Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to contact Rainbow Support Services in Limerick

Options
  • 21-01-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

HI,
    I have been trying to contact the Rainbow Support Services in Limerick, there web-page wont open and their phone number (061468611) will not connect.
    Are they still in existance?
    Does anyone know what the story is with them or how to contact them (preferably by phone)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I don't know whether they are still going, but they have a facebook page which seems to be still active. Maybe send them a message and see if they reply?

Sorry I can't give you the link (the right click button on my laptop is broken so I can't copy and paste) but search for 'Rainbow Drop-In'..........

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Thanks for that Rainbowdrop!
    Unfortunatly I am unable to access facebook from the work computers.

By the way if the mouse is broken on the keyboard Ctrl+c Copies and Ctrl+v pastes, Ctrl+a selects all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Thanks for that..... As you can tell, I'm an absolute dynamo with computers NOT!!

I'll probably be in Limerick on Monday, I'll see if their offices are still open if you want? It would be a shame if they're closed, they were very helpful to me a few years ago when I was having a hard time with my sexuality........

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

OP here are their details from their facebook page.
    Basic Information
    About Rainbow Where?
    Rainbow Support Services, 1st Floor, Foxes Bow, William St., Limerick
    When?
    Every Fri evening 7.30-9.30pm.
    What do we offer?
    Visit us and find out ;-)!

RSS Drop-In is volunteer run and staffed as part of Rainbow Support Services at Foxes Bow, William Street, Limerick City. We are continually seeking new volunteers, training is usually held biannually, commencing in March and October.
    Interested in Men and women
    Contact Information
    Phone
    61310101(Mobile)
    Address
    Rainbow Support Services, 1st Floor(Above Brightside), Foxes Bow, William Street, Limerick
    Limerick, Ireland IRL
    Website
    http://www.rainbowsupportservices.org
    http://www.bebo.com/RainbowDropIn
    Facebook facebook.com/rainbowdropin

Thanks for the information cee_jay.
    I will try the number you have there. I am just after information on counsellors they may have contact with that are experienced in dealing with lesbian couples.
    Thanks for the offer Rainbowdrop. Its all grand Im sure I will track them down! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

They had to leave their premises in Leamy House as they couldn't afford the rent. That's probably why their phone number didn't answer as theyre in Foxes Bow now. Think the financial problems there are very serious.

Cheers for that Freiheit.
    My GF had read somewhere about their funding being pulled sometime last year. I see that the myspace page has an alternate number to the one I tried so I will give that a go tomorrow.

Your welcome, their services while never particularily deep are wafer thin now, but no doubt they will have contacts...If you don't have joy drop me a p.m. as I know of 2 or 3 people who might be of use to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abydos6

my name is abydos6 here on the boards and I work with Rainbow, I'd just like to say that the rumours of our demise are premature and while we, as many other groups that rely on funding and the graciousness of the community do from time to time experience financial difficulties we are still holding our heads above water and there for you.

I'm sorry if anyone has had issues with getting through to us, we are still up and running and are now located on Foxes Bow, just up the alley behind Darkside and just beside shades of beauty.

We can be contacted using 061 310101, our website is down at the moment and under reconstruction, you can e-mail us at rainbowlmk@eircom.net. We still run the women's group, well two, one in limerick and one in ennis, we are employing a new youth officer, we also run a trans group and offer counselling.

We're open from 9 - 5 on Monday through to Thursday, and our lunch hour is between 1 - 2 pm, we are NOT open on Fridays. Our Helpline operates on a Tuesday night and we're part of the National Helpline.

Please feel free to contact us, we'd be only too glad to answer any of your questions and help you out if we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cocobear

There web site hasn't worked for about the last 4 years
    Whoever is in charge should be ashamed

• Advertisement

To say they should be ashamed is extremely over simplistic. They have almost ceased to exist the past 4 years, having been virtually washed away by the economic depression, rents, donation, investment. A few months ago they existed only the form of one single person, office sharing in the Red Ribbon Project, and I'm not sure if they are even paid. So don't be so rash in your judgment, examine the facts.

Advertisement