Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown (13 May 2011) - Spoilers and Results

Options
  • 11-05-2011 9:31am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Source: PWInsider.com

WWE Smackdown:

*Christian comes out and congratulates Randy Orton on winning the World title last week. He says he is looking forward to his rematch at Over the Limit. Sheamus, then Mark Henry come out and challenge Christian for his title shot. They work over Christian. Orton makes the save, setting up a tag match for later this evening.

*Sin Cara defeated Daniel Bryan. Chavo Guerrero, on commentary, distracted Bryan, setting up the win. When Cara sees what Chavo did on the Titantron, he shoves Guerrero down.

*Cody Rhodes pinned Ted DiBiase.

*Layla cut a promo saying she hurt her knee against Michelle McCool at Extreme Rules but that it was worth it, since she is gone from WWE. Michael Cole comes out and begins berating her. Kharma comes to the ring and lays out Layla, then goes after Cole, who hides in the Cole Mine.

*WWE Tag Team champion Kane defeated WWE Intercontinental champion Wade Barrett by DQ when the Corre interfered. Ezekiel Jackson hit the ring but the Corre laid him out.

*The Great Khali does the Khali Kiss Cam and kisses a fan. Jinder Mahal comes out and smacks Khali for not taking his career seriously.

*Backstage, Wade Barrett challenges Ezekiel Jackson to an Intercontinental championship bout at Over the Limit.

*World champ Randy Orton & Christian defeated Sheamus & Mark Henry when Christian nailed the Killswitch on Sheamus as Orton hit Henry with the RKO.

Dark Match:

Ezekiel Jackson & Christian & World champ Randy Orton defeated The Corre. Wade Barrett and Justin Gabriel abandoned Heath Slater as he was getting pinned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was expecting a heel turn by Orton or Christian maybe at Over The Limits if their match happens

Bryan V Sin Cara should be good

I wish they'd put the IC belt on Code or Bryan instead of Wade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Wait, when did Ezekial fininsh up woth the Corre :eek:?
    And why would Wade Barrett challenege him to a title match when he is the champ :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Danielson jobbed out again ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Little mini-push for Sheamus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wait, when did Ezekial fininsh up woth the Corre :eek:?
    And why would Wade Barrett challenege him to a title match when he is the champ :confused:

Its was teased since extreme rules & happened on Smackdown last week in a weak beatdown. Bryan is going nowhere at the moment he's just a jobber for the stars. I'm not saying his job is at risk but he's lost a lot of momentum this year thanks to idiotic booking(his feud with Punk never happened,he got bumpted from the Mania card & I doubt a heel turn is coming wwe has damn all faces as it is).

• Advertisement

Bryan should be feuding with Barrett for the IC title, they have history and Barrett needs a decent singles feud imo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Barrett needs a decent singles feud imo

Damn sure ain't going to get that with Jackson vs Barrett.

I was hoping at some stage we see a Punk/Bryan feud or Punk/Barrett feud both were kinda teased shame Punk wasnt drafted to SD :(

Intrigued by the Chavo/Sin Cara thing.

Why were the lights all dark for his match against Tyson kidd last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Danielson jobbed out again ffs!
    Big difference between jobbing and losing a match, let's wait until we actually see the match before proclamming the j word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Big difference between jobbing and losing a match, let's wait until we actually see the match before proclamming the j word.

Agreed. Besides, the spoiler says Chavo distracted Bryan to help Sin Cara win. Surely if anything, that makes Sin Cara look weaker than Bryan

But it doesn't even make sense to have two faces (Cara and Bryan) facing each other for no reason,Bryan lost last week in his 1st appearance on SD! to Sheamus and this week he loses again to Cara,senseless booking for someone as talented as Danielson imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like the idea of Cara vs Bryan to be honest. Has potential to be an awesome match. Not happy with the result but then I'm slowly resigning myself to the fact Bryan will never get a decent angle again....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

But it doesn't even make sense to have two faces (Cara and Bryan) facing each other for no reason,Bryan lost last week in his 1st appearance on SD! to Sheamus and this week he loses again to Cara,senseless booking for someone as talented as Danielson imo.
    Two faces wrestle to find out who the better man is and put on a good match, simples.

Sheamus beating Bryan makes sense also from a size and history background, plus both men looked great from it. Far from jobbing.

Yeah but it's not even ''two faces wrestle to find out who's best'' he's being used as a set up guy in the Cara/Chavo feud,basically as a glorified jobber,ie Tyson Kidd territory.Had no problem with Sheamo beating Bryan last week because at least there was a bit of back story to that.

WWE makes no sense sometimes,no talent muscle guys like Ezekiel Jackson get a push and a guy like Danielson gets treated like crap for having the audacity to have been popular before he entered the ''WWE Universe''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I hate this bollox as well, just hurry up and turn one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Decent smackdown this week IMO. I recommend a viewing.
    Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Intrigued by the Chavo/Sin Cara thing.

Why were the lights all dark for his match against Tyson kidd last week?

Seems to be part of his gimmick.

So this is not Sin Cara in the ring right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

Who else would love to Kharma squash Michael Cole?

Sick of these Kharma things, this was the worst yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sin Cara/Bryan was just incredible for a TV match on SD. I really want a Bryan/Cara feud after that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Slater slightly goaded him into defending the title, Barrett was just making the challenge for a match. Usual half-truth spoiler results.

Sin Cara/Bryan was just incredible for a TV match on SD. I really want a Bryan/Cara feud after that

Good match but them two for 20 minutes would be truly incredible,its the 1st time I seen what the fuss was about Sin Cara.The match was well paced but Chavo's run in and crappy commentary annoyed me(You want to see Bryan vs Cara after that not Chavo vs Cara).Speaking of bad commentary I had to laugh when Booker said right there two times in a row during the limp main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

WWE makes no sense sometimes,no talent muscle guys like Ezekiel Jackson get a push and a guy like Danielson gets treated like crap for having the audacity to have been popular before he entered the ''WWE Universe''.

everyone can't get a push at the same time, bryan had held the us belt and has wrestled on a number of ppvs, was involved in the biggest storyline of last year, got alot of exposure on nxt season 1, played a big role in the main-event of summerslam 2010

has jackson even had a ppv match yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

The Corre ting is a dud imho. they ruined barret after the hole nexus ting. decent SD! tho. Lookin interestin with Chavo & Sin cara

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Has jackson even had a ppv match yet??

Christian produced a Herculean effort to somehow pull a good match out of the overmuscular dud.This happened at a Rumble ppv about 18 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

GTR63 wrote: »
    Christian produced a Herculean effort to somehow pull a good match out of the overmuscular dud.This happened at a Rumble ppv about 18 months ago.

That was actually the match that fully proved to me he can carry a World title, he was a miracle worker there.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Is DiBiase a face now? I didn't see the show, would be interesting though. He needs something to give his career a kick in the right direction, he seems like a natural heel, but they might as well try it. Not as if he's doing anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

For anyone that missed it. Awesome TV match.

Imagine this a couple of years down the road at Mania :eek: Sin Cara vs Heel Danielson for the rights to the greatest wrestler in the world right now :cool:

Not a fan of having the lights turned down for Sin Cara's matches. I think it's cool that he's not talking. Reminds me of when Kane first debuted. Liking the idea of putting him with Chavo. Be interesting to see where this leads too.

• Advertisement

They should just end the Corre stable completely and put Barrett in a decent singles feud with someone like Bryan for the IC title

Advertisement