Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bright Blue Flashing Lights in Sky

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Yarmouther

I live in Yarmouth Nova Scotia, Canada, and just wanted to report for the past 2 weeks I have noticed this object in the sky with blinking lights, not moving just staying put. Last night my friends and I were watching it and we observed 3 - 4 more of these same lights, in different parts of the sky, we were observing them through a set of binoculars and it was amazing, however I would like to look at them through a telescope. Can anyone tell me what these are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

It's back in the sky now, 30degrees south, looking at it from Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Get or borrow a DSLR camera, with a wide lens (35mm or 50mm), stick it on a tripod, take a pic at 1600 ISO and 5 or 10 seconds pointing at the thing you're looking at, and post the resulting pic (with the location and time of pic taking) here and we'll be easily able to identify whether it's a star or planet, a plane or satellite, or something else.

I would suspect what you're seeing now is Jupiter.

Try putting in your location and time here: http://www.etwright.org/astro/plani.html and seeing what matches for when you are looking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jluke45

Last year on a hunting trip in a remote area in Eastern Oregon, I was taking the dogs out around 2:30 AM, I wandered out into the pitch dark and came into view of two brilliant blue lights...one near the ground, and the other near the treetops. That in itself drew powerful curiosity, but the real enigma was they were asynchronously flashing at each other to what seemed to be communication. It was kind of neck-hair-raising-spooky on par that the area is well populated with cougars. Between the two, I took my dogs back to the trailer, closed and locked the door. I have never seen any thing like it before or since. I would sure be interested if anyone has seen such a thing...

Advertisement