Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Of course barbie girl. What a very worrying situation for anyone to be in. It's a normal response to be worried but always try to stay strong and that bean will be a little fighter for you both! Take each day as it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Just a quick stop by to say Happy Birthday to all the birthday mama's and I hope all the mums-to-be are feeling well and all babas are getting bigger and stronger. :)

Hope everyone else is well today also, just back to work after a lovely relaxing week off, should be ovulating in the next week or so and that's when the real 'work' starts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Temp rise today and negative ovulation test. Focking result!!:D Now for temps to keep climbing and the two week madness ahead (as if I weren't mad already).
    OH pulled it out of the bag last night (it was touch and go :o ) so my bases are covered. We are wrecked - in the last 12 days we had sex 10 times!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Happy Birthday Barbiegirl, how did I miss that earlier:confused:

I'll have everything crossed for you on Wednesday xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Temp rise today and negative ovulation test. Focking result!!:D Now for temps to keep climbing and the two week madness ahead (as if I weren't mad already).
    OH pulled it out of the bag last night (it was touch and go :o ) so my bases are covered. We are wrecked - in the last 12 days we had sex 10 times!:eek:

Hahahaha! Great effort!! No wonder he's struggling!!!! :D:D
    Enjoy the 'two week rest'!! :p

• Advertisement

Oh I'm loving no pressure sex....3 times yesterday:D:D

My hubby will be lucky to get any where near me any time soon.....so nervous and just cant be dealin with it, i know its not meant to be harmful but i just cant see how doin that can be comfortable or pleasant for the little one....give me a week or two and my perspective will be a whole lot different im sure :D:D

p.s lucyfur - 3 times!!:eek::D:eek:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We are wrecked - in the last 12 days we had sex 10 times!:eek:
    LAMO - can you even walk?? I'm picturing you and your OH walking around like cowboys. :pac:
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    Oh I'm loving no pressure sex....3 times yesterday:D:D

Off duty is great - ya get to do all the nice stuff you are not supposed to do when on duty. ;)

Nicky, you have to have 25 posts then a little 'thumbs' up icon will appear on the bottom right of everyones posts -you click on it to thank the post. Ya need to get your post count up - tell us a bit about yourself!*pulls up stool* :p

I got my period during the night, so my first Clomid tablet tonight. I am baking tonight as a consolation prize for himself while I turn into a witch for the next few days. I am still bemused that I am on a tablet to ovulate when i already ovulate, but meh, at this stage I'd drink eye of newt if it got my odds up a bit. I rang to get my day 10 scan and they were able to fit me in at 8.15am, so wont need an absence from work, therefore no questions asked. Handy!

Happy birthday to all the birthday girls - hope the men spoil ya. Barbiegirl, I pray that your scan went well and baba is well nestled in there.

No cowboy walking! lol :D

It's weird, for the last few days I knew OH was feigning under the pressure. So after a failed attempt yesterday morning before we got up I accosted him in the leaba late last night for a naughty shag. I think because he was sleepy and wasn't expecting it and it was a bit rough and ready (i.e. not planned) that it got him going :cool:
    ttc kills the passion, it really does. My OH has confessed may times that he fells lots of pressure to perform.

Lucyfur, right on, I doff my cap to you young lady, 3 times in one day, wowzers! :D:D:D

No cowboy walking! lol :D

It's weird, for the last few days I knew OH was feigning under the pressure. So after a failed attempt yesterday morning before we got up I accosted him in the leaba late last night for a naughty shag. I think because he was sleepy and wasn't expecting it and it was a bit rough and ready (i.e. not planned) that it got him going :cool:
    ttc kills the passion, it really does. My OH has confessed may times that he fells lots of pressure to perform.

Lucyfur, right on, I doff my cap to you young lady, 3 times in one day, wowzers! :D:D:D

The pressure is horrible and there is nothing worse than a crap shag and struggling to get across the finish line.

Good woman for jumping him:D TTC needs a serious amount of naughty effort. I have high hopes for you this month:D

• Advertisement

barbiegirl wrote: »

The doctor today thinks I shouldn't worry too much as the spotting is very light, but the cramping is a bit more of an issue. So we're into the Early Pregnancy Unit in the Coombe (it's like our 2nd home) on Wednesday morning. Here's hoping our little baba is ok, we are very worried no matter how much anyone tells us not to be.

