Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

/dev/random/

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

TheManWho wrote: »
    Craig Ferguson did a Doctor Who special the other night, which included Matt Smiths american tv debut

Apparently this wasn't aired because of music rights.

EDIT: On viewing the first minute of the first video, yeah. That's exactly what happened :P But they managed to get it online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

^^^ Love it :D^^^

Although, Matt if you're reading this? V-Neck sweaters are not your friend.... take it off, there's a good man ;)

I know, right?! :eek: That neck-line was feckin' non-existant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I really, really, really don't get US chat shows.

http://io9.com/5707357/scientists-working-on-developing-a-real+life-sonic-screwdriver
    A British scientist with the charming name of Professor Drinkwater is attempting to create an actual sonic screwdriver.

According to a press release from Bristol University, Professor of Ultrasonics Bruce Drinkwater is doing experiments to try and create a sonic screwdriver in real life:
    The technology is already being trialled in modern manufacturing to fix parts together and ultrasonic force fields are being developed within the medical field to separate diseased cells from healthy cells. Professor Drinkwater and The Big Bang team are now exploring whether super powerful versions of these sound beams could bring Doctor Who's iconic device to life. ...
    Engineers are looking into how ultrasonic waves can be spun at high speed to create a twisting force similar to that of a miniature tornado, which could undo screws remotely. They have also experimented with rotating ultrasonic force fields which would act like the head of a real screwdriver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I hope they don't make it. I'll miss old fashioned gadgets like door handles and keyboards and mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

139971.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

bpJzIyi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

pidoctorsextended.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,148 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I don't get it...

[awaits facepalm]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Sleepy wrote: »
    I don't get it...

[awaits facepalm]

Consider the numbers of each Doctor in the sequence, and the black circle is not there by any mistake....
    It's as easy as pi

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

cython wrote: »
    Consider the numbers of each Doctor in the sequence, and the black circle is not there by any mistake....
    It's as easy as pi

Just got it, how obscure but awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

But does tennant represent 10 or just 0?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

flazio wrote: »
    But does tennant represent 10 or just 0?

I'd say he represents "0". You'd need roughly twice as many decimal places before you'd get to the first "...10..." in pi. :p

QXmJS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,148 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

cython wrote: »
    It's as easy as pi
    That's so geeky I'm not sure whether I'm dissapointed or relieved I didn't get it tbh!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It_Came_Out_Of_NowherevwxDetail.png

Obviously just a police box and not a Tardis because a car crashing into the Tardis wouldn't even leave a paint mark on the door, never mind denting the door in.

• Advertisement

4.jpg

More here

Super awesome fan made trailer, I love the editing of the pictures and especially of Murray Gold's music.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

flazio wrote: »
    Obviously just a police box and not a Tardis because a car crashing into the Tardis wouldn't even leave a paint mark on the door, never mind denting the door in.

Uh... you realise what car that is right?

tXwHP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

just thought you lot might want to check this out. at the most its gonna cost you just under €12.

for a discount on it if your going to get it type in QwerteeLovesMe when the discount box appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Put my vote in. Hopefully I won't miss the window to actually buy it. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

well i'm keeping an eye on it so i'll post here as soon as it appears.

Uh... you realise what car that is right?

Of course I do, it's a car that is capable of travelling to the exact same point in space in any time it chooses. It is susceptible to lightning, Indians and time.
    The Tardis is a vessel capable of travelling anywhere in time or space and is virtually indestructible. If the hoards of Ghegis Kahn aren't able to penetrate those doors then a simple time machine won't be able to either.

Bacon Zombie which novel is that? I usually collect those stories on audio so I'll look forward to whoever puts their voice to that phrase, (maybe even record the sound bite)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

It's in The Glamour Chase

• Advertisement

Advertisement