Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wu-Tang Irish Dates announced

• 03-06-2011 9:26am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yes, you heard it right. Wu Tang Clan are to perform for 2 nights in Ireland; first stop is Savoy Theatre on June 30th, followed by Tripod, Dublin on July 1st.
    Tickets for this event go on sale Friday June 3rd at 9am and are sure to sell out fast. This could be your one chance to see Ghostface Killah, Raekwon, Method Man and the rest of the crew live on stage.
    Tickets are priced at €32.60.

wutangclan-300x300.jpg

Not sure if it will be all of them, RZA is busy wrapping up his Iron Fist movie but the while clan is suppesed to be touring.

Clan in da front

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 HisGreatness

Wu is coming through at a theater near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Could be very good, or it could be another half-arsed, late on stage extended DJ set.

Btw I wonder how many original Clan members will show up for this? (I'm obvious not the real Raekwon so please don't PM me asking for details :pac:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i just hope they leave thier gunshot samples at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 HisGreatness

Around what time will Wu come on? According to ticketmaster the event starts at 8PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Ahh im going to be away for this, typical! Should be a good gig..
    Around what time will Wu come on? According to ticketmaster the event starts at 8PM.
    Iim guessing Wu will come on around 9.15-9.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im there, fast looking to be a great summer for hip hop in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

is the dublin gig sold out? its not coming up in ticketmaster, only the cork one:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Still love their music and if you told me this a few years ago I'd be there, but middleaged rich men rapping about gangster **** and five percenter knowledge is corny at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Vue

Can't wait for this! But just read on wu-corp that inspectah deck and the chef will be joining rza in not being there! That's cat, was really looking forward to seeing the rebel!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

Vue wrote: »
    Can't wait for this! But just read on wu-corp that inspectah deck and the chef will be joining rza in not being there! That's cat, was really looking forward to seeing the rebel!
    So who all will be there? Everyone except the RZA?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2011/06/08/wu-tang-clan-update/

The Dublin date has been cancelled, I'm afraid.
    *Stolen from Jeff Lebowski in Gigs & Events

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cork one is still on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Dublin gig is back on, July 1st.

http://www.pod.ie/index_r.php?show_event=2696

Hip hop supergroup WU TANG CLAN are confirmed to include a Dublin show in their short run of European tour dates this summer.

The rap legends will play Dublin's TRIPOD on Friday 1st July as part of their Rebirth Tour, featuring the 8 surviving Clan members, together on stage for the first time since 2007.

I wonder how many will really show

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, I want to buy a Cork ticket but I would love to know who is gonna show 1st. Any concrete info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wonder how many will really show

RZA's not on the rest of the tour, as far as I know, so I'd be surprised if he showed. As for the rest, I'll believe it when they arrive on stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Wu-Tang played Glastonbury yesterday, Raekwon was missing for some reason. Check out video of there entire set below.

http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/170029-watch-wu-tang-clan-glastonbury-set-video

[FONT=Helvetica, serif][/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

After watching that video of them at Glastonbury I think I might head up to see them.

Meth was class in it. Without him I reckon the set would have died a slow death.

Hope they all come to the Dublin one now and don't **** around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 barrybo

All but RZA and Raekwon showed up in Cork last night. went on at 10.45 played till 12. Method man ran the show really hyped up the crowd the whole gig. jumped into the crowd three times which was pretty class he even stood up in the crowd like with people holding his feet above their heads. Sound guy was terrible. local lad totally ****ed up to the point where Meth led chorus' of **** the soundman. They were good to be fair would have been excellent if the sound guy hadnt done such a poor job tho! mics were interfering with speakers for the first 3 or so songs you couldnt really hear the first few properly at all. then Meth's mic nearly lost all volume n he went nuts!

This happened at oxegen too. :confused:

• Advertisement

Who was supporting last night? Was it local acts or have they got someone touring with them and if so, was it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 barrybo

No one supporting them last night just Red fm dj Stevie G playing rap music for like 3 hours!!

That was amazing. Would have been nothing without Meth, though.

a48r2h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'm kicking myself for not going. Was hoping reports would come back that it was crap just so I'd feel better about missing it.

Meth ran the show!!

Was a bit short though??

Would have loved it to go all night, but a little over an hour is standard enough for a hip-hop show.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mrblondecutsear

What a night!!!! I had an absolutely great time!!!

Makaveli wrote: »
    I'm kicking myself for not going. Was hoping reports would come back that it was crap just so I'd feel better about missing it.
    Same here, got really positive feedback from the lads that went....i'm just going to keep telling myself that its better waiting to see them with a full line up.

Advertisement