All of us here have everything crossed for you and more, hope Weds morn goes well.

and happy birthday sweetie, ;)

The pressure is horrible and there is nothing worse than a crap shag and struggling to get across the finish line.

Good woman for jumping him:D TTC needs a serious amount of naughty effort. I have high hopes for you this month:D

ya, I've sort of lost hope to be honest, but nobody can say we didn't give it our best shot, that I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Oh happy birthday Tigeress and barbiegirl....wish hard when blowing out those candles :)

Lucyfur and DFT, I am in awe....who needs a gym when you have an OH who's willing and able!

I just figured that I possibly will be away at a hen when I ovulate this month so I told OH I'd find a stand-in down in cork to do the deed..:D

Was in Cath Kidston at the weekend and picked up a really cute bag which would be a cute baby bag.....(my little indulgence!);)

Cheers neytile.

So we have been tryingto conceive for a year now. Came off the pill (which I was kn for a good tn years) and then AF never arrived. Month after month nothing. Went to the gp who dd a whack of bloods- all normal and a ultrasound again normal and got referred to the rotunda. Have seen the consultant twice now. Thrus appointment next month. First appointment was told to loose weight and to get OH tested. So weight lost and other half had his semen analysis back I went. He started me k. A course of provera to bring on AF and then clomid 50mg from day 2-7. He didn't order scans but for a blood test on day 21. OH test result showed although sperm count is good the sperm motility was low so he had to have another test at the HARI unit which showed the same so thrus test is booked for the end ofthe month! He was devasted. His just 25 and said the HARI unit was so clinical and just gotto him. As for me my day 21 blood test level was extremely low so that's first cycle finished. did the deed as told and home OPK and nothing. So started to take the provera again today and here we go again. This time I'm due clomid 100mg.

So what is the next step fom here? Should I be having scans on the clomid?

OH was advised to take vitamins which he is but have been doing some research and not sure why else they can do for blokes without clinical help??

Like everyone says doesn't the pressure takes the fun out of it all. We found it so hard and it really got to other half!

Hope our bum Isn't too numb on that stool!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Happy birthday girlies! :)

A huge congrats to Dublinlady :D I know exactly how you're feeling Im on week 10 and its still hard to believe, you will still worry but try to enjoy it aswell. Heres to a healthy and happy 8mnths ahead x

Im taking the 'proverbial' at the moment to be honest , afraid to do anything at all strenuous, not lifting anything, hanging out on the couch a lot and only going for short 20/30mins strolls :o

Week 10+5 and doing anything to keep this little baba safe, Im already feeling my clothes alittle tight! Im actually feeling like people must be saying 'uh oh look whos eaten all the pies'!!! :rolleyes: haha! Bought a beautiful maxi dress today & cant wait to wear it :D (I never could before as I always hav a little belly n it would have made me look preggers when I wasnt!)

Lucyfur... You go girl!
    My poor hubby doesnt kno what hit him, I was all over him while ttc and now theres almost a restraining order! Poor fella, but im just too scared to do anything until the 2nd trimester :o

best wishes to everyone, hope you are all well

x

I GOT MY PERIOD :D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

YEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

One cycle down!!!

NEVER thought I'd be happy to have the witch!!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Nicky,
    I do remember reading on another forum (but cant remember which one- i will try and find it for you but it was ages ago) that a posters bloke got a bad result - his motility was low and he went on a strict health kick to improve it - 3 months later it was perfect. Like this guy went on a serious nutritional overhaul. Lots and lots of fresh fruit and veg, a variety of male supplements, no alcohol and so on. Sometimes it does not improve, but ya gotta give it a good shot huh? Have you asked over on the nutritional forum? some posters there would really know their stuff and might be able to recommend things to try.

I am getting a scan (or two/three) if needed while taking 50mg Clomid, as they have to monitor that they dont overstimulate you. Having said that, if the CD21 progesterone was low, it indicates that you didnt ovulate on 50mg so upping it to 100mg. If I dont respond to 50mg (which I should cos I ov anyway) then my consultant will up me to 100mg too - seems to be standard practice so.

The pressure to perform can be a bit nerve wracking at times, especially if you are a bit knackered from work or feeling a bit meh. Sometimes its better to call a halt to proceedings and tell him you will have a morning quickie instead, that way you are both rested, and he has morning wood as a headstart. Or, you can have a 'siesta' when you come in from work, before dinner when you have a bit more energy. I find either of those work if we are too wrecked at bedtime for nookie.;)

YEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

One cycle down!!!

