Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge -- yes or no?

Options
  • 03-03-2011 4:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

I don't mean some kind of long-winded philosophical discussion.

Do you ever do revenge and pay someone back in kind if they hurt you badly? (By "in kind" I mean something proportionate to what they did to you.)

Is it worth the effort?

Revenge -- yay or nay? 77 votes

Yes, pay them back in kind
    0% 0 votes
    No, just move on
    100% 77 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sometimes yes other times I couldn't be arsed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

Nope, for me rising above it and retaining my dignity is the best revenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

I think you're right, HoneyRyder. I'm going to take that advice.

It's best not to act in passion and do something you'll regret.

I prefer to move on.. Not for any moral reasons, it's just easier. I write people off sooner than getting revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

HoneyRyder wrote: »
    Nope, for me rising above it and retaining my dignity is the best revenge.

Beta as fúck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

imagine Jude Law, hellbent on revenge but too sissy to act upon it.

now imagine that festering in jude law.....

just an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I like the idea of revenge but am aware that more often than not - it doesn't end at 'revenge.' If it did, I'd partake a little more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I let it build for a while and then I

http://tunski.com/SCSAUnleashHellFrontLogo.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭s3129

Ah brings back memories of a bad break up

I swore revenge

Couldn't think of anything good enough

So now I tell myself I was the bigger person for letting it go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If the oppurtunity for revenge presents itself, I'd gladly take it.
    But I wouldn't go looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Personally, I don't really bother with revenge, but some of my friends see things differently.

My friend was getting good friends with some guy. His girlfriend didn't like this and made them stop talking. So my friend decided to get revenge. Over about 2 months she worked on seceretly getting friends with the guy, got him to her house She convinced him to play strip blackjack. She took photos of them together in just his boxers. She put these on the internet for the girlfriend to see. Conviently, the guy had a bruise on his side which the girlfriend decided was a hickey. They broke up the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

thats not revenge thats just your mate being a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

indough wrote: »
    thats not revenge thats just your mate being a bitch
    I know, but she considered it revenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Revenge on Modern Warfare is sweet! I collect some amount of XP that way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Have done on occasion, but never with violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

Revenge is a dish best served twice so they don't do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

years ago i would have gone for revenge, but i was young and very stupid!

nowadays i just let it go, it doesn't make me the better person, but it does help me move on with my life in a positive way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Nah, doing something horrible makes you no better a person than them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

I don't mean some kind of long-winded philosophical discussion.

Do you ever do revenge and pay someone back in kind if they hurt you badly? (By "in kind" I mean something proportionate to what they did to you.)

Is it worth the effort?
    Yes.Revenge is "Oh so very, very sweet"-Eric Cartman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Are we talking on a "Oh she broke my heart" basis or "They cruxified my entire family, burned my dog alive and left me for dead" kinda way?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Are we talking on a "Oh she broke my heart" basis or "They cruxified my entire family, burned my dog alive and left me for dead" kinda way?

or... "you were actually dead when they left and the gods saw that you'd been done wrong and gave you the choice of unrelentless redemption"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Personally, I don't really bother with revenge, but some of my friends see things differently.

My friend was getting good friends with some guy. His girlfriend didn't like this and made them stop talking. So my friend decided to get revenge. Over about 2 months she worked on seceretly getting friends with the guy, got him to her house She convinced him to play strip blackjack. She took photos of them together in just his boxers. She put these on the internet for the girlfriend to see. Conviently, the guy had a bruise on his side which the girlfriend decided was a hickey. They broke up the next week.

If this is how your "friend" treats her other "friends" i suggest you get yourself a new friend. She sounds like a total cúnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Can't believe I got to use this already!! Watch the first 20 seconds! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Pop a poo in the post and send it to em.
    Satisfaction garuanteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There is absolutely no point in "proportionate" response. If you want revenge, it has to be so far above and beyond what they're capable of that they'll fear you. That makes it proactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There is absolutely no point in "proportionate" response. If you want revenge, it has to be so far above and beyond what they're capable of that they'll fear you. That makes it proactive.

I actually completely agree with this, there is no use getting into a tit for tat revenge game where ye both forget who started it. Deal swift justice on those fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

this whole rise above it m dignity thing is for schmucks... take a dump in his letterbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

neil_hosey wrote: »
    this whole rise above it m dignity thing is for schmucks... take a dump in his letterbox.
    That be awkward. Could ya not just plaster the porch instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

seanybiker wrote: »
    That be awkward. Could ya not just plaster the porch instead

yeah work up a good scutter for a few hours drinkin orange juice and water, then do a drive by scut all over his porch and windows..

Advertisement