)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

homer90 wrote: »
    Full?id=6898155

well presented, shiney bangernomics:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I have you down in my books for a 50 year old, so I presume it wouldn't cost that much :P

Just because I like Volvo's doesn't mean I'm old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Just because I like Volvo's doesn't mean I'm old.

And may I remind you 50 is not old :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

LOL, the young guy likes old people's cars, while the old guy drives a young person's car!

:D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2262148

dunno why he's pimping his expired nct? ejit..........lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

MidlandsM wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2262148

dunno why he's pimping his expired nct? ejit..........lol

The tax is valid until next Thursday, he should realy use that as a selling point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

high horse wrote: »
    The tax is valid until next Thursday, he should realy use that as a selling point! :D

He seems to be banking more on the 'TOWBAR!!!!'. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

high horse wrote: »

Been looking at plenty of cars on done deal lately and the short or expired NCT thing seems to be fairly common. Does it really matter if an NCT is "only out this week?" There was one guy highlighting a 2010 expired NCT and tax as a selling point, pictures of the discs and everything!! I'll try looking up the add again.

Maybe the car has been sitting on his front street for the last 12 months and he never changed the add wording:D.

Really considering looking at some of those BMW 525's but just have it in my head that BMWs are kinda fall apart cars. More form than function. I have no idea where I got that idea or if it is true as I've never owned a BMW (or even drove one for that matter) so maybe someone could put me straight on that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2271670

Low milage luxobarge in RWD:D. No mention of NCT or tax though

• Registered Users Posts: 65,162 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Slig wrote: »
    No mention of NCT or tax though

NCT 11/12 :p

Nice find though, 2.5l V6, auto and RWD and the tax is not too shocking at €935 (compared to €614 for a 2l car)

I'd buy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Some damage to rear corner.
    Great car / price though
    View2-6549635.jpeg
    €1050
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2197864

No NCT, a tractor diesel engine from when Jesus was still alive and 2.5l tax. I think I'll take the Omega instead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Sweatynutsack

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Some damage to rear corner.
    Great car / price though
    View2-6549635.jpeg
    €1050
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2197864

No NCT, no tax, no leather, manual, looks rough as a bears behind and he wants to charge extra for a half decent set of wheels. Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Great news, was cheap at the price listed but what did you pay?

Great news, was cheap at the price listed but what did you pay?

Well it was up for 650 3 weeks ago, so not a whole lot more.

Seems like a good aul motor so far anyway, she's 'tight as a ducks arse'

Its my first bmw so there's a lot resting on it, if it turns out to break my heart I'll be back in a rusty old toyota before you can say "achtung!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

one overpriced micra - i bought a 99 one privately with 2 year nct,90,000 miles for 900e only 2 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

MidlandsM wrote: »
    one overpriced micra - i bought a 99 one privately with 2 year nct,90,000 miles for 900e only 2 weeks ago

That's what I thought too. Posted them both as they are in roughly the same price range/age range.

I know which one i'd pick!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    02 nissan maxima...

But it's obviously a Nissan Cefiro, i.e. a Japanese import. It wouldn't kill sellers to be honest about this kind of stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Well it was up for 650 3 weeks ago, so not a whole lot more.

Seems like a good aul motor so far anyway, she's 'tight as a ducks arse'

Its my first bmw so there's a lot resting on it, if it turns out to break my heart I'll be back in a rusty old toyota before you can say "achtung!"

Class post. I hope you never tried the tightness of a duck for yourself :D

Proper old skool BMW, most of them have disappeared over the last 2-3 years and if you keep the car on the road, it will be a proper classic car soon enough :)

Out of interest, did the seller give any reason why he was selling it so soon. Just to make a few hundred on the car doesn't seem like a valid reason to me...

But it's obviously a Nissan Cefiro, i.e. a Japanese import. It wouldn't kill sellers to be honest about this kind of stuff :rolleyes:

Well in fairness he does say it's an import :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

gyppo wrote: »

I might grab that for spares and the interior. Could even do a sneaky engine upgrade on my 2.0, fuel consumption is around the same but I'd have around 50 more bhp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

kazul wrote: »
    I might grab that for spares and the interior. Could even do a sneaky engine upgrade on my 2.0, fuel consumption is around the same but I'd have around 50 more bhp

Besy of all its on Adverts so you can ask the seller will he take a part exchange for some used underwear and a Joe Dolan tape..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,119 ✭✭✭✭Esel

gyppo wrote: »
    kazul wrote: »
    Enough bhp is enough, without totally invalidating your insurance... never mind the expense (or time, if you would do it yourself) of swapping the engine.

Not your ornery onager

unkel wrote: »
    Class post. I hope you never tried the tightness of a duck for yourself :D

Proper old skool BMW, most of them have disappeared over the last 2-3 years and if you keep the car on the road, it will be a proper classic car soon enough :)

Out of interest, did the seller give any reason why he was selling it so soon. Just to make a few hundred on the car doesn't seem like a valid reason to me...

:D

Yeah I agree, i've wanted one for quite a while, I think they're the nicest 5, said i'd bite the bullet on this one, very glad I did, Its in pretty good nick. There's a few little niggles with it but nothing important or expensive.

Not really to be honest, he told me he never had a manual one before and wanted to try it out, and he admitted saw an opportunity to turn a few bob.

Also he told me he had a few other e34's and a 740i and seems to me he buys and sells them before he has to tax 'em :pac: .. Nice fella though seemed very honest and didnt try to hide any of the little problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Im looking for a bmw 728
    If anyone spies a nice one plz let me know:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement