Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March Intake

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Congrats fefe for getting the call! Fingers crossed for as many as possible to be put out of their misery (in a good way!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

The people who make the calls most love that part of their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Great news fefe , remember folks that calls generally go out over 2 days ( I have known this to run into 3 days though ) , calls are not confined only to mornings and many people don't get a call - just a lovely big envelope.
    Hang in there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Just got the call! Delighted! Lady sai that it was the last intake but who knows...

Well done joe - aren't you from the South ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 luckyb123

Congrats Joe

What are your stats?

If this is the last intake I think I'm going to be sick everywhere.

RC 600-700 now feeling like I don't have a chance.

Where has everybody gone??

I'm dying here lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anay75

I got the call too!! Well I actually missed the call and got a voicemail. 28 attempts later I finally got through!!

• Advertisement

Congrats. What are your stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 numpty80

we are still here waiting :( oh it can't be last intake!

170-180 NRC
    the girl also told me it was last intake
    good luck everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Now I feel awful knowing it is the last intake.

Horrible horrible feeling. Those who got through can we have your stats please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Shampon you divil, you got the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Well done guys and gals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 HopefulPC

Literally went mad today waiting on a call. Praying for one tomorrow. Even more so now with this apparently being the last intake.

NRC 190-200. Please give me a ring!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Well done to everyone who got the call, have a good time at garnerville.

Everyone else still waiting like me- keep positive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Fingers Crossed

1986j wrote: »
    Now I feel awful knowing it is the last intake.

Horrible horrible feeling. Those who got through can we have your stats please
    So does that mean the rest of us who didn't get called today are stuffed if this is the last intake. Will we now get dear Johns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

What does that mean, the last intake. Does it mean people would have to re-apply.

I'm not sure, all I was told was that I would not be able to defer if I wanted to because it was the last intake.

• Advertisement

Im not sure what way things will pan out however I am hopful that there will be another couple of intakes, no one has informed me of this its just what I think will happen. Im sure there are people on the list who have been overlooked this time because of vetting or appeals and they in theory should be given a place but as I say this is only my opinion/thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

I don't know anything other than what goes on in my head, but would believe that there is no deferment because at this point they are unsure as to what will happen after march - but like many others I am hoping for one or two more intakes from current pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Congrats to all the lucky lassies and lads who got the call, best o' luck. battery on phone dead alllllllllllllllll day, typical :mad: to make it worse i dont have my voice mail activated.............. grrrrrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

How many times have we heard..... this is the last intake or no more recruitment in the past six months or so?

Maybe this time its true, I do hope not but I will be waiting on my dear John before even considering this. Maybe someone in recruitment will realise that they shouldn't waste the money they have already spent and decide we all get in..... dreams are good ;)

How many times have we heard..... this is the last intake or no more recruitment in the past six months or so?

Maybe this time its true, I do hope not but I will be waiting on my dear John before even considering this. Maybe someone in recruitment will realise that they shouldn't waste the money they have already spent and decide we all get in..... dreams are good ;)

Like your thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

I sooo want a call......... please, or at least a nice big envelope..... please, please, please....

shampon wrote: »

Ah well done shampon - put out of your agony at last , congratulations to you and all the others who got the call.

Delancey wrote: »
    Ah well done shampon - put out of your agony at last , congratulations to you and all the others who got the call.

Thanks Man... :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SFiFiG

woooo got the call - too exciting!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

shampon wrote: »
    No. Way.

NO WAY!

NO WAY!

G'wan G'wan G'wan yeh good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 stephenkav

Got the call yesterday:D:D Still in shock as about an hour beforehand got a call from private no. that turned out to be the bank, near flipped out and was cursing my wishful thinking. Then lo and behold get the magic call later. Lady on the phone must have thought I was some goon with my stuttery reply. Been stalkin this board for over a year now, don't post much but find it so helpfull. Just want to say thanks to psni, delancy and all the regulars for sharin the torture that is the process. See all you lucky kids there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mal4893

The party has started and the rest of us still wait! This next month will prove to be the longest and worst month in the recrutting history for those who are still waiting! Fefe hope you will find time to stick an up date on the "list" on who got in this month for the rest of us still here as it's a good insight how things is going and how near some of us got lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

will do a wee update at some point this evening or tomorrow - once I see who all from the boards has got in! ;)

psni wrote: »
    No. Way.

NO WAY!

NO WAY!

G'wan G'wan G'wan yeh good thing!

I KNOW RIGHT :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tino77

Hello Everyone,

First time poster but long time follower. Does anyone know if calls are going out today? I see they tend to go out over two days but haven't heard anything from anyone today! Just dying to be put out of my misery here!

Anyone?!?!? Going out of my mind here! Though I dare say I'm not the only one.........

tino77 wrote: »
    Anyone?!?!? Going out of my mind here! Though I dare say I'm not the only one.........

I would fully expect more calls today and remember that some people are informed via post.

Last time I think the calls went out on Tues and Thurs.

I think these past two days have been the worst ever for me stress wise, and that includes studying for my degree finals.

My merit number is 600-700 and my vetting cleared in Dec.

I stupidly got my hopes up because someone with this approximate merit number got in the Feb intake.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get a call this time.

As a NRC in the 280 - 300 bracket im not holding my breath that i will hear anything. Lets hope its not the end of the road for C16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 numpty80

you are not on your own

im rc 500-520 vetting just cleared a week or so ago

im sitting here almost crying ( yes I am a girl!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 king_eric

Upon seeing the post, I called recruitment this morning and was told that March is the last intake as 50/50 recruitment is ending and they can't continue with recruitment. She also said that it will be 2 more years before another campaign. Gutted if this is the case.

Doesnt seem like anyone has got an envelope/call today. Maybe the calls will go out tomorrow like last time.

I have a wee voice in my head telling me to ring them and find out if I'm in or not.

Anyone ever heard of someone doing that before?

king_eric wrote: »
    Upon seeing the post, I called recruitment this morning and was told that March is the last intake as 50/50 recruitment is ending and they can't continue with recruitment. She also said that it will be 2 more years before another campaign. Gutted if this is the case.

She BETTER be wrong! :(

Talking from an optimistic view I don't think anyone knows with any certainty that March will be the last intake. I see that some folks were told they couldn't defer but doesn't this make sense if March is the last confirmed intake? Also how do people know their vetting has cleared? How long does it normally take? Does it depend on how many things that the psni may need to look into?

thanks in advance

RE: vetting.

You can ask them via email, though they dont like you to.

• Advertisement

Nobody can say with certainty that 50/50 ends in March , it is due to end and the Secretary of State has said he is '' not minded '' to continue with it , having said that it should be noted that a consultation period on whether to extend 50/50 or not has only just ended.
    There is considerable pressure to end 50/50 but there is also a lot of pressure to continue it past March - time will tell.

My own personal guess is that 50/50 as we know it will end but will probably be replaced by some other mechanism to ensure RC representation is maintained.

tino77 wrote: »
    Also how do people know their vetting has cleared? How long does it normally take? Does it depend on how many things that the psni may need to look into?

thanks in advance

Think I looked into this and thought that it appeared to take about 6 months for vetting to go through - this was just from info provided on fefe5's list so may or may not be accurate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Thanks Del, bit of hope, order and positivity has being restored. appreciated

Thanks for the info folks! I've been reading this board on and off for the past few months and just recently started posting, don't know if it helps your sanity or makes things worse!

I see that calls went out yesterday but haven't heard of any today. Looking at the thread for the feb intake it appears that calls went out over 3 days or maybe 1 day calls, next day no calls and calls the day after. Can anyone offer any clarity?

As for my own position medical passed and vetting sent away but can't think of anything that would require further scrutiny though i doubt i'm alone in that regard!

cheers

Evening all, I couldnt resist phoning today so that I could here it from the horses mouth that this was the last intake, as it seems it is, and also the lady told me that anyone who would be making it into the march squad has already been informed. So if any have decent merit numbers you could still get the pack but no more calls aparently.

This is a major let down for me but im like everyone else am going to have to take it on the chin and be somewhat happy in the knowledge that the police arent going away and will need to recruit again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement