Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflex sights on 22lr

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

I wouldn't recommend them really for target shooting, even on a .22 they'll lose their zero quick enough (for plinking though they should be ok). Also the mirco sight you've linked to at the top has an auto dim feature, makes the reticle difficult to see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

The stuff used in airsoft is aesthetic knock-offs of real ones, so there tend to be loads of identical-looking sights by all sorts of manufacturers and of varying quality, with little to let you know which is which. It's not even true to say that you get what you pay for, because you can get something great for buttons just as easily as you can pay over the odds for something that turns out to be crap.

I don't know how recoil will effect these. Maybe the fact that it's always the same force in the same direction will make the difference over time. That said, airsoft is a dynamic game and sights do get knocked about a fair bit, and I'm happy enough that I've never noticed one of my sights changing its zero over the course of a game. You might be after more accuracy than we are though - we're generally going for a man-sized target within 50m.

This site (in Hong Kong) can be handy for this type of thing because the product review section usually has a few considered opinions in it. Might also work out cheaper than buying from the UK, although there's the risk of customs slapping a fee on it.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/rifle-sight-scope-c-32.html

There's a big selection here too:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/scopes-red-dots/red-dots-sight/index.html?limit=all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Shidosha

You might want to take a look at http://www.lamp4us.com/, they're a Hong Kong based outfit that do cheap Chinese knock-offs of various big-name sights and scopes.

I've seen a couple of their pieces, and they're decent quality, but they're really cheap, so even if you get one and the recoil wrecks it you won't have lost out on a huge amount.

As Evilrobotshane points out though, the cheap airsoft stuff isn't going to be the same quality as the real thing. Recoil could damage it or knock it off zero, and the accuracy might not be up to what you want in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Looks a hell of a lot like the Hakko I had on my 5.56mm for a while. It was fine with with recoil, but just couldn't hack being beaten around in military service and broke. Replaced with EoTech....

It'll probably work OK on a .22.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Pedrir

It looks the same yes but the one i linked is rated for shotguns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have the above at home.

Looks cool but sights on airsoft guns are rubbish in terms of accuracy so couldnt comment on how it would work on a real steel.

In fairness I paid about €20 for mine, so you literally couldnt go wrong trying one out

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

Hi Clivej,
    How did you get on with the Reflex on your .22, think of going down the same road.
    I've seen ones that attach where the Rear Sight is, but with the Airsoft sights not sure about the Recoil. Also you can get an rail mount for €10.00 in an Airsoft shop??
    if you have the time let me know what happened please.

G.G.H.

Advertisement