Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jardine vs. Mousasi

Options
  • 03-04-2011 3:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/2/2086293/keith-jardine-vs-gegard-mousasi-set-for-strikeforce-diaz-vs-daley

Possibly a result of Zuffa's newfound ownership of Strikeforce. Jardine was always a company man and he gave them all they wanted except wins. So now they've put him up against Mousasi as a replacement for Mike Kyle.

Shame Kyle had to pull out, he looked like he had a lot to offer in his last fight but this is definitely an interesting one. I can see Mousasi making bits of him but it still should be fun to watch.

Should we expect more cut-but-good UFC fighters coming into Strikeforce like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

super interesting fight. if mousasi loses, the he doesn't live up to the hype. if jardine loses, he goes down another snake rather than up a ladder. if mousassi wins he gives the powers that be another reason to get him in th big leagues.

i predict mousassi will win because his stirking is better, but jardine has beaten 'better' strikers with his unorthodox style before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

Jardine was very good but he hasn't had a good performance since the Rampage fight. He used to be able to absorb some amount of punishment but he has deteriorated significantly within the last 2 years.

Can't see Mousasi losing this, really is time for Jardine to retire unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Lets look at the facts, Jardine after a full training will lose to Mousasi, a Jardine on short notice will lose to Mousasi.
    Mousasi's striking is on another level, I see Mousasi knocking Jardine out the same way he knocked out Sobral in the first round

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Has any one seen this availible for betting on
    Most palces only have the other 3 main fights

Also, should we not just make this a thread for the whole event.

Daley once again fights under a Zuffa promotion :eek:

Nick Diaz vs. Paul Daley
    Diaz easilys takes down and wins from the ground

Gilbert Melendez vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
    Melendez wins this easily

Gegard Mousasi vs. Keith Jardine
    I ahve no idea why Jarine is even here, purely as a token jestrue from zuffa. His final form in the UFC was poor, he didn't impress in the regional circut. Mousasi by TKO

Shinya Aoki vs. Lyle Beerbohm
    Aoki by submission

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Anyone know what the story is with ordering this on primetime. I would pay for this event , but the strikeforce challengers quality left a lot to be desired. No problems with the grandprix however...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Mellor wrote: »
    Has any one seen this availible for betting on
    Most palces only have the other 3 main fights

Also, should we not just make this a thread for the whole event.

Daley once again fights under a Zuffa promotion :eek:

Nick Diaz vs. Paul Daley
    Diaz easilys takes down and wins from the ground

Melendez wins this easily

I ahve no idea why Jarine is even here, purely as a token jestrue from zuffa. His final form in the UFC was poor, he didn't impress in the regional circut. Mousasi by TKO

Aoki by submission

Agree with all this apart from the Daley thing. Don't think Diaz is going to want to risk shooting in to take down Daley as much as he would another fighter. Diaz isn't the wrestler Kos is, so Daley has more a chance of keeping this fight standing and I reckon Daley can knockout almost anyone in a standing fight.

Would like to see Jardine shock us, but highly doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Trashbat wrote: »
    Agree with all this apart from the Daley thing. Don't think Diaz is going to want to risk shooting in to take down Daley as much as he would another fighter. Diaz isn't the wrestler Kos is, so Daley has more a chance of keeping this fight standing and I reckon Daley can knockout almost anyone in a standing fight.
    Its not even how good a wrestler Kos is, I have a hard time remembering ever seening a decent TD defense from Daly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Its not even how good a wrestler Kos is, I have a hard time remembering ever seening a decent TD defense from Daly.

I don't know. I remember watching him years ago in Cage Rage and he held his own, but obviously the calible of fighter wasn't as high. He's got a BJJ Purple Belt so he must have some awareness. The thing I see is that his striking will be a real threat to Diaz and make him cautious. I know people said the same about GSP vs Hardy and GSP took him down with ease, but the gulf in quality if not the same in this one. I fancy a sneaky bet on Daley.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with ordering this on primetime. I would pay for this event , but the strikeforce challengers quality left a lot to be desired. No problems with the grandprix however...

I'm pretty sure I saw an ad on Primetime advertising it when I was watching Challengers. I'm going to order it myself I think, its a pretty nice line up.

I'm going for:

Aoki by sub,
    Mousasi by tko,
    Kawajiri by dec (I think he has the strength to hold Gil down long enough to claim it 3rnds to 2)
    Daley by tko (I reckon Daley will shrug off the first few take down attempts, catch him with a hook,try to finish on the ground and force the ref to step in)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Trashbat wrote: »

Even if Diaz doesn't take Daley down, i still think Diaz' stand up is superior to Daley! Daley has that big hook sure, but Diaz' boxing is on another level IMHO.

Diaz wins this fight wherever he wants to win it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Jardine, you will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Nick Diaz vs. Paul Daley
    This fight is tough to call IMO. I think it could be interesting. If it stays on the feet Daley obviously has the advantage, goes to the ground Diaz will own him and beat his ass pretty well there. Wrestling is going to be key. Whoever wins that battle will win the fight.

Melendez by TKO in the later rounds (4 or 5).

Mousasi by TKO in the first. Complete and utter mismatch. Jardine is finished.

Aoki by sub

Advertisement