Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The world will end in 2012. Apparantly.

Options
  • 06-03-2011 5:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Where will you lot be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

**OOPS**
    sorry i was day dreaming i meant to start a new thread :D

but to answer your question i'll be chillaxin in my garden eating my veggies and fruit and my piggies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

You or i wont be in one of these anyway lets hope who ever gets into these co called shelters are the ones who die :D
    http://worldendsin2012.com/russian_underground_bunkers_from_Vivos_for_2012.php
    russian_underground_bunker_3D_model.jpg

Goverments underground bunkers for 2012 - leaked info
    The Norwegian government is building more and more underground bases and bunkers. When asked, they simply say that it is for the protection of the people of Norway. When I enquire when they are due to be finished, they reply “before 2011”. Israel is also doing the same and many other countries too. Will u have your underground shelter for December 21th 2012?

http://wn.com/The_United_States_is_building_Apocalypse_Bunkers

Reminds of lost :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBiMf10yO40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I will be saying "I told you so" to everyone that said the world was coming to an end.

Why does the world have to end just because your calendar ends anyhow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

FISMA wrote: »
    I will be saying "I told you so" to everyone that said the world was coming to an end.

Why does the world have to end just because your calendar ends anyhow?

Something about planet x is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

caseyann wrote: »

The only calender that "ends" in 2012 is the Mayan one.
    The Mayans never said anything about a planet ending the world.

The calender doesn't even end then anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Look!
    They can barely predict the weather for tomorrow and yet they claim that the world is ending in December 2012?
    That's a bit hard to swallow...
    We'll see how many people come back here and 'thanks' this post on Christmas 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Look!
    They can barely predict the weather for tomorrow and yet they claim that the world is ending in December 2012?
    That's a bit hard to swallow...
    We'll see how many people come back here and 'thanks' this post on Christmas 2012.

I got my thanks in first....just incase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

caseyann wrote: »
    How come it hasn't been detected before though? Bearing in mind that we can now detect planets in orbit around stars many light-years away, you'd think we'd have spotted all the planets within a few light-minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Cionád wrote: »

His world is going to end if he keeps wildly flailing his arms about instead of keeping them on the steering wheel when he's going at that speed.

The video is terrifying for that reason alone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭phosphate

Denerick wrote: »
    Where will you lot be?

At home in bed, sleeping through it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Does the government still have that nuclear bunker in Athlone? If they do the likes of Michael Lowry better not get in when the world ends :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I heard joe rogan talking about some guy who said it was to do with us inventing a time machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

What good is an underground bunker if it ends up under 100ft of sea water? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

What good is an underground bunker if it ends up under 100ft of sea water? :confused:
    Listen, they don't care why people are buying their bunkers or if it makes any sense - their job is to drum up demand for their services by any means that they can.

Hmm...I think there may be another conspiracy theory there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Listen, they don't care why people are buying their bunkers or if it makes any sense - their job is to drum up demand for their services by any means that they can.

Hmm...I think there may be another conspiracy theory there...

I understand that. There is always someone to who is up for buying London Bridge but surely those people realise that if 2012/Armageddon or any of the other proposed end of the world scenarios come about that sea levels rising is part of it. I'd sooner roast/drown quickly on the surface than drown in a bunker. And who the fuk does the interior decoration for these bunkers. I'd be guaranteed to be found running through the bunker with an axe killing the elite if I had to live for any amount of time with all that revolting, brown, 70s decor. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

What day's that? A Friday? Sorry, I'm busy that day. Can we reschedule the end of the world? It just doesn't suit me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

^^^^^ ROFL :D

The world will be a dark place some day alright......when Michael Jackson comes back... ahem i mean when some of the worlds supervolcanos erupt. Then were all screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Will there be a property tax on a bunker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

You can just see it now - everyone freaking out when december hits...

And then we all wake up on December 22nd and go christmas shopping as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The world doesn't end on December 21, 2012, that's just silly. No, instead there has been a transition phase which has become manifest since 2007, with the sub prime mortage crash which has led to the second great depression. This has resulted in the elites revealing their true natures as they become increasingly decadent and despotic. I predict that a major conflict may happen in 2012 which will have major global consequences. Furthermore with new austerity measures and the installation of technocrats in Europe in conjunction with new anti democratic measures like bill 1837 in the US the elites will attempt to create a trans national neo feudal system which may result in revolutionary responses. This is the period of change as predicted by the Mayans, Aleister Crowley and Indian tribes. There will be a final battle between those with vested interests in the corrupted status quo as it is, which doesn't work and is a strong inditement of human obedience to unjustified authority structures, and those who seek a better world. The question is, which side are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ugh, 2012, will be a big year for rape and murder all over the world as nut jobs will think they can do this and get away with it as the world will end in a mayan calander that is 10 years behind tbh.

Banks will give out big loans and stupid people will take them thinking they will not have to pay them back.

The only thing that will happen after the '12th of dec' is the 13th (or whatever the dates are).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

The world doesn't end on December 21, 2012, that's just silly. No, instead there has been a transition phase which has become manifest since 2007, with the sub prime mortage crash which has led to the second great depression. This has resulted in the elites revealing their true natures as they become increasingly decadent and despotic. I predict that a major conflict may happen in 2012 which will have major global consequences. Furthermore with new austerity measures and the installation of technocrats in Europe in conjunction with new anti democratic measures like bill 1837 in the US the elites will attempt to create a trans national neo feudal system which may result in revolutionary responses. This is the period of change as predicted by the Mayans, Aleister Crowley and Indian tribes. There will be a final battle between those with vested interests in the corrupted status quo as it is, which doesn't work and is a strong inditement of human obedience to unjustified authority structures, and those who seek a better world. The question is, which side are you on?

So you believe in prediction.

There's been so many predictions made, how do you know which ones are "authentic" and which aren't?

Does being Mayan lend more credibility than being Harold Camping?

Jonny7 wrote: »
    So you believe in prediction.

There's been so many predictions made, how do you know which ones are "authentic" and which aren't?

Does being Mayan lend more credibility than being Harold Camping?

Except none of those actually made any predictions about 2012 at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Danpad

Do Macaris and Centras shut on the end of world days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

2012 has arrived! Get ready for the most epic battle ever!!!! Angels and Demons, aliens, WW3 (I really hope not), its all here, 2012 is going to be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

2012 has arrived! Get ready for the most epic battle ever!!!! Angels and Demons, aliens, WW3 (I really hope not), its all here, 2012 is going to be epic.

Let the games begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I am not looking forward to every event in the upcoming year being hijacked and woven into the 2012 fantasy narrative.

So when this nonsense fails to come to pass this year, what will be the next year people will latch onto and make stuff up about?

I think 2060 would be one, but maybe not the next one.
    It's the year that Issac Newton "predicted" the apocalypse would happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

King Mob wrote: »
    So when this nonsense fails to come to pass this year, what will be the next year people will latch onto and make stuff up about?

I think 2060 would be one, but maybe not the next one.
    It's the year that Issac Newton "predicted" the apocalypse would happen.

But mob, did you not see the documentary "2012" that was out in the cinema last year, it was fun and scary like that other documentary.........space balls.

Advertisement