Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get onion powder in dublin

Options
  • 15-01-2003 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭

i have searched all the aisan shops and none had it. is there anywhere? i am also looking for onion juice for making doner kebabs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

As far as I remember Schwartz make Onion Powder (you should be able to find it in Tesco or SuperQuinn)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

you may try the health food shops.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Kone
    As far as I remember Schwartz make Onion Powder (you should be able to find it in Tesco or SuperQuinn)

I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

thanks guys,
    i have seen only schwartz onion salt in supermarkets. it is mostly salt with a small amount of onion, also it costs a lot for a tiny 10gram packet. same with most spices in supermarkets- tiny amounts and not very good quality. e.g. bay leaves. you get about 20g of leaves for about 2 euros, go to an aisian shop and you get a shopping bag full of them for 5 euro! same goes for curry powder etc you get big litre bottles of soy sauce too which tastes beter than sharwoods or any i have got in a supermarket.

a friend of mine worked in an indian takeaway and the owner said even the aisian shops in town were a rip off, they imported all their stuff from london for next to nothing and it was all top quality

i have tried health food shops too with no luck.

i'll have to try a cash and carry, they have lots of stuff you never see in supermarkets

Advertisement