Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No funds for Enterprise repairs

Options
  • 02-03-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

According to NI Regional Development Minister, Conor Murphy, the funds that should have been spent upgrading parts of the Enterprise line will instead be spent on repairing the Derry to Coleraine line which would be threatened with closure unless the repairs go ahead.

Thoughts?

Personally I reckon the state of the Derry/Belfast line is shocking, but still it is the flagship line which is being downgraded.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭oharach

Are you referring to the Lurgan–Knockmore upgrade which was shelved? I don't know of any planned works further south.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

oharach wrote: »
    Are you referring to the Lurgan–Knockmore upgrade which was shelved? I don't know of any planned works further south.

Yeah - I meant to post a link to the story on the bbc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12614127

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭oharach

It's a bit misleading to say the line 'could be affected for up for 4 years', i.e. prospective. There's been a speed limit between Moira and Lisburn, and terrible signalling southbound into Lurgan, for as long as I can remember.

Conor Murphy does seem genuine though in his repeated promises to find alternative funding for the project though.

Also, if the A5 or A8 upgrades aren't built (due to the new government refusing to provide matching funding), this project is pretty much top of the list for reinstatement.

Advertisement