Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght not as bad as you think

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

hahahaaaaa... :/ storming of the skobes! just a few uber skanks at the front; they generally do as they dress its plain to the savage eye what they are. no call for alarm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Be nice if they put that much effort into trying to get a job.
    Maybe they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The welfare office doesn't give out money, the post office does...

Seems to me that people looking to sign on are trying to get to the top of the queue so they don't have to wait around.

oh yeah.

still.. signing on is not to be sniffed at!! nor trampled over :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

bumper2k11 wrote: »
    To all those slagging Tallaght i have lived here all my life and you will only get attack in Tallaght if you arnt from here and they dont like you like all those from Clontarf and those posh areas like that so dont bad mouth Tallaght when yous know nothing about it Clontarf is not so good its self with all the drugs and all like evreywhere else so but out most of us in Tallaght are lovely people and dont come near us if you are going to bad mouth us !!!!!!!!!

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Obviously written by a pure bread scumbag. Very difficult to read as it is so illegible but basically saying Tallaght is a grand place just as long as you're not from there and find yourself there for whatever reason..then your fuc.ked.....the irony!

Fair play bumper, at least ye knackers have a sense of humour..

• Advertisement

To all those slagging Tallaght i have lived here all my life and you will only get attack in Tallaght if you arnt from here and they dont like you like all those from Clontarf and those posh areas like that so dont bad mouth Tallaght when yous know nothing about it Clontarf is not so good its self with all the drugs and all like evreywhere else so but out most of us in Tallaght are lovely people and dont come near us if you are going to bad mouth us !!!!!!!!!
    Feck's sake - of course most people from Tallaght are good people, only an idiot wouldn't agree with that, but you're defending the place by being threatening? Good luck with that...

heh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Dudess wrote: »
    of course most people from Tallaght are good people..

Why "of course"?

I work in public transport and all the Tallaght people i've dealt with have been utter scummers.

Because scummers are always a minority, most people are decent - wearing certain types of clothing/having a certain accent isn't enough to constitute a scummer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hang on since when has clontarf been considered a nice place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Having lived in Tallaght and Blackrock, I prefer the people in Tallaght,they are nice and friendly, as apposed to the ignorant, ill mannered, ****wads I encounter on a daily basis(In this supposedly better part of the city).These supposedly superior people(in their own minds) would step over a person having a heart attack, if it meant they could get to an appointment to have the stick pushed further up their own arses a few moments sooner.

Blackrock would be a nice place to live if it wasn't for the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Why "of course"?

I work in public transport and all the Tallaght people i've dealt with have been utter scummers.

Thats right, mate.. everyone in in Tallaght is a scummer... *pats your little bigoted head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

hobochris wrote: »
    Having lived in Tallaght and Blackrock, I prefer the people in Tallaght,they are nice and friendly, as apposed to the ignorant, ill mannered, ****wads I encounter on a daily basis(In this supposedly better part of the city).These supposedly superior(in their own minds) would step over a person having a heart attack, if it meant they could get to an appointment to have the stick pushed further up their own arses a few moments sooner.

Me too.....wait....are we the same person?

I liked most of the people I knew in Blackrock. I liked most of the people I knew in Tallaght. Most people are sound enough wherever you go if you are sound to them.

I like people.

Why "of course"?

I've used a lot of public transport and most of the people operating these services in my opinion had the best part of them roll down their fathers leg.. everyone in public transport are not the same though, as a majority of people from tallaght do not use public transportation,therefor are been branded unfairly by your short sighted generalization.

strobe wrote: »
    Me too.....wait....are we the same person?

I liked most of the people I knew in Blackrock. I liked most of the people I knew in Tallaght. Most people are sound enough wherever you go if you are sound to them.

I like people.

Have tried to be nice to people on several occasions(I like to try to do a good deed every day; Karma), but have often been met with hostel responses on this side of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I work in public transport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Who is this bucko guy? age? description? only guy I can think of is a guy probably 40s red hair glasses skranny and lives around by Dominics?

thats the guy,he lives 1 minute away from me.....i wont tell you where exactly because boardsies will stalk me :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hobochris wrote: »
    Having lived in Tallaght and Blackrock, I prefer the people in Tallaght,they are nice and friendly, as apposed to the ignorant, ill mannered, ****wads I encounter on a daily basis(In this supposedly better part of the city).These supposedly superior people(in their own minds) would step over a person having a heart attack, if it meant they could get to an appointment to have the stick pushed further up their own arses a few moments sooner.

hummm i think you may be a minority in that opinion, all the facts of both locations would lean to the opinion that your talking out your proverbial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Two of me bothers and me sister are from tallaght. Springfield or there abouts. Parents brought meself and the twin over to the house they lived in years ago. Looks like fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Finglas is the only place in Dublin where ive been generally scared ****less, watching my back etc. the whole time i was there.....lovely place though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

seanybiker wrote: »
    Two of me bothers and me sister are from tallaght. Springfield or there abouts. Parents brought meself and the twin over to the house they lived in years ago. Looks like fun.

enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I bet all the lovely people are delighted you are a spokesperson of theirs.

I find that people like yourself are far more likely to make assumptions and prejudgements about people from areas you perceive as posh/well off/whatever than the people from such areas are to make assumptions regarding you.

I wouldn't think that I have someone and their life's experiences all summed up and worked out based on being told where they are from/live, not a chance, the same applies the other way around.

hummm i think you may be a minority in that opinion, all the facts of both locations would lean to the opinion that your talking out your proverbial
    Not necessarily. I know plenty of people from "rough" parts and they are ordinary decent people who would be more than willing to help out a neighbor in need instead of the uppity ****es who'd turn their noses up at people who need help.

Yeah Blackrock is a nicer physical environment than some parts of Tallaght, and there's going to be less anti-social behaviour/intimidation... but the nice people of Blackrock nicer than the nice people of Tallaght? Money doesn't make you nicer.

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah Blackrock is a nicer physical environment than some parts of Tallaght, and there's going to be less anti-social behaviour/intimidation... but the nice people of Blackrock nicer than the nice people of Tallaght? Money doesn't make you nicer.

statistically less chance of getting stabbed/punched/robbed tho

johnn wrote: »
    enough said.

Ok what does my typing have to do with people coming from tallaght?

johnn wrote: »
    Finglas is the only place in Dublin where ive been generally scared ****less, watching my back etc. the whole time i was there.....lovely place though

Finglas? i've never been cultural exponent suggests i'll never be!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

anyway, tala is bleeding deadly. they say that the blue bridge is like eight mile. one side is ok and the other side is like the wild wild west where people shoot at each other while on horse back.

and as for bucko, he can be seen with a plastic bag full of cup cakes at bout 8am.

lastly, you haven't lived unless you got the 77. I've seen fights, riding, people shooting up and a girl i went to school with wearing PJs because she was going to court. heard later she was jailed for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

This thread epitomises the mindset of the majority of boards users...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Oranage2 wrote: »
    and a girl i went to school with wearing PJs because she was going to court. heard later she was jailed for 2 years.

Bit of a draconian sentence just for wearing PJs? Did they have skids in them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement