Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Korn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Malice wrote: »
    Wow, a 6 string fretless. I've never played one of those. The furthest I went was a Warwick 5 string fretless. My 6 string is an SR706.
    Ooh, that's a lovely bass. *folds legs* This is my 6-String fretless, quite lucky to have it, it's custom, Peavey Grind's aren't produced as fretless', which makes it quite nice and rare, needs a service at the moment though. To be quite honest that was a bit of a GAS attack too - I lack will power, don't regret it though.
    It was pretty similar for me. I had vaguely arranged a holiday away with a couple of mates but was going through a lean time at work so I hadn't a lot of spare cash. The GAS attack fixed that though. It's quite funny how your mind convinces you that if you don't go out boozing for a few weeks you'll save the cash :). I can't remember how much I paid overall, I'm pretty sure it was over €600 anyway. I do remember getting stung by customs as well which was a kick in the nuts.
    Certainly seems to be worth the money anyway, there's something about musicians that if they see something that they want, if it's to do with their tech, an instrument, or anything musically associated they'll 9 times out of 10 get it, eventually. Never got really done for instruments myself though... yet, although having said that it'll eventually happen. :) Actually I'm alright for finding bargains and value for money when buying used instruments, but that probably has something to do with being from Cavan. :o

How on earth did this turn from a Korn thread to a bass lovefest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Nailz wrote: »

you know only too well. because who is he, fieldy? inspired a lot of technically minded bassists. i found it too hard after years of bending and hammering on wimpy guitar strings with my little hands :( never let it be said bass is 'easy'

Montreaux Jazz Festival 2004 - no signalling over uneven monitor levels here, thats a cert good as reproduction in the live environment gets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Never seen those Jazz festival videos before, great live sound!

Speaking of bass, one of my favorite Fieldy bass lines is from One More Time off Untouchables

Might aswell put this up too cause its a good song!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nailz wrote: »
    You started it with this post :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You started it with this post :p.
    D'oh! :o I'll just get my coat, sorry everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Follow the Leader is a massively underrated album imo.

Korn were probably the first band I discovered myself so I still have a certain fondness for them.

Follow the Leader > Korn > Life is Peachy > Issues > Untouchables > all the rest 'cause I lost interest at this stage

Beekay wrote: »
    Never seen those Jazz festival videos before, great live sound!

yup.. that set has helped me appreciate korn, catch them in their element away from those high production promos that were a bit too 'mtv' for me. if links didn't sling the thread up i'd not have bothered ;- am not gonna "get" the likes of BFMV 16yr later though, not a hope lol.. these may have been the last genuinely worthwhile strains of invention in metal for me but i won't go down the curmudgeon route right now :/ korn were street; in a good way that helped too.

here's some more. cos its fly as fook :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Well this has to be one of their best live performances, still gives me goosebumps! I remember staying up until 2 in the morning to watch this as RTE were showing Woodstock live.

The crowd at 1:25 is epic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8j6bHnWRjs&hd=1

Epic video, There aren't many songs, by any band, that no matter where it's played will get almost the entire crowd jumping when it kicks in.

Another example....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why Did david leave the band?good drummer.Love fieldys bass playing.

Why Did david leave the band?good drummer.Love fieldys bass playing.

He just said he lost interest and went to run his restaurants. Supposedly sold all his drum kits and all! Shame alright, don't think he had much input at all during See you on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah I liked Korn's old stuff. My favorite song is Here To Stay. Not sure what to think of their newer stuff. I just think they're a bit watered down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Korn aren't a band I'd go so far to say I like, but provided they don't clash with anyone at Download, I'd be eager to check them out since they cancelled Dublin in 2006 and that would have been the last time I was anywhere near them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dave has his own restaurants?cool

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Yeah I liked Korn's old stuff. My favorite song is Here To Stay. Not sure what to think of their newer stuff. I just think they're a bit watered down now.

Love the bass line on that song,nice and heavy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Interestingly it seems Fieldy has his own instructional DVD out.

This is a cool vid, that encounter live dvd is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

That Encounter DVD looks awesome. I've never heard of it before. cool idea!

Always been a huge KoRn fan. a few dodge stuff on the on the stuff after Issues but the last 2, particularly the new one have been great imo.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdcOXqFHuR0
    Really like this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

was a big fan in the 90's and early 00's.

I think their last few studio albums have been very poor, bought them out of loyalty, take look in the mirror was the best of the later releases IMO. My least favorite album album is the latest one, not saying its bad - more down to my tastes changing over the years

also really liked the songs Jonathan Davis worked on for the Queen of the Damned Osd, this I think it may be his best work.

New song just posted up by them. featres some electronic lad called skrillex

Supposedly will be part of an EP to be released in May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Beekay wrote: »
    New song just posted up by them. featres some electronic lad called skrillex

Supposedly will be part of an EP to be released in May

I think this tune is amazing. Dubstep and Metal, I was only saying it to a few mates a couple of weeks ago that it would be awesome and Korn go and do it. I haven't liked any of their albums since Untouchables, but it and everything before it are great and now this new sound is sounding super!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

That was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well fair play to them, they are still putting out original stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ooooh wow! :D thanks, that song is fantastic!

Thought I'd revive this thread as Korn have released a new song from their upcoming album. It's a Dubstep produced album.

Not as into this song as i was with Get Up but looking forward to hearing the album

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Wow, really liking that! Bring on the album :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭anto_daly

ive been realy getting into KORN lately and got myself the first 2 albums and their gratest hits, these two have realy grown on me tho.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWWSAOqqiwI
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlLE9emBDeU
    just realy enjoying them :D

New Album out this week sometime... haven't given it a proper listen yet, only a few songs on you tube... sounding pretty good kind of like Untitled but a bit heavier Electronic wise.

So far my favourite is this

and another song off the album

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Picked up the special edition on CD today, but I've had the audio for about a week (via...legal...means). It's a fantastic album, and it seems like it's making an impact on the media at large as well; I saw a four star review in none other than the Metro Herald this morning, as well as the album itself (along with Nightwish) prominently displayed in HMV Grafton Street. It might even be good enough to start swinging popular opinion back towards the heavier end of the musical spectrum, which can only be a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

If those songs had no electroblips and beeps over them, everyone would honestly say they're awful. It sounds like a bad band who had the good fortune of foreseeing a bandwagon. There's my two cents.

Advertisement