Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

gigino wrote: »

Do you think the image of O'Connell street with its sex shop / junkies / beggars etc is a great image of our main street of our capital city, and one Bord Failte should use in advertising more ?

I don't see that whenever I'm home. Maybe I'm not looking as hard for bad things like yerself? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

Your beloved Queen has left. Now, please let this thread die.

Your beloved Queen has left. Now, please let this thread die.

She's not my beloved anything. But I do have a wee bit more respect for herself, following the visit.

You can always unsubscribe to the thread if it ails you, so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

She's not my beloved anything either. But I do have respect for her. I probably would'nt go out of my way to see her though, but then I would not do that for any head of state. None of them put food on my plate.

As said above, people can always unsubscribe to the thread if it ails them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 groveman60

I watched Olivia O'Leary's speech and found it totally cringeworthy. She spoke about the queen as if it was behind her back. Her reference to the royal couple as the petite woman and tall man are personal remarks that are inappropriate and out of order. She should have known better. Olivia O'Leary was not going to be a 'safe pair of hands' to contribute this unnecessary speech. There should have been someone in authority to check over what she was going to come out with. And I don't mean Gay Burne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

went to my local earlier had to leave couldnt move in the place with all the brits and yanks waving their sterling and dollars about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Gigino, it would be well worth remembering the UK has it's problems too
    The economy is in dire trouble, the country seems to have a disproportionate amount of bigots and imgrint haters, the media is ****ty, hates the EU and there is about one good paper
    Scotland may leave even lol (ok dramatization ...)

I'm not saying we wouldn't have been better off in the long run in the UK ... but I wouldn't want to reunite particularly

Gigino, it would be well worth remembering the UK has it's problems too

I know that. Most countries have lots of problems. I'm staying in Ireland anyway. Many of us are emigrating ( usually to UK or commonwealth countries like Australia, New Zealand or Canada ....jasus many of us paddies must want to live under the queen again ). Even the American economy is borrowing vast amounts of money. Economically the countries which are lending the rest of the world money ( China + the oil states ) are themselves not very nice countries to live in, for quality of life.

went to my local earlier had to leave couldnt move in the place with all the brits and yanks waving their sterling and dollars about

you almost had me till I saw the location tag :pac:

you almost had me till I saw the location tag :pac:
    talking about tracing roots, I see Obama after his 10 hour visit here has gone over to the UK, and has told the people there his mothers people were British !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Opelfruit

talking about tracing roots, I see Obama after his 10 hour visit here has gone over to the UK, and has told the people there his mothers people were British !
    Christ almighty, you're tedious!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Has he mentioned that the British beat the crap out of his Grandfather in Kenya yet?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Has he mentioned that the British beat the crap out of his Grandfather in Kenya yet?:confused:
    yes its also a keen member of the commonwealth

ejmaztec wrote: »
    On the contrary, Obama's praise of the British is second to none, and he is claiming British ancestory too :
    http://obama-speech.org/transcript.php?obama_speech_id=5142

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Opelfruit

On the contrary, Obama's praise of the British is second to none, and he is claiming British ancestory too :
    http://obama-speech.org/transcript.php?obama_speech_id=5142

Why do you guys feel so insulted by his every action then?

Obama's top 10 insults against Britain.

Obama's top 10 insults against Britain - 2011 edition.

Looks like a certain POTUS isn't giving someone enough attention.

Opelfruit wrote: »
    Why do you guys feel so insulted by his every action then?

Obama's top 10 insults against Britain.
    the Torygraph
    An actual good reason to dislike Britain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For the love of Christ someone lock this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

the Torygraph

Why? Proper conservative newspaper.

While the mail is known to be sensationalist at times (sells copies though, so why would they change?) the Telegraph is a very good and well respected paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

the Torygraph

Do you dislike Ireland for producing the Sunday Independent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

orourkeda wrote: »
    only suitable as toilet paper

• Advertisement

orourkeda wrote: »
    yes. lol
    Why? Proper conservative newspaper.

While the mail is known to be sensationalist at times (sells copies though, so why would they change?) the Telegraph is a very good and well respected paper.

look at it, full of sensationalism, anti yoorup sentiment based on bull, hate for any party other than the Tories
    I'm not talking about the Sun, but a broadsheet ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

look at it, full of sensationalism, anti yoorup sentiment based on bull, hate for any party other than the Tories
    I'm not talking about the Sun, but a broadsheet ffs

It has a very good crossword though.

the Torygraph

Or maybe just dislike tories, instead? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Obama didn't endear himself to the British right from the off when, as soon as he became President, he removed the bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office. It was a gift from Britain to America in the wake of 9/11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭zephyrz

Smell of Inbred around here

Batsy wrote: »
    Obama didn't endear himself to the British right from the off when, as soon as he became President, he removed the bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office. It was a gift from Britain to America in the wake of 9/11.
    you cant please everyone when interior decorating...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

What pub in Offaly accepts Sterling and Dollars?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

galwayrush wrote: »
    What pub in Offaly accepts Sterling and Dollars?:pac:

The Trading Post on the county border - they cut out the pictures on them and use them as wards against Flu. It also accepts beads, mirrors and geegaws. I'm given to understand that a pound of beads is worth two shrunken heads these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

zephyrz wrote: »
    Smell of Inbred around here
    Maybe your nose is too close to your mouth.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Batsy wrote: »

What a crap gift

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement