Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy kebabs

• 10-04-2011 11:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:( jaysus lads...i felt fierce bad all day, i'm not a kebab eater, the very odd time. Had a fierce time getting to sleep, chills and sweat pouring out me.

The intestine was in chaos!, wind, squelching noises, rumbling.....so i'm wondering if kebabs are inherently dodgy :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Kebabs are quite possibly the greatest food known to man. Fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

El Weirdo wrote: »

How so?...from a nutritional perspective?
    Or do i need to engage my sarcasm filter in Firefox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

abrakebabra or whatever the hell its called kebabs are tough going at the best of times.

better off playing it safe with a quarter pounder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

:( jaysus lads...i felt fierce bad all day, i'm not a kebab eater, the very odd time. Had a fierce time getting to sleep, chills and sweat pouring out me.

The intestine was in chaos!, wind, squelching noises, rumbling.....so i'm wondering if kebabs are inherently dodgy :confused:

I had a dodgy kebab in Copenhagen years ago. Fcuking thing nearly killed me. It took a meal in the Charcoal Grill in Galway to repair the love i'd lost in the old 2.30 am kebab.

God Speed, you fair kebab house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That was the drink that f*cked you up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I went in to buy one sober the other day and I couldnt. WTF is that meat anyway, looks like plastic and the way they peel it, yuck. That said they are super when I have had a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I went in to buy one sober the other day and I couldnt. WTF is that meat anyway, looks like plastic and the way they peel it, yuck. That said they are super when I have had a few.
    Elephant foot. Duh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I try to stay away from Kebabs, which is hard to do when drunk I will admit. But seriously, theirs a whole lotta health guidelines that many places dont tend to stick by. The meat is rarely kept to the required temperature for safe eating, you then have the juice that will contain many bacteria soaking with "cooked" meat, field day for puking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I rarely mix chilli sauce and garlic sauce. The 2 just don't mix right in your stomach. Not to mention the time most people eat them at which mixes them with a lot of alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

Kaleli kebab in Tralee...any time day or night, drink or no drink is absolutely mighty!! and tis a little gold mine! kebab and chips is gorgeous!!:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Damokc wrote: »
    Kaleli kebab in Tralee...any time day or night, drink or no drink is absolutely mighty!! and tis a little gold mine! kebab and chips is gorgeous!!:P

Best kebab I've ever eating was in there. The size of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

OP has a sore bum bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

I had a dodgy kebab in Copenhagen years ago. Fcuking thing nearly killed me. It took a meal in the Charcoal Grill in Galway to repair the love i'd lost in the old 2.30 am kebab.

God Speed, you fair kebab house.

That place is the business, I'm not a massive kebab fan but whenever I'm in Galway I try to get a visit in. Now I'm hungry thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Mmmmm, mixed chicken & donor kebab from charcoal grill... :) nothing beats it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

How so?...from a nutritional perspective?

From the awesome perspective. No such thing as a dodgy kebab by the way, just weak people and excuses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Nothing beats Zaytoon...tasty at night with drink on board and during the day when sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

When in College, used to work in a place that made kebabs, the meat is "lamb" & a mix of spices and fat. It goes around the spiral tray for hours. At night if there is meat left, its put into a fridge .Next day its popped back to cook for more hours - YUCK. best time to buy a kebab is when its busy as the meat is freshiest.
    Sauces are tom & onion, chilli both served hot and if not used cooled down and used the next day. Garlic mayo, would generally not be stored into a cooled counter unless it was put away for the night.
    Naturally I never touched a kebab from a shop. I make chicken fillet ones myself and they are yummy and all the ingredients are fresh and healthy (enough)
    Used to have to wake up drunks who have fallen asleep in their kebabs and their face would be full of sauce and lettuce !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

The best way to eat kebabs is to buy 2....Smear the first one all over your hands, face and shirt...Then you can enjoy the second one without worry about the mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Sometimes I have an alsatianable desire for a Doggy Kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

the aul banjo burger,,,try some of daves gourmet:D ghost rider sauce on the next one you get and report back lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Making me hungry. Going to get one tomorrow. Nyom nyom nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

El Weirdo wrote: »

Yup. And yet, I've never heard anyone say it with that amount of conviction before midnight.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Iskanders, Dame Street. WIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

Try a real Kebab not the stuff we are sold here.
    Scrumptious...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Damokc wrote: »

Stop.
    I love that place. Never had a bad kebab there, don't go there too often as its pretty expensive considering other places. But top stuff it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The best way to eat kebabs is to buy 2....Smear the first one all over your hands, face and shirt...Then you can enjoy the second one without worry about the mess.

your avatar looks like a vagina :confused:

Advertisement