Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Various new Ultegra 10sp Components 50 to 34 and 11 to 28

Options
  • 30-01-2011 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Folks,
    I've got some second hand parts for sale pending receipt of a good offer. The reason for sale is me thinking that I might do better to swap away from Ultegra shifting method to something a little more (in my humbe opinion) ergonomically and functionally suitable (i.e. either SRAM or Campagnolo...)

The age of the components is less than 2 months as of writing this.
    They were part of a new KTM Strada 3000 that I purchased during December.

The bike and components have less than 50 miles up on so far. Just a few short spins and I've been setting the bike up, e.g. saddle height etc.

The condition I think is excellent. Parts and bike have not been crashed. Some of the plastic covering over labels etc. is still in place.

The components for sale will be the following

1. Front and Rear Derailleurs
    2. Left and Right Hand Shifters/Brake Levers
    3. Gear cables associated to the above.

I might if pushed be willing to sell the bottom bracket with crankset and the front and rear brakset but I don't think so.

Also if I think of going the SRAM route then I think that I would be keeping the cassette.

But for those who wish to know the Cassette is an 11-28
    and the chainset is 172.5mm with 50/34 chainrings compact double.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

How much you looking for groupset minus brakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

Sorry guys and thanks to all who have PMed me about this but I'm going to withdraw the Ultegra components from sale cause of personal reasons (basically financial and lack of proper motivation within me right now to change the components over to Campagnolo or SRAM).

Thanks again to everyone who looked and communicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DubLx

Looking into getting a KTM Strada 1000 myself.
    How do you find the geometry on the Strada bikes? I'm 5.10 so I think i should go with the 55cm size frame.
    I tried it this weekend and it felt pretty good (also tried Corratec Dolomiti & Specialized Allez Sport).. I have zero experience riding road bikes. The Corrated top tube seemed a bit too long. The Specialized felt ok but components not as good as KTM or Corratec.

Any feedback is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

In regard to the Geometry of the KTM, so far so good.

I think so far that I've only done about 300 miles or so if even that. I've been more concentrating on doing Stronglifts 5x5 over the past few weeks than much cycling.

What I do like is that the ride is generally efficient and not too harsh.

The fit of the 57cm frame is good for me at 183cm height. There's another thread where I was asking people about the frame height.
    While the frame height of 57cm is good it isn't exactly perfect either.
    I changed the handlebars (twice actually) and I have to say that handelbar manufacturers need to get their act togeteher when it comes to a proper standard of describing and measuring handlbar widths. I ordered a 44cm that really only measured barely bigger than the 42 that was fitted and so sent that back and got a bigger 46cm size that really by my measurment is just a 44 or so!

My next change will be to play about further with the stem, by flipping it down again but by lifting up the stem using the spacers to see if this helps out with the positions. I think that this will help and if not then I may invest in one of those massively heavy but super adjustable stems or else to take a chance on a slightly longer (i.e. 12cm stem with a more severe angle so that I get a further range of choices to see what happens with that.....

Overall, good fit, good ridability, good feel,

I'd say that the Stratos with the 105 is probably the optimum value point having the 10sp 105 tramsmission. I went for the Ultegra (because it was Ultegra and because it had the Mavic wheels).

So far also the bike has been reliable but I've not done much mileage and generally I've treated it gently aside from perhaps hitting a few too many potholes on a trip down the Gap of Dunloerolleyes.gif

Ces't la vie.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The sub-forum is for selling/buying and not general discussion (which can be done in the main forum)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement