Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C16 - The Waiting Room.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sharan

Just received an email from External App stating they are in the process of sending out letters and we should receive them this week.

They are hardly Job offer letters so I think the time has come to put C16 ers to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

sharan wrote: »
    Just received an email from External App stating they are in the process of sending out letters and we should receive them this week.

They are hardly Job offer letters so I think the time has come to put C16 ers to bed!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Doesnt sound good, but at least we will be put out of our misery:(

Did you send external App an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sharan

yep just this morning and got one straight back, I emailed in return to see what kind of letters we were getting but no answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

sharan wrote: »
    yep just this morning and got one straight back, I emailed in return to see what kind of letters we were getting but no answer!

The old story of '' say as little as possible or better still - nothing at all '' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Don't give up hope guys, you never know, the letters might be to say you will be kept on and will be offered positions as and when they become available in order of merit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Don't give up hope guys, you never know, the letters might be to say you will be kept on and will be offered positions as and when they become available in order of merit.

I like your thinking but...

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Gee-22 wrote: »
    I like your thinking but...

what they said

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

This week? expect a letter in the morning then. It will probably read something similar to the wait to march letters in that they are going to just wait and see. Part of me wants it to continue but the other part of me wants it to end one way or the other. confused.

This week? expect a letter in the morning then. It will probably read something similar to the wait to march letters in that they are going to just wait and see. Part of me wants it to continue but the other part of me wants it to end one way or the other. confused.

Well no letter today but not really expecting it for about three weeks - would agree whilst I also want it to continue a little closure one way or the other would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

1967J wrote: »
    Well no letter today but not really expecting it for about three weeks - would agree whilst I also want it to continue a little closure one way or the other would be good

Say for example the PSNI decided that they wanted to take more from this existing pool but it was only possible to take people on a 5050 basis. Would the decision to recruit on a 5050 basis be taken at local level or would this need to be agreed by the British government?

The reason I ask this is because I remember a while ago someone, maybe from the policing board saying that they needed an additional 1000 officers and that they would be happy for this to be on a 5050 basis.

• Advertisement

Say for example the PSNI decided that they wanted to take more from this existing pool but it was only possible to take people on a 5050 basis. Would the decision to recruit on a 5050 basis be taken at local level or would this need to be agreed by the British government?

The reason I ask this is because I remember a while ago someone, maybe from the policing board saying that they needed an additional 1000 officers and that they would be happy for this to be on a 5050 basis.

Again I thought this was also the case but they now seem to be wanting to reduce the number of officers to about the 7500 - which is roughly were they are at the moment - my understanding is that this was the level needed for peace time and that the additional number were required to help fight the terror threat - but hay ho things change

Advertisement