Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

cartwheel wrote: »
    That would of been Gemma Hayes - Chasing Dragons , mate:

They used Sad Ol Song by Gemma in the middle of the episode as well. Good to see them using Irish music on the show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

I tried posting this in the Television forum, but no one had an answer. I might see if anyone here knows the song Im looking for.

If for a sky one promo for Boardwalk Empire. Its not the first promo tho,

[/QUOTE]

that has music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86dL5V_ewL4

which is also very cool.

But its the next promo they started showing after that, that I cant find online.
    Its has boardwalk empire clips inter sliced with the words

Power Desire a Deadly Cocktail.

Its driving me nuts, any help would be appreciated alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Anyone know the music in this ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shayanzadeh

Hi,
    Anyone know that song from the RTE ad with Ryan Tubridy and the guy with the sword? :P
    In my opinion it sounds a lot like Muse, especially the drums on Knight of Cydonia.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cartwheel

Hi,
    Anyone know that song from the RTE ad with Ryan Tubridy and the guy with the sword? :P
    In my opinion it sounds a lot like Muse, especially the drums on Knight of Cydonia.

Thanks.
    Thought it was Muse too, very similiar but its

Bipolar Empire - Tempomaniac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Shayanzadeh

@cartwheel

Thanks. Just was curious to see who they were, cus they were so similar to Muse :rolleyes:

Anyone know the music in this ad?

A little investigation finds it to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Andy101

ok it was in misfits , i think one of the lyrics sounds like "get the horror in ya" but i think it might be aurora. I dont know but i need the name been bugging me for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I don't want to start a new thread for it.

I am looking for the video of Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan performing "Girl from the North Country" on the Johnny Cash show, probably in 1969.

I have tried youtube, but the stupid amount of covers they have means that finding it is impossible.

I would love to find it for streaming if possible, hope someone can help! :) Thanks.

Andy101 wrote: »
    ok it was in misfits and i that show 90210 , i think one of the lyrics sounds like "get the horror in ya" but i think it might be aurora. I dont know but i need the name been bugging me for hours
    Any more info? What series/episode of Misfits etc?

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I don't want to start a new thread for it.

I am looking for the video of Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan performing "Girl from the North Country" on the Johnny Cash show, probably in 1969.

I have tried youtube, but the stupid amount of covers they have means that finding it is impossible.

I would love to find it for streaming if possible, hope someone can help! :) Thanks.
    Just need to scrub up on your google skills
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7193439177450371966#

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Just need to scrub up on your google skills
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7193439177450371966#

Yeah, found that, but it's not available! :( It tries to load but fails!

EDIT: Found a version that works, thouhg not as good quality as the one I wanted! :) thanks for the help cartwheel. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Andy101

Any more info? What series/episode of Misfits etc?

hey thanks i looked up misfits episodes and audio and found it ,its one of the sex scenes lol its called spanish sahara by foals
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaVE4WVlsDQ
    long song but is very good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaVE4WVlsDQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm looking for the name of the first album I got. It was a dancey album released in the early 90's. If I find this song i'll have a better chance of finding out the name of it.

It is a song which at the start had two women talking and one of them said "Would you like me to seduce you'', and I vaguely remember a phone ringing at the start. As I said early 90's.

Hope someone can help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

I'm looking for the name of the first album I got. It was a dancey album released in the early 90's. If I find this song i'll have a better chance of finding out the name of it.

It is a song which at the start had two women talking and one of them said "Would you like me to seduce you'', and I vaguely remember a phone ringing at the start. As I said early 90's.

Hope someone can help :)

Well the song is "Too Funky" by good ol' George Michael

Seems it was on this album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

teekayd25 wrote: »
    Well the song is "Too Funky" by good ol' George Michael

Seems it was on this album

That's the song. Cheers :)

That's now the album but how did you find out it was on that album?

Edit: Nevermind. I found this album. It was this bad boy. link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

hi guys

ive a vague memory of a song form a few years ago

lyrics went something like

little miss perfect was she worth it, a dangerous game she had to play

ive tried typing that in to youtube with no success, can anyone help me??

freyners wrote: »
    hi guys

ive a vague memory of a song form a few years ago

lyrics went something like

little miss perfect was she worth it, a dangerous game she had to play

ive tried typing that in to youtube with no success, can anyone help me??
    I hope it wasn't this.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I hope it wasn't this.......
    lyrics fit:o

but that isnt the version im looking for, a lot more fast paced than that

thanks tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I have heard this tune the last few days on Today FM. Its played by a man and a woman, its a bit of a dance/pop song. The lyrics go a bit like, 'ohhhh temptations, the music that we play.....'

Anyone know whats the name, I'd say its new enough as I've never heard it before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

anyone know the name of the pop tune on the radio a lot with the 'acid/ acid-house' sound at the start? cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Plug wrote: »
    I have heard this tune the last few days on Today FM. Its played by a man and a woman, its a bit of a dance/pop song. The lyrics go a bit like, 'ohhhh temptations, the music that we play.....'

Anyone know whats the name, I'd say its new enough as I've never heard it before.
    Found it.
    Chase And Status - Blind Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Plug wrote: »

Chase & Status, Blind Faith

edit: beaten to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

This might be a bit far out but heck, I'll give it a try.

Y'know the road safety ad/don't drink and drive ad that does the rounds, where there's a kid playing football in his garden and then a man ends up crashing into the garden and killing the child after drinking and driving. Well, if any of that makes any sense to anyone - does anyone know the name of the song? It always reminded me of Radiohead, but unless it's off one of the two albums I haven't obsessively listened to, then I doubt it's them. Anyone? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Slow Show wrote: »
    This might be a bit far out but heck, I'll give it a try.

Y'know the road safety ad/don't drink and drive ad that does the rounds, where there's a kid playing football in his garden and then a man ends up crashing into the garden and killing the child after drinking and driving. Well, if any of that makes any sense to anyone - does anyone know the name of the song? It always reminded me of Radiohead, but unless it's off one of the two albums I haven't obsessively listened to, then I doubt it's them. Anyone? :o

I wondered for years about that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Superbus wrote: »

I wondered for years about that song.

Wow, thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi All

I have a couple of lines of a song going around in my head for quite a while now and have tried both Google and Youtube without success. I even tried emailing one or two Dj's via radio web sites, but to no avail.

So I was wondering if anybody here would perhaps know the name of the song and maybe the artist. I did post this on here back in December and although I did get some responses, none pointed to the song I am looking for :(

I am just trying again as back in December the forum seemed fairly quiet, possibly due to being close to Christmas, so hopefully somebody can put me out of my misery.

What (I think) I remember of the lyrics go like this,
    2am in the morining and he hasn't found a friend, so on his way back home alone, tonight he'll do it again.

4 hot cups of coffee, light up another smoke, play a special request, tell them another joke. Hey there all night lovers, I hope everything's alright, there's a world of lonely people and daylight's not in sight

To the best of my recollection the song was sung by a male, and I think it was from around late 70's or early 80's. And I seem to remember that part that starts with "4 hot cups of coffee" being repeated 2 or 3 times in the song, so I reckon that this part is the chorus. Also I think the song might have been about a night time DJ.

If anybody could help with this I would very much appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 m1002272

Hi there, does anyone know what the song is on the football add on rte2 at the moment??

Its for live football coverage, possibly for the champions league!

thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 m1002272

Hi All

I have a couple of lines of a song going around in my head for quite a while now and have tried both Google and Youtube without success. I even tried emailing one or two Dj's via radio web sites, but to no avail.

So I was wondering if anybody here would perhaps know the name of the song and maybe the artist. I did post this on here back in December and although I did get some responses, none pointed to the song I am looking for :(

I am just trying again as back in December the forum seemed fairly quiet, possibly due to being close to Christmas, so hopefully somebody can put me out of my misery.

What (I think) I remember of the lyrics go like this,

To the best of my recollection the song was sung by a male, and I think it was from around late 70's or early 80's. And I seem to remember that part that starts with "4 hot cups of coffee" being repeated 2 or 3 times in the song, so I reckon that this part is the chorus. Also I think the song might have been about a night time DJ.

If anybody could help with this I would very much appreciate it.

I think this might me the song you were looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKUp3lrg-I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Song in the ad for ross kemp extreme worlds advert

It used to be the 02 songs years ago? it sounds like dj shadow/leftfield but i can fidn it

Advertisement