Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Papers/Mags

Options
  • 11-02-2011 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Heya,

I'm trying to find out what student papers/mags are in LYIT and who runs them? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
    Linda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

The recent refferendum in the college directly dealt with this issue, as it stood the constitution of the student union had in it that there could be only one college publication and it was tendered out years ago and the S.U could only contribute 200words to it, the vote that took place was to change the constitution to allow the student union make their own mag/paper to distribute in the college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Theres been monthly magazine that I think was run by media students called LUST in the last 2 years but I dont think its being published this year. I might be wrong on that but I cant say I've noticed them being distributed this year

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭40040D

getahead wrote: »
    Heya,

I'm trying to find out what student papers/mags are in LYIT and who runs them? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
    Linda

LUST used to be a free college publication but it stopped in September/October of 2009. It was a great magazine for showing photos of nights out etc. Some of the articles and stories in it were brilliant. It also had a line up of upcoming events and gigs..I might be able to root out some old copies at home, If I can I'll post some pics.

Maybe talk with some of the graphic design students and with the SU to see if they could get another one started for next year ?

LUST (Letterkenny Uniting Students Together) was a full colour and well designed production.

I reckon if you helped to get a bit of funding for another one it would be a help and also you could go lower budget by not having as much colour, the type of paper used and so on.

Hope this helps Linda:D
    40040D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 spa21788

getahead wrote: »
    Heya,

Thanks,
    Linda
    It was run by Benny Tonner, an ex-student union member and student if I remember correctly. He packed up shop leaving no contact details for the IT or SU as far as I've been told. Unfortunately because of this no college magazine or publication is allowed as LUST was voted as the sole provider, whether the intention was there or not to just leave one day I'd love to have a word with that man...

Advertisement