Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght not as bad as you think

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

kip full of scobes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

partyndbs wrote: »
    full of scobes

Nothing wrong with a Subaru they are expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Nine times out of ten when I drive into Clondalkin there's always guards about...they're there for a reason. I'm not been judgemental but I am stating a fact. Don't get me wrong - I have a few friends in Clondalkin and they're sound (some of them) but the stuff they get upto I wouldn't really be into! Most of them are boy racers who intimidate other drivers...hang out in the local estates performing rings and whatnot.QUOTE]

are they from bawnouge?i agree clondalkin is pretty much the same as tallaght it has its really rough estates but generally decent ones aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nine times out of ten when I drive into Clondalkin there's always guards about...they're there for a reason. I'm not been judgemental but I am stating a fact. Don't get me wrong - I have a few friends in Clondalkin and they're sound (some of them) but the stuff they get upto I wouldn't really be into! Most of them are boy racers who intimidate other ...hang out in the local estates performing rings and whatnot.

Wow, your fairly deluded to be honest, im not even from Clondalkin but have a fair few friends from that area, like any area of Dublin or even the precious countryside of Ireland - it has its bad elements.....

I have seen the guards the odd time, not as much as your making out, and im still to see these "boy racer" lads throwing cars about the place, I think its sad that you try tarring one area with a brush because a couple of people you are associated with are into "performing rings" or whatever it is these lads get up to....

Anyway back on topic, Tallaght is the same, has bad areas, it has good areas, like anywhere, not all these people are "scummers" like a lot of you seem to think....

And this is coming from someone who went out with a girl from Tymon north for over 3 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

it must be fairly grim if it is producing samaritan bands like Bipolar Empire, maybe snow patrol will fúck off now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Dudess wrote: »
    My brother lived in Ringsend, old-skool inner city Dublin, up to recently and had initially expected it to have a lovely sense of community etc but found it really unfriendly and clannish - not "rough", nothing like that, an overall nice area, but unwelcoming to blow-ins. "Stuck-up" he said, which is normally something you'd associate with posh people. Now he's moved to Dundrum and expected it to be awfully snobby and way more unfriendly, but it's actually a lot friendlier.
    The vibe of an area is determined by varying stuff, not just "social class".

hell yes! I lived in ringsend for three years and a very cold place to people who havent been there for generations. they were so clannish they called one lad 'the foreigner' because he was from pearse street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Fieldog wrote: »
    Wow, your fairly deluded to be honest, im not even from Clondalkin but have a fair few friends from that area, like any area of Dublin or even the precious countryside of Ireland - it has its bad elements.....

I have seen the guards the odd time, not as much as your making out, and im still to see these "boy racer" lads throwing cars about the place, I think its sad that you try tarring one area with a brush because a couple of people you are associated with are into "performing rings" or whatever it is these lads get up to....

Anyway back on topic, Tallaght is the same, has bad areas, it has good areas, like anywhere, not all these people are "scummers" like a lot of you seem to think....

It's common knowledge pal.

And I never painted everyone from Clondalkin with the same brush, in fact I said a lot of people who I know from Clondalkin are sound but at the same time a huge population of them are trouble makers.

It would have a lot more problems than somewhere like Sutton/Howth/Malahide, that's a fact. Welcome you to debate it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Whats a Tallaght?
    Not on my raidar, and never will be I'd say! Bahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

hell yes! I lived in ringsend for three years and a very cold place to people who havent been there for generations. they were so clannish they called one lad 'the foreigner' because he was from pearse street

I live in Ringsend, just off Barrow srteet and find the exact opposite to be the case. My neighbours couldn't be more friendly, welcoming and helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I like the place, tbh. Been there for the day twice and fonce for a couple of nights. Was grand both times, never really felt in any danger. I'm guessing I got the watered-down version of Tallaght though, as I didn't venture much further than the Square or Tallaght Stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Tallaghts reputation is based on a ridiculous generalisation (bit like the ones one hears about "Dublin 4" in reverse)

Its a big place FFS. Bigger than Limerick. Naturally its going to have dodgy parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Tallaght is massive so of course theres going to be pockets of areas that aren't as nice as others,it's normal!

Clondalkin has improved lots over the last decade or so as well,and the village especially is absolutely grand,never any trouble unless you specifically go looking for some,like anywhere I spose!

Our estate used to be fairly rough too but has calmed down lots since we moved here in the 90's,though it has taken a backward step in the last few weeks with the local shop being held up twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Clondalkin is not that bad. I can tell you the other ****eholes of dublin are far worse, i.e tallaght, crumlin and the whole of the northside.

