Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBLA Deals/Deals with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Healium wrote: »
    Keith works for Xbox/Microsoft Ireland, and he has l337 advance lists of upcoming deals. Maybe they decided to pass on Battlefield, and edited it out? (or added it in!)

Ah OK. :)
    Also, new MajorNelson site looks awful

How egotistical do you have to be to put pictures of yourself doing stupid poses at the top of your site? *cringe*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

He's an annoying character anyway. But, when the main Xbox website (other than xbox.com) is bland, with a crap logo design, that has me worried. I don't ever want to visit that site again!

Ah I don't mind Larry himself.... I listen to his podcast every Monday morning - seems like a pretty likeable guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Healium wrote: »
    Keith works for Xbox/Microsoft Ireland,

And if management saw this thread, he would be sacked pretty quickly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

TheDoc wrote: »
    Why? He doesn't leak info, he just said that he'll post them on Monday mornings, before Major announces them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i'm picking it up later

Did you get it?

Its not bad, have played a few ranked matches, I am enjoying it, its kept moving at a nice pace thankfully.

Tonees of people playing that aint got a clue of poker, normally ends up with just 2 left at the table after a few mins for a good heads up match.

We should try organize a Boards game some evening for the craic.

Yeah I'd be on for a boards game of this.

I played 2 ranked games last night and won both. Pretty much went as you said - 8 players to heads up in less than 1½ levels, and the headsup went on for 20-30 mins on both. :)

Its a fun game, and the experience thing is a good hook to keep you playing.

Ya, I have played 3 ranked matches now, I went out 1st in one. A dumb all in call, just getting used to the controls, Y,Y all in, oops! Won the other 2, think I will be playing mainly online, not a fan of single player poker games.

The live games could be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭dunworth1

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Did you get it?

Its not bad, have played a few ranked matches, I am enjoying it, its kept moving at a nice pace thankfully.

Tonees of people playing that aint got a clue of poker, normally ends up with just 2 left at the table after a few mins for a good heads up match.

We should try organize a Boards game some evening for the craic.

ya its ok i was trying to join you session but couldn't join.

there is a good of those who go all in straight away

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ya its ok i was trying to join you session but couldn't join.

there is a good of those who go all in straight away

Game must have started, there doesn't seem to be buy in's once it starts.

Loads of All In's early, but the crappy players are normally gone after 5 mins anyways.

• Advertisement

CKWPORT wrote: »
    but the crappy players are normally gone after 5 mins anyways.

Leaving the good players with double and triple chipstacks. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Leaving the good players with double and triple chipstacks. :)

True, if you knock them out.

One lad got a triple knock out last night, and I ended up heads against him them, outchipped 5 to 1 nearly. The blinds were still 5 and 10. Had to just wait for a good hand and try double up. Managed to win, but it was 30 mins easily. It was a dirty win on the last card too to add insult to injury for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

TheDoc wrote: »

True! I did jump the gun there by telling you Battlefield is the following weeks deal after Sonic.

Anyway I wont be around long as I'm moving on from 8th April.
    Wasn't much help since I've only really started updating this thread!
    It probably would of got me sacked!

It was hard to pull away from Xbox but it had to be done for my own sake. Too much gaming is bad for you :) Some will object I know!

keith123 wrote: »
    True! I did jump the gun there by telling you Battlefield is the following weeks deal after Sonic.

Anyway I wont be around long as I'm moving on from 8th April.
    Wasn't much help since I've only really started updating this thread!
    It probably would of got me sacked!

It was hard to pull away from Xbox but it had to be done for my own sake. Too much gaming is bad for you :) Some will object I know!

Oh **** I just realised Battlefield is not after Sonic its RaSkulls then Battlefield - bloody hell that's more advanced than Major Nelsons! Should never of said this in the first place... Doh!

In case your wondering were your deal of the week is it's all changed!

Every Tuesday now not Monday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sonic 4 : episode 1 this week for 800 points.

Anyone get it already? 800 seems for me to be what it should have been in the 1st place and not much of a bargain :(

Seems to be a sale on xbox originals this week too, just spotted them on my dash. 800 points a piece Fable is there, and GTA:SA and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Yeah there's a 33% off sale on a selection of Xbox Originals, all at 800 points each:
    Burnout 3: Takedown
    Black
    Fuzion Frenzy
    Halo
    Fable
    GTA: San Andreas
    Max Payne
    Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
    Stubbs the Zombie
    Grabbed by the Ghoulies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Sadly the best Xbox original, Guilty Gear XX, is not available in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Highly dissapointed with the lack of Pyschonauts on that list :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not impressed with this weeks deals... Sonic is a rip off. Just get that sega collection with all sonic games for 10 quid...

Just wondering if I should pick up Black for 800pts, anyone played it, is it worth it? Or Burnout 3 even? Have halo, gta and fable already. Edit: Plus I got the two Max Paynes during the 600 point deal last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just wondering if I should pick up Black for 800pts, anyone played it, is it worth it? Or Burnout 3 even? Have halo, gta and fable already. Edit: Plus I got the two Max Paynes during the 600 point deal last time.

I really enjoyed black, just a fun shooter. can't go wrong with burnout either, i actually preferred the older ones to paradise.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed black, just a fun shooter. can't go wrong with burnout either, i actually preferred the older ones to paradise.

Thanks, I might go for them so. I like the idea of having games on the harddrive, gives me something to do with all the space, and not having to change discs is so handy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Sorry but when is battlefield 1943 on sale again? I await that to drop lol

Seisou Kouki Strania is out tomorrow for 800 MSP and it's supposed to be fantastic.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Seisou Kouki Strania is out tomorrow for 800 MSP and it's supposed to be fantastic.

That looks amazing! :) will it be available in Ireland?

That looks amazing! :) will it be available in Ireland?

From what I gathered it will. They gamer pics are already available for download under "Strania". It's an instant buy for me.

• Advertisement

Wow tonnes of stuff on sale this week, and word is more to come on friday :eek:

Normal deal of the week 400 each

A World of Keflings
    Worms 2: Armageddon
    Worms 2: Battle Pack
    Raskulls

There is also some other thing going on with a bigger sale on live stuff
    • 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 - 400 MSP
    • A Kingdom for Keflings 400 MSP
    • After Burner Climax - 400 MSP
    • Alien Breed Episode 1: Evolution -400 MSP
    • Alien Breed Episode 2: Assault - 400 MSP
    • Costume Quest - 600 MSP
    • Crazy Taxi - 400 MSP
    • Darwinia+ - 400 MSP
    • Defense Grid: The Awakening 400 MSP
    • Doom II - 800 MSP 400 MSP
    • Faery: Legends of Avalon 600 MSP
    • Gyromancer - 400 MSP
    • Monkey Island 2 : LeChuck's Revenge 400 MSP
    • Quake Arena Arcade 800 MSP
    • Unbound Saga 160 MSP
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels 400 MSP
    • Zeit² 400 MSP

ALso there are some game add on's like the ones for Red Dead, I can't find anything official at the moment on the extra stuff thats out but I got the list here - http://www.trueachievements.com/newsitem.aspx?newsitemid=3391

Advertisement