Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty Therapist advice???

Options
  • 08-07-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Ok im not sure where to post this but here goes! I am a qualified beauty therapist with ITEC, CIBTAC and CIDESCO diplomas. Its been 4 years since ive done the course and i couldnt get work! I got stuck in a dead end job! But I really wanna get back into it! Does anyone have any advice where i should start? A refresher course (if they exist!)? Or any advice on how to go about getting some salon experience seeing as they only hire experienced people!!! Please can i have some advice!! Im living in south east so if any courses are happening that you know of, etc!!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Theres no work in Ireland at the minute. Go working on the cruise ships. Its the best place to get your foot on the ladder in that industry. Plus, you can save a lot of money in the process as youll have everything paid for.

Or stay here and remain in your dead end job for at least another 10 years :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭s3129

Jobs are coming back, I live in Galway and there are always signs on salons & in the paper for staff wanted. Im in the same boat as you, lost my job when the spa i was in closed down, and that was at the height of the recession when there were zero beautician jobs going. So i started working other jobs as in waitressing etc to pass the time and get money. Now i need a refresher course to get back in to it.! I've looked out for one but can't seem to find anything.!! Its a shame to let everything go to waste, if you hear of anything please post and let me know! The best thing would be if a spa was to take on as work expierence and send training for a week or two, thats all that would be needed to refresh memory .. but trying to persuade some where to do that would be hard!!

Advertisement