The only places I'd realistically say are worse than Clondalkin on the Northside are Finglas, Ballymun, Sheriff and Darndale. The majority of suburbs on the Northside would be considered a better area than Clondalkin which has had plenty of problems with crime, drugs and all that other shíte people are talking about in the thread. A smaller version of Tallaght is probably the best description.

It's like all "bad" areas in Dublin, most are nice people who are good craic to be around but it's a couple of dickheads who ruin the area's reputation. I know people from the "worst" areas who are bang on and people from the "best" areas who are bang on, I also know people from bad areas who are complete and utter ***** and the same can be said for the good areas. I've come across pure knackers who I wouldn't want to spend a minute around and I've come across these D4 clics of dickheads who wont associate with you simply because you're from the Northside, well fúck them anyway because they're usually pretentious twats. Bad people come from all areas, but most people in bad areas are still good people. Who gives a fúck about the area, just judge the people you know living there and whether you like them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭A.Tomas

Anyone who thinks Tallaght is the definition of scangerdom are way behind the times. Maybe when it was born in the 70's it got a name because it was in Dublin, but not aul' romanticised inner city Dublin with "characters"
    (i.e. drunks) or gurriers (i.e. scanger kids).

As has been pointed out several times, there are scangers everywhere, just more in some places and even more in some parts of places.

Still though, the more Poles and co we can get living here in Tallaght the better.:D

Want to make it the best place in Dublin! One word vigilantes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

scumbags everywhere..tallaght is no differant sure even blackrock throw out scumbags.
    The nightlife in tallaght is quite good with a range of pubs and clubs. yes its rough in parts but sure where isnt these days.

the whole of the northside.

WTF is it with Dublin people* and their ridiculous generalisations about people on the opposite side of the Liffey ?

* No need to point out the Irony

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

Clondalkin is not that bad. I can tell you the other ****eholes of dublin are far worse, i.e tallaght, crumlin and the whole of the northside.

Clondalkin village is a great place to have a few pints. the scanger population is very low and the pubs have good standards.

Here leave the Northsiders alone. At least they're not boggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i dont understand why everyone thinks the northside is full of scum theres places out southside thats just as bad. the more you head towards bray the worse it gets. places like loughlingstown, dun laoghaire,ballyogan, stillorgan etc. ffs even killiney has scumbags

ricero wrote: »
    i dont understand why everyone thinks the northside is full of scum theres places out southside thats just as bad.

Leinster House for Instance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

I don't know one person from Clondalkin who isn't a scumbag!
    Cheeky_Gal wrote: »
    a lot of people who I know from Clondalkin are sound

So what is it then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

my crack about the northside was tongue in cheek lads :pac:
    There are bad spots everywhere, maybe i dont see clondalkin as rough because I know the place inside and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ricero wrote: »
    i dont understand why everyone thinks the northside is full of scum theres places out southside thats just as bad. the more you head towards bray the worse it gets. places like loughlingstown, dun laoghaire,ballyogan, stillorgan etc. ffs even killiney has scumbags
    Yep, real ghetto spots there. :pac:

In fairness, yeah, you can get lowlives everywhere, but overall areas are gonna be nicer places to live in than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

In fairness, yeah, you can get lowlives everywhere, but overall areas are gonna be nicer places to live in than others.

You obviously haven't been out that way much.

dun laoghaire and shankill for special mentions absloutle heroin hot spots over the last 10 years I wouldn't rare a dog in them never mind kids.

You're right tho, kiliney might be pushing the boat out a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Dublin is apparently 'odd' in that you get rough spots in the middle of otherwise affluent areas. (apparently, don't know whether thats entirely true or not).

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Tallaght is fine. It's a huge place with a massive population and could be a city if it wasn't a part of greater Dublin. You're always going to have dodgy parts. Every city in the world has them. Clondalkin is fine too.

People need to cop the **** on and stop making generalisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ntlbell wrote: »
    You obviously haven't been out that way much.

dun laoghaire and shankill for special mentions absloutle heroin hot spots over the last 10 years I wouldn't rare a dog in them never mind kids.

You're right tho, kiliney might be pushing the boat out a bit.
    What I'm saying is: despite spots, there's no way those are "rough" areas overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Omg Clondalkin is far worse than Tallaght, I don't know one person from Clondalkin who isn't a scumbag!

It's sad though because It's just my generation, I'm sure the elderly in these places are lovely people
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

What I'm saying is: despite spots, there's no way those are "rough" areas overall.

That's like saying Ballymun is not "rough" over all

Shankill is as rough as it comes as is dun lao, they're up there with the rest of them.

if not, can you explain the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I say we take off and blast the place with piss from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

you would be surprised by the some of the scum in around the shankhill and bray areas there some proper dodgy spots. beleive me killiney dart station and along the beach go there at night time on a weekend and be prepared for trouble

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement