Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in karma?

Options
  • 09-02-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend is a firm believer in the aul "what goes around comes around" i'm not really into it myself. So what do AH think of karma? Think that if you're a bad person bad things will happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Yes I do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

My girlfriend is a firm believer in the aul "what goes around comes around" i'm not really into it myself. So what do AH think of karma? Think that if you're a bad person bad things will happen?

I have seen the forces of Karma first hand and by god I do believe in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Khyra24

Yes I believe in karma. You don't have to be a bad person for bad things to happen to you though. If you do something bad to someone, you will definitely get bitten back in the arse one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

If I'm nice to people, and they're nice back, or vice versa, I think it's fairly obvious why, so why would karma come into it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Now iv got the song 'Karma Chameleon' stuck in my head...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

all depends OP

good girls like bad boys, but bad girls don't like good boys;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Now iv got the song 'Karma Chameleon' stuck in my head...:rolleyes:

Aarrrgghhh, now I do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

I think if you look at the amount of hugely successful evil people in history its pretty much bulls**t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

Instant Karma's gonna get ya

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

If I'm nice to people, and they're nice back, or vice versa, I think it's fairly obvious why, so why would karma come into it imo.
    Well I don't know the reason for karma, you have the same opinion to me I don't really see how karma is involved. Just asking to see if those believe in it and why

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Whether you're a 'good' person or a 'bad' person bad things will happen regardless.
    Calling it karma is just putting a handy name on it.
    I believe things happen for a reason, but a lot of the time I can't figure out what that reason is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If you believe in Karma you're a bloody dummy! Explain Karma to a starving child in Africa. Or the mother of a baby who died at birth. "It's ok, your child died, but karma will make sure something good happens to the kid to balance it out!"

Another thing that gets on my wick is people who will say they believe in God and Jesus.... but then give the old Karma a whirl as well. They're both completely contradictory!

There's no such thing as Karma. Good sh*t happens, bad sh*t happens, that's that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

My local Indian does a great Karma

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ok.... so what did I do wrong to justify ... my car dying on me (I suspect alternator), my phone dying on me - its a month old and not holding a charge ....and in general my day ruined.

and in the last few weeks I've had the clutch go on me in my car (at 4.30am on the way to a job - costing me €650 to replace ...not to mention the cost of the taxi to the job and hire car for the few days while car was being fixed)

Also - what did I do to deserve such a crappy couple of weeks - since the start of January - its been depressing news after depressing news.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    ok.... so what did I do wrong to justify ... my car dying on me (I suspect alternator), my phone dying on me - its a month old and not holding a charge ....and in general my day ruined.

and in the last few weeks I've had the clutch go on me in my car (at 4.30am on the way to a job - costing me €650 to replace ...not to mention the cost of the taxi to the job and hire car for the few days while car was being fixed)

Also - what did I do to deserve such a crappy couple of weeks - since the start of January - its been depressing news after depressing news.
    Were you abusive to your car and phone?;)

Also, Karma only exists in girls' Facebook statuses when they hear something happened to a girl they don't like or their ex boyfriend.

"Oh, wat goez round cums round, karma is a bitch!" etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

PCPhoto wrote: »

You must have stepped on a spider ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Karma is real!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Also, Karma only exists in girls' Facebook statuses when they hear something happened to a girl they don't like or their ex boyfriend.

"Oh, wat goez round cums round, karma is a bitch!" etc etc.
    Absolutely SICK of seeing that!!

Karma is real!

Thanks for that comprehensive scientifically proven bombshell!

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Don't believe in it.

Sh!t happens.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Khyra24

K you're right...**** happens no matter how good or bad of a person you are. Actually, Adolf Hitler was evil yet nothing ever happened to him (except for having one ballsack) so feck it, I don't believe in karma anymore! I'm becoming evil, they get the best of everything.

The best "example" I heard was Hitler was bad and karma got him! Eh no he lost the war and shot himself, surely "karma" would want him to suffer :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The two have nothing to do with each other. Which one are you asking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sure I do, great nightclub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Yep. Made a reply to him/her in the politics forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Funkie

Yes and no...

bluewolf wrote: »
    The two have nothing to do with each other. Which one are you asking about?
    That's generally what karma is, if your bad, bad things will come back to you and the same for good. That's why it's what goes around comes around

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That's generally what karma is, if your bad, bad things will come back to you and the same for good. That's why it's what goes around comes around

No, it isnt. It's a bastardised western version of karma, but that's not it.

I don't know why I bother

Advertisement