Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Bouncers

Options
  • 24-01-2003 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Personally I'm from Waterford myself , but I tend to find the Bouncers at the doors of some place overly strict i know they have a job to do, and they have to put up with a lot of crap from people being refused abusing them compared to places in Wexford/Kilkenny/Carlow. But i find places outside the city to be a lot more "relaxed" (ie not interrogating everyone but at the same time not leaving in the teeny boppers )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I`ve seen worse , I dont get half the amount of hassle about ID in waterford as i do up in Carrick, where the bouncers are just rude , smug shi*s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

When i went to the Junction or "club laaa" [to some] the bouncers were accepting the WIT card which is very uncommon as most places demand more "offical" ID.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

well if you want to see hassle, just spend a few nights out on the town in Dublin...

You get some of the most ignorant **** and biggest excuses for human beings that are bouncers..

They have huge chips on their shoulders, are on a major power trip and most of them still have to grasp the whole concept of using the english language to communicate instead of grunts...

I never really had problems with bouncers except in Club LA or whatever its called now, and from what ive heard the bouncers there were mild compared to the guys who used to own that place...

So to be honest I wouldnt really complain about the bouncers in waterford, most are dead sound and very easy going...

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

i disagree...i lived in dublin for six months and was out the whole time.....I go to college in waterford....the bouncers in waterford are far far worse than dublin in my experiences....especially the jokes on the door of merlins....or anyone of the pikewood security idiots for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

I spent about 2 years in college in waterford, now based in Dublin, and have to say that generaly the bouncers in waterford were grand (especialy compared to dublin ones), Merlins was propably the one excepton. The junction and roxy were fine though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i think the bouncers are grand in waterford!!! i been to merlins a few times and there was no hassle!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

The Merlins bouncers seem to pick people at random to give them a hard time which isn't really doing their job. Otherwise, the Waterford bouncers seem to be fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

the merlins bouncers are a more developed scumbag than the rest......they make more trouble for themselves by stopping people...than they ever would by leaving them in.

Advertisement