Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That was a fierce commute

Options
  • 23-05-2011 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get caught in that sh1t storm :(
    Visibility was horrendous, and the foggy visor didn't help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

aye, that feckin gale was something :( wheelie bins, and garda parking cones all over the place...

'man this couldnt get much wor-' and it starts bucketing rain

poxy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I've got a car for days like today... Shameful but at least I don't have to endure that poxy weather! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I've got a car for days like today... Shameful but at least I don't have to endure that poxy weather! :mad:

My car's broked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm actually glad I cycled to work today but it wasn't nice! I don't think I'd have enjoyed it on the motorbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

I was out in the same weather on saturday. Was bloody horrible!
    Gales were hitting me from both sides, a few times my front wheel went a bit wobbly from it, i near shat myself a few times tbh! Twice i could of sworn i was about to hit the deck BUT then a gale hit from the side i though i was going down on and pushed me back up! Freaky stuff though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

+1 to everything said above. Miserable commute in today, not helped by road at Christchurch being closed off either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

always use the car for days like this, no control on the M50. It's like surfing without the waves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

Yep - got caught out myself as the traffic down to Chapelizod was fecking awful, thanks to the park being closed again.

Unfortunately the bike gear is a little old so it felt like a hose pipe had been inserted into my pants on full flow. Had to take the jeans off at work (in the gents, of course :D) and put them under the hand dryer for 10 minutes! Looked like I'd wet meself...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Yep, it was bad this morning down M1 too, but for some reason it was worse yesterday morning for me - my neck was f*cked from the wind catching my helmet and showing my head side the side, and it was cold too. Spend all Sunday recovering from the ride, and what do I get today, more wind..!! It was challenging keeping the bike upright, but what was really scary was to see the bike ahead on M1 catching the wind..!

I've two hours riding training this evening - is it still windy out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Yep, I can still see the trees blowing down on Burgh Quay.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭gipi

It's blowing a gale up here at the mo, Positron!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

cr*p cr*p cr*p, here I was thinking it's all nice and serene as the sky looks so bright and blue thru the window (can't see ground or trees). Ah well, might as be proactive and buy a neck brace for tonight & rest of the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Agreed it was a bit hairy, wish I had my old harley back, it stuck to the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Cool just noticed my 1000th post, only took 8 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I was attacked by a wheelie bin. Other than that, the diversions were the only annoying part to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

As I drove to work this morning, I was wondering why 3 branches were lying on the road. By then it was fairly decent out, and I hadn't known about the strong gales last night.

Coming home was fun on Snugborough road in Blanchardstown (D15). There's wide opens field to the left, so the wind picks up some speed.

Advertisement