Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any brands you don't buy on principle?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

khmk wrote: »
    you have a different opinion so im on a wind up?

ok.

google it.

So it's just your opinion that they blame Chelsea? I thought it must have been a fact, judging by how forcefully you told us. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Belkin, never again.

Sun apology

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/do-you-accept-the-hillsborough-apology

As for the "friendship mosaic"

i just posted links.

Trollworthy yourself my deluded friend.

Right. I said "proper" apology, if you read my post. Half of that so called apology is about Wayne Rooney, and it took them 15 years even to do that. They print sensationalist lies on a regular basis, so what exactly would make you believe that they actually regret what they did?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

If your still bitter about an article from The Sun 20 years ago (who have issued an apology btw) imagine how the Juve feel about the disaster which liverpool fans caused killing 39 of their own and have never taken responsibility never mind an apology.

It smacks of self pitiying delusions from liverpool as per usual.

You really don't have a clue. Grow up, get yourself some friends and stop trying to support a football club you have nothing to do with.

K-9 wrote: »
    The odd Liverpool fan might have, don't tar with one brush, leads to all sort of stupidity and tribalism in football.

The odd fan may sing about Hillsborough or Heysel, every club has their morons, I don't take it on a clubs supporters.

"The odd fan" - wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

The odd Liverpool fan might have, don't tar with one brush, leads to all sort of stupidity and tribalism in football.

The odd fan may sing about Hillsborough or Heysel, every club has their morons, I don't take it on a clubs supporters.

This is true.

But the constant mentioning of boycotting the Sun in this thread for the article 20 years ago which again they've apologised for pisses me off.

its the constant outpouring of feeling hard done by when the same fans caused the death of Juve fans (who never got an apology but did get a "friendship mosaic")

all the while liverpool fans denying the role they had in one disaster and at the same time screaming for justice for another.

smacks of self pitying hypocrisy tbh.

fkt wrote: »
    You really don't have a clue. Grow up, get yourself some friends and stop trying to support a football club you have nothing to do with.

And you work for liverpool fc do you?

This is true.

But the constant mentioning of boycotting the Sun in this thread for the article 20 years ago which again they've apologised for pisses me off.

Murdoch TOLD Mackenzie to apologise and he has since said he didnt mean his apology - What part of that dont you understand? It was a meaningless apology ten years on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

flyswatter wrote: »
    Belkin, never again.

i love their popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

this thread has made me want to buy the sun in bulk now.

unfollow!!

• Advertisement

Murdoch TOLD Mackenzie to apologise and he has since said he didnt mean his apology - What part of that dont you understand? It was a meaningless apology ten years on.

Link?

Violafy wrote: »
    Right. I said "proper" apology, if you read my post. Half of that so called apology is about Wayne Rooney, and it took them 15 years even to do that. They print sensationalist lies on a regular basis, so what exactly would make you believe that they actually regret what they did?

:confused:

just open up a new tab and look it up.

39 Juve fans killed by direct action of liverpool fans.

No apology from liverpool.

Sun prints story about Hillborough.

liverpool fans outraged.

Sun apologises.

Liverpool fans 20 years later still outraged about Sun article.

Juve play liverpool 20 years after Heysel

Juve fans get "friendship mosaic"

liverpool fans still outraged about Sun.

Heysel never mentioned.

And if you do you're a troll.

from the liverpool daily post?

erm ...no.

you don't get it do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah, whoateallthepies is far better.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

erm ...no.

you don't get it do you?

?

Yeah, whoateallthepies is far better.

Was just about to post that.

erm ...no.

Yeah they made the quotes up I suppose?

I can't believe I've spent more than 30 seconds of my day talking to you.

When you're older and you've stopped trying to support a football club you have nothing to do with, you will cringe at the thought of the time you wasted arguing about something you don't have a clue about nor care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ForzaSaints

Lads just wondering how many matches do you liverpool 'fans' get to each year?

This is true.

its the constant outpouring of feeling hard done by when the same fans caused the death of Juve fans (who never got an apology but did get a "friendship mosaic")

all the while liverpool fans denying the role they had in one disaster and at the same time screaming for justice for another.

smacks of self pitying hypocrisy tbh.

They apologised but too late, when they really had no option and the inquiry and courts said Pool fans were blameless. Other papers apologised sharpish.

I don't see any Pool fans denying the role of Liverpool supporters in Heysel, just the extenuating circumstances. It was a delapidated stadium and the police were ill equipped. Same at Hillsborough, it's still no excuse for whta happened.

Where you old enough to remember Hillsborough? Did you swallow the lies?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Why are you outraged about an article in a newspaper for which they've apologised when you've murdered 39 fans and have never taken responsiblity ?

deflecting the truth.

I'd expect nothing different tbh.

Only 2/3 a year.

Go to all the home Donegal games though, my other team, have missed a few away games down the years though.

Why are you outraged about an article in a newspaper for which they've apologised when you've murdered 39 fans and have never taken responsiblity ?

deflecting the truth.

Are you blind?
    That apology meant nothing. MacKenzie. said. he. wasn't. sorry. How many times? The last part of your post isn't even worth a response.

Once a year right now, but hoping to go to more if I succeed in relocating to the UK next year. Why?

They apologised but too late, when they really had no option and the inquiry and courts said Pool fans were blameless. Other papers apologised sharpish.

I don't see any Pool fans denying the role of Liverpool supporters in Heysel, just the extenuating circumstances. It was a delapidated stadium and the police were ill equipped. Same at Hillsborough, it's still no excuse for whta happened.

Where you old enough to remember Hillsborough? Did you swallow the lies?

Yes i watched it on the news as i did with Heysel.

But you only hear liverpool fans talk about one of those tragedies.

Hypocrisy.

Although in fairness you gave them a mosaic after what? 20 years.

about as long as it took for an apology from the sun.

See the difference?

You complain that it was too late for an apology from The Sun when lfc took the same length of time to give some flowers to Juve for killing 39 of their fans.

Guilty conscience perhaps?

deflecting the truth.

Out of interest, which football team do you support?

Only 2/3 a year.

Go to all the home Donegal games though, my other team, have missed a few away games down the years though.

You go to anfield 2/3 times a year and you say i support a club ive nothing to do with?

explain please?

Out of interest, which football team do you support?

One thats won the league in the last 20 years.

Were you alive the last time liverpool won the old first division?

Yes i watched it on the news as i did with Heysel.

But you only hear liverpool fans talk about one of those tragedies.

Hypocrisy.

Although in fairness you gave them a mosaic after what? 20 years.

about as long as it took for an apology from the sun.

See the difference?

You complain that it was too late for an apology from The Sun when lfc took the same length of time to give some flowers to Juve for killing 39 of their fans.

Guilty conscience perhaps?

I seen both on TV and I was ashamed of Heysel. I think you are being abit flippant about the Pool response to Heysel.
    You go to anfield 2/3 times a year and you say i support a club ive nothing to do with?

explain please?

Ah to tbh, I never said that. You are putting words in my mouth and by the looks of it others.

I can't explain because I never said that. Can you clear up what I have to explain?

• Advertisement

Yeah they made the quotes up I suppose?

I can't believe I've spent more than 30 seconds of my day talking to you.

When you're older and you've stopped trying to support a football club you have nothing to do with, you will cringe at the thought of the time you wasted arguing about something you don't have a clue about nor care about.

its not an argument its fahcts.

Look it up.

Its the internets fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement