Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

mel.b wrote: »
    How have i watched Coronation street for almost 3.5 years and not know that Hailey was once a man:eek::confused:

LOL really???????? :eek:

Is Hayley actually playing part of trans-gender or not would be my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

mel.b wrote: »
    How have i watched Coronation street for almost 3.5 years and not know that Hailey was once a man:eek::confused:

That's because the actress who plays Hayley is really a woman anyway. If they got a real transexual to play Hayley, you'd know it straight away ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

My big question is how old does Sylvia think most women are still fertile until, seeing as how Hayley is 45. (Harold was born in 1966.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

ya just gota love kevin mac his facial expressions are worth the watch alone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

loved how Roy got really defensive and stood up for Haley. He's not much of a speaker but when he is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I love how much Roy and Hhayley love each other unconditionally, in a few years time they'll be like Jack and Vera :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

There is no doubt about it Silvia really has an acid tongue.She would have gave Blanche a real run for her money.Much more insulting than she ever was:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

jimmyw wrote: »
    There is no doubt about it Silvia really has an acid tongue.She would have gave Blanche a real run for her money.Much more insulting than she ever was:D
    but Blanche was a very likeable character Silvia is being nasty to Roy and Hayley and a lot of people like Roy & Hayley so Silvia needs to warm a bit or we wont like her :)

casio4 wrote: »
    but Blanche was a very likeable character Silvia is being nasty to Roy and Hayley and a lot of people like Roy & Hayley so Silvia needs to warm a bit or we wont like her :)

I am sure she will, the writers I am sure will change that,but she is a good actress though.

yeah i like her she was good in Doc Martin with Martin Clunes

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Blanche could have been nasty as well. Her own family took no notice of her, but god knows what they others thought the night of Peter's AA meeting.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Blanche could have been nasty as well. Her own family took no notice of her, but god knows what they others thought the night of Peter's AA meeting.
    that was just brilliant the episode with the AA meeting:D Blanche was class :cool:

that was just brilliant the episode with the AA meeting:D Blanche was class :cool:

In time, i think Silvia will be just as much of a hit. Even said it here that they should make here and Blanche long lost sisters or half sisters. They both have the sharp tongue,.

'Is it any wonder I drink??' :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Fiz going to jail will be like when Deirdre went to jail, people will begin to campaign.... to keep Fiz in jail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

If they got a real transexual to play Hayley, you'd know it straight away ;)

No, you wouldn't.

lizt wrote: »
    Fiz going to jail will be like when Deirdre went to jail, people will begin to campaign.... to keep Fiz in jail!

There was a bit in the paper today about how when she's inside
    her cellmate ODs and she uncovers a drugs ring and she wants to out them but yer one who is sneaking in the drugs IN HER BABY says her BF and his friends will beat her sneseless if things go wrong in there. Becky encourages Fiz to say nothing because if she doesn't keep her mouth shut someone will do it for her!

I remember her in Tenko.

I'm feeling old and I'm not even 40 yet :D

Links234 wrote: »
    No, you wouldn't.

I beg to differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, thats right
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    There was a bit in the paper today about how when she's inside
    her cellmate ODs and she uncovers a drugs ring and she wants to out them but yer one who is sneaking in the drugs IN HER BABY says her BF and his friends will beat her sneseless if things go wrong in there. Becky encourages Fiz to say nothing because if she doesn't keep her mouth shut someone will do it for her!

Dear oh dear oh dear:rolleyes:.................................................................Its not prisoner cell block H:p is it?

jimmyw wrote: »
    Dear oh dear oh dear:rolleyes:.................................................................Its not prisoner cell block H:p is it?

Sorry Jimmy, I was born in 1992. I've heard of this but I have absolutly no understanding of your cultural reference :P

I read some place that the actress that plays Fizz has Kerry blood in her. Enda Kenny or one of the Healy-Rae's should get in before David Cameron gets the chance to start any campaign this time around.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Blanche wasn't exactly a big fan of Roy and Hayley either, especially when Tracey was going to let them raise Amy/Patience. She had some choice quotes about them; "He's a looney and she's a man" and she once said to Hayley; "I don't care what you call yourself, I've never trusted a man who wears woman's underwear. And he (Roy) looks like he should be crayoning summat."

Links234 wrote: »

Not every transexual looks like Janet Mock :rolleyes:

Not every transexual looks like Janet Mock :rolleyes:

And not everyone looks like a man :rolleyes:

And not everyone looks like a man :rolleyes:

So why didn't they get a REAL transexual to play the part of Hayley in Coronation Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

According to RTE
    Stella is Leanne's biological mother
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So why didn't they get a REAL transexual to play the part of Hayley in Coronation Street?

Lisa Murphy was unavailable at the time :p

• Advertisement

I don't know.... I'm not a casting director.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement