Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West of Ireland itinerary

Options
  • 30-03-2011 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are heading west for 5 nights over easter, we're flying out of knock and will be driving. Would like to know where in the west of Ireland (Galway,Mayo,Sligo,Letrim) would be worth a visit, we're both pretty sporty and would like to do a bit of hiking and some other activities.

So far I think we'll visit Kylemore Abbey, west port to do Croagh Patrick.

Any other idea's?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Travel along the coast.
    Visit Diamond Hill, it's a trek but not very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Also take a trip to Achill and do the hike to the Cliffs at Croghan from Keem bay. If the weather is good the views are stunning, they are the highest cliffs in western Europe.

Also worth taking in places like the Sea Stacks at Downpatrick head, the Tourmakeady waterfall, Ashford Castle and Moorehall in Mayo. Spend a weekend night in Westport of the live music scene. When you are at Crogh Patrick take the road to louisburgh and on through the Delph Valley towards Lenane, it is one of the most beautiful locations in Ireland.

As for Sligo(yeats country) there are some amazing trails around Ben Bulben the horseshoe glen, stop for lunch in Mullaghmore, Cliffony, Lisadell house if its open. Then the Glencar waterfall in Leitrim.....

there are so many places to see, but just 5 days will limit where you can go,

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

When you're Sligo bound, check out http://adventuresligo.com/
    There's nearly always something going on somewhere in Sligo, so maybe keep an eye out online here (Sligo Boards)?
    Wherever ye end up, enjoy it-nowhere really beats the West*....:cool:

* Sligo's obviously the best in the West....although I may be slightly biased being from there mind...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sunnyseasider

Thanks very much for all the help.

Can't wait for the trip now.

Advertisement