Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Depository 10% off + free worldwide delivery [April 2011]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Bought something from Book Depository recently.

Cheaper than Amazon and no postage charge to RoI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Exceptionally slow delivery compared to Amazon in my experience. Shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Presumably if you have to go through that link you can't use Fatcheese?

I've never used fatcheese, but it seems like a good idea if you were going to buy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

pow wow wrote: »

So far I've only purchased one item. It was ordered last Thursday 24 March and delivered Tuesday 29 March. That was good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i've alway's gotten anything i ordered with them in about a week:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Personally, used them once and book deleivered within the week. Other Half ordered a book 10 days ago, no sign yet

Edit; Seemingly (a) The book arrived yesterday and (b) I 'just don't listen'

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I found that the books were delivered within the week, so I've no complaints. The prices are really good, about 30% less at least. Thanks OP!

I just ordered loads of books using the other offer too.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thanks,
    Just bought http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780812696738/World-of-Warcraft-and-Philosophy

(And yes, I am genuinely a geek with a degree in philosophy)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

ps: The Book Depository Live is compelling viewing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Got two books cheaper than amazon there. Thanks OP.

The "Watch people shop" Live thing on the website is cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

pow wow wrote: »

I've ordered loads of books from them and always received them fast. I've no problems with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It's true Amazon's delivery is fast. Although to be fair with The Book Depository, you're getting a book at the cheapest possible price, between 30 to 50% cheaper than a high street bookseller. Plus free delivery and often an extra 10% off. Now thats a good deal by anyones standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Cameraman

I use them regularly - as well as Amazon.

You do need to check prices though - sometimes they're cheaper, sometimes not.

A year or so ago they were doing differential pricing i.e. they charged a higher price if you had an Irish IP address than if you had a UK one (I confirmed this myself using a UK proxy). They seem to have stopped doing that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I use them a lot as well. Delivery can be a bit hit and miss. If it says "Usually dispatched in 24 hours" then I get them with in 5-7 days if it says 48 or 72 hours then it can take easily up to 2 weeks. Sometimes you need to send them a mail to remind them and then it goes out that day/following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

I've never had any problems with them and I would have bought easily 20+ books over the course of using them. Usually always have books around the 1 week mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭rcecil

I ordered dozens of books from them over the last 2 years because of the price. I made 3 mistakes in my orders and even though I contacted them within 15 seconds, was told the book had already been dispatched. Later, on all 3 problems I was told it was only my fault. Sad customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pegasus425

Never had a problem with them (and probably around 100 orders over past few years). Excellent all round. Delivery normally 5-8 working days. Nearly always better price than Amazon and free delivery for all orders. Also the .com site very often has even better prices. Some of the 10% off deals also work on the .com site. Just change the discount web link to .com. The current facebook discount worked fine for me on the .com site. Book was 58 Euro on the .co.uk site and 46 Euro on the .com site. So was able to get it 10% off the 46 Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 christine_cro

pegasus425 wrote: »
    Never had a problem with them (and probably around 100 orders over past few years). Excellent all round. Delivery normally 5-8 working days. Nearly always better price than Amazon and free delivery for all orders. Also the .com site very often has even better prices. Some of the 10% off deals also work on the .com site. Just change the discount web link to .com. The current facebook discount worked fine for me on the .com site. Book was 58 Euro on the .co.uk site and 46 Euro on the .com site. So was able to get it 10% off the 46 Euro.

thanks, didn't realise it worked on the .com website

.co.uk
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/fb3104?a_aid=code

.com
    http://www.bookdepository.com/fb3104?a_aid=code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

rcecil wrote: »
    I ordered dozens of books from them over the last 2 years because of the price. I made 3 mistakes in my orders and even though I contacted them within 15 seconds, was told the book had already been dispatched. Later, on all 3 problems I was told it was only my fault. Sad customer service.

I've ordered well over a dozen books off them in the past year and have never had a problem. Actually, today I bought two books together and then decided I didn't want one a few minutes after ordering. I chanced my arm and sent them an email to see if they would they cancel said book and they did no questions or quibbles. Refunded the price immediately too. So, I found their customer service to be excellent the one time I've used it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Thanks for code, OP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Well, that ended up being an expensive impulse buy :P

Thanks OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

thanks, didn't realise it worked on the .com website

.co.uk
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/fb3104?a_aid=code

.com
    http://www.bookdepository.com/fb3104?a_aid=code
    Yeah,as well as getting 10% discount I just saved another 2euro this way so thanks to all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thanks for the code OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Ordered in the early hours of Friday morning and my order is still ''being processed'' unfortunately.

With Amazon I usually get my book in 2/3 days max.But this place is waay cheaper I spose!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

has this expired? as this a facebook offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bken1991

holly8 wrote: »
    has this expired? as this a facebook offer?

the discount code on this page is still working
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71009811
    ciarawalsh wrote: »
    You have to come via this link if you wish to use the coupon code
    (otherwise the box to enter code wont appear).

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/fccbookclub?a_aid=code

Then just enter the code FCC222 in the basket when you begin to checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

bken1991 wrote: »

thanks - was just about to buy without the discount as the offer came up as expired but your advice saved me the 10% - cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

bken1991 wrote: »

This code is still working, just ordered a few books there now, got me ten percent off and free delivery - cheers lads and lassies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hmm ordered 3 books on Wednesday and they've still not shipped.

Not the quickest service :(

EDIT: My bad they actually shipped on the 8th, I just didn't get a confirmation email. Yay, can't wait for my books!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Now expired:(

Advertisement