Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud or quite (when not in a sneaking role)

Options
  • 15-06-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

How do you like your AEG's if your not hiding/stalking.
    My G&G F2000 is lovely and quite but my SA58 is really loud.

If I'm playing a game in a forest and walking slowly and trying to gain ground I want something quite so if you hit someone unaware they wont know where you are.

But when playing where its CQB'ish hiding behind pallets and running about (or since I'm lazy walking slightly faster) where everyone can see your movements I like to have the AEG lovely and Loud! once or twice I was all out of ammo and dry firing or had an issue with a stuck magazine to my absolute delight while pointing the AEG that was not firing anything at people they kept their heads down under cover and did not move!

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Really depends on my mood - but usually quiet so I can hear the abuse being shouted at me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Looooooooouuuuuuuud! The way I see it, no matter how hard you try, the enemy is probably going to hear you as soon as you fire. So, you might as well put the fear of God in them while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I've never minded whether the gun was loud or quiet...as long as it doesn't have that horribly long wind-up. Snappy trigger response, and I'm happy. So yeah...for me it's more about duration of noise than decibels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Quiet. I've gone to great lengths trying things that'll quieten down an AEG. Most are utter tosh. I've tried everything from helical gears and noise proofing material around the gearbox (both pointless), to Madbull silencers and ceramic bearings (both very effective).
    I've even run my M249 with midcap mags and a HALO silencer (oddly effective...).

Generally, I've found bullpups are almost universally quieter than carbines. I'm putting it down to a combination of the position of the gearbox within the body itself and it's relation to the largest opening on any gun - the magazine well.

A few mods to my P90 has made it into a remarkably quiet gun, that's incredibly accurate and has a horrendous rate of fire. On semi-auto, it's the quietest gun I have by far, including my L96 and Barrett. On full-auto, it's obviously a little louder, but still massively quiet by comparison to most guns on the field. (Shame I broke the mag catch and can't use the blasted thing anymore.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Louder is best in my opinion, for the simple reason that when I'm firing bursts down a corridor at someone, I want them to think there's a wall of BB's flying at them, even if it's only 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I don't honestly mind... standard AEG noise is enough, its firing toy guns... Plus, i like my hearing :P some of those aeg loudener flashhiders can amplify dangerous frequencies within the sound... things like 3015hz... i dont like that one.

I tend to use silencers where possible on certain rifles, the sound deadening qualities don't silence classically... but they do create enough disturbance and reverberation within the sound to make locating the direction of a muzzle report accurately rather difficult.

To me, not getting spotted, assault or sneaky, is key to not getting shot back :P

Most, I admitedly don't bother... enough regular noise around to disguise it, otherwise, i just prefer to shoot them first :P Some guns would look daft with silencers... my xm16, my sa80, and my ak74n is already long enough as it is.
    For night games however, I fit a silencer to whatever im using... for the disruption factor I mentioned before. That loss of precision pinpointing is key when sound is the primary sense for location in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I think the reason I went through a phase of trying to quieten everything was simply that I knew it wasn't easy and it'd never actually be perfect. Chasing the impossible. Like trying to build a car that can do 0-60 in two seconds flat without making it feel like you've left your arse in the boot, your neck under your chair and the prow of your car in the middle of next week.

Generally speaking, I put a Madbull suppressor on most of what I use. The HALO is the best by far, but it only fits certain M4 flash hiders, and I'm not arsed putting those hiders onto a dozen rifles just to have options so it's usually on an LR300 or an M249. The Quicksilver usually stays on a P90, while a Talon is kitted into another project build M4 and a G5 adorns my M7 (my personal favourite of the range, gives the best of the HALO with a QD connection).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As a semi auto player I like to have a nice snappy sound from my rifle.

I dont actually have it on any of mine...but I want it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

bullets wrote: »
    You don't know me at all !!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Inari wrote: »
    So yeah...for me it's more about duration of noise than decibels :)
    On behalf of everyone, I have to say...

'Thats what she said'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Accurate. Reliable. Then quiet. Noise doesn't matter to me. At 10-30M you are pretty much going to get heard anyway. So although I prefer quiet, I don't mind noise. It's unavoidable in the kind of play I like to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭FlankWiz94

I personally prefer being quiet due to the fact i love being a sneaky **** :P but even when im not sneaking and assaulting i just like silencers. The look on the faces of people when i snipe them/ hit them with my silenced m4 is hilarious as they look around cluelessly in complete confusion :D that and i just like being the ghost on the playing field :P. Imo loud/quiet if you invest in a ghillie u barely need to think about the level of noise ur airsoft gun makes(quiet or loud ive used a ghillie with a loud aeg and players would react to the noise but after a minute or 2 scanning the area to find u, u just shoot them in the back)(if u wna be the quiet/sneaky/unseen kind of player) if u want to be loud then just go ahead (Christian Kelly) :P hah .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Well Bullets you know yourself what i'm like.

I play loud and i prefer the opposition to find me :D and then i go Rambo on them and anything that moves aaahahahahahahaha :pac:. Overkill is underrated is my motto to that. :D
    Also, i tend to offer to be the teams distraction while my team mates move in for the kill and complete objective :D.

The rare occasion i like to snipe whenever im in a calm paced mood. I actually like both styles equally....but something about letting loose a hail of bb's towards a small group of players with the M60 and then they run back a few paces for cover thats just so much fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭kevlarman1

bullets wrote: »
    My G&G F2000 is lovely and quite but my SA58 is really loud.

If I'm playing a game in a forest and walking slowly and trying to gain ground I want something quite so if you hit someone unaware they wont know where you are.

But when playing where its CQB'ish hiding behind pallets and running about (or since I'm lazy walking slightly faster) where everyone can see your movements I like to have the AEG lovely and Loud! once or twice I was all out of ammo and dry firing or had an issue with a stuck magazine to my absolute delight while pointing the AEG that was not firing anything at people they kept their heads down under cover and did not move!

~B

isn't being quiet sneaking?? hmmmm just sayen

Advertisement