NEVER thought I'd be happy to have the witch!!!

Snap! Blood Brothers Sistas? Too much? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Neyite wrote: »
    Snap! Blood Brothers Sistas? Too much? :P

And snap again......maybe we're all syncing up???;)

Nicky, my OH takes zinc and a good all round multi vitamin:) Zinc is good for sperm quality. It can sometimes lower iron levels after long term use so just keep an eye for tiredness, dark circles under the eyes, if that happens, just get him to take spatone sachets in a glass of OJ:)

He doesn't drink or smoke which is a huge bonus.

• Advertisement

YAY....sistas!!!

It's 32 days since the surgery, I'm delighted!! I was having horrors about my period never coming and having to get loads of cats:p

Not too crampy. Yet. I'm expecting this to be horrible but hopefully not. I bled so much after the surgery that hopefully it won't be too bad:)

No wonder! I bet that trio sex session got things started in there! :D

No wonder! I bet that trio sex session got things started in there! :D

I did so much googling to see if there was a natural way to bring it on...kept getting parsley, and putting sprigs of parsley up your hoojaa...I don't freaking think so...so anyway, this claimed to contract your uterus...shur isn't that what orgasm does and it's much more pleasurable than parsley:)

It worked!!:D

OT: anyone giving Come Dine With Me Ireland a go? The sarcastic narrator is hilarious! The contestants are a bit cringey though!

I'm recording it cos I missed the start. Last week was hilarious:D

Lucyfur, OH is taking wellman conception and also after googling he is now taking zinc. He is quite active also and doesn't smoke and wouldn't drink everyweek which is also good. Willing to try anything to improve it to be honest. Repeat isn't until end of month as he is not gonna drink until then to see if that makes a diff.

Niytile- thanks for the advice. Yep didn't ovulate so hopefully the 100mg will help- maybe that's why he wasn't doin scans but then again that wasn't even suggested. Will ask when I go back but to be homer he was quite stand offish last time which upset me a bit! When I run the midwife at the clinic or my resut she said he should of called me and sounded quite worried! I wonder how long I can keep going without ovulating and if this still doesn't work what will be the next step?? Although we have been trying for a year now does that time even count when I haven't even ovulated??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thanks for the bday wishes ladies :) had a good day! Barbiegirl do we share a bday? Hehe happy birthday :)

DFT I love Cone Dine With Me and the Irish Contestants are very cringe!!!! The only thing I don't like is the 30 min episodes to get more air time >:| just do an hour show!! Lol

Hope i find you well on this lovely summers day x

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Lucyfur, OH is taking wellman conception and also after googling he is now taking zinc. He is quite active also and doesn't smoke and wouldn't drink everyweek which is also good. Willing to try anything to improve it to be honest. Repeat isn't until end of month as he is not gonna drink until then to see if that makes a diff.

Niytile- thanks for the advice. Yep didn't ovulate so hopefully the 100mg will help- maybe that's why he wasn't doin scans but then again that wasn't even suggested. Will ask when I go back but to be homer he was quite stand offish last time which upset me a bit! When I run the midwife at the clinic or my resut she said he should of called me and sounded quite worried! I wonder how long I can keep going without ovulating and if this still doesn't work what will be the next step?? Although we have been trying for a year now does that time even count when I haven't even ovulated??

Get him to do lots of fruit and veggies also, should help him out. If you are not happy with your consultant, then let them know - you are paying a bloody fortune to these guys for a service, the least they could do is be polite. I reckon if the 100mg does not work they can up your dosage to a max of 250mg. There can be clomid combined with IUI if thats the case. Failing that, then it might be onto injections or IVF/ISCI.

So we are clomid buddies too! \o/

Yep clomid buddies too! :-)

• Advertisement

Actually I forgot to say this and it might be some use to some of you if ya haven't tried it... Since day 14 of this month I have been taking quarter of a disprin regular strength every day, I.e aspirin 75mg , as the tablets are 300mg. This low dose is meant to thin your blood a little and i read somewhere this helps with implantation and blood supply to the blastocyst. I think this has definitely helped me, however my problem is now I don't know when to stop taking it as the higher dose anyway is not recommended in pregnancy.... Confused.com! :o
    I'm just glad it worked tho... But don't know the correct thing to do now and don't really want to ask doctor as I started it by my own accord to begin with!!:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement