Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dont stop believing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

I wasn't feeling great in the morning but shrugged it off.My daughter was doing an irish poem at a feis in oranmore so we toddled off to that and it was great to see all the kids saying their poems up on stage without a bother in the world.got dropped off in craughwell.took a very nice stroll down to the start.i don't do any stretching before i run so i waited for the off.i didn't have a watch so i just started off at my usual slow place.i knew i was at the rear so i when loads more people passed me out i presumed i was right at the back.my six year old daughter was shocked when i told her i hadn't a chance of coming first.she pleaded with me not to come last.i said i would not allow anyone else past me.i knew i was going a small bit faster that i usually do.i hit the 5 mile marker in exactly 46 and i felt good.i said if i still felt good at 7 i'd try and go a bit faster.at mile 7 i abandoned a lad i'd been running next to from mile 3 and i really gave it everything in the last three miles.i passed out a good few people and after a serios stitch i came home 1.29 which i was delighted with.i enjoed some tea and sandwiches and headed home.then i started feeling unwell.started shivering and then vomiting for the evening and night.my daughter had a vomiting bug last week and i got it.just coming round now.anyway really enjoyed the race but i'm absolutely wrecked.

gave the running a break for the last while.over four weeks off.im still playin soccer but i had a lot of easter eggs and alot of beer and burgers.i'm back at 15 stone and one ounce which is where i started in january.i'm a lot fitter but the weight needs to come down.so i went out for two miles last friday five on sunday and two tonight.really enjoyed the run on sunday.lovely warm weather and i started thinking about what i wanted to get out of running.so first of all i want to run a half marathon in under 2 hours in 2010.secondly i would like to finish a marathon next year in under 4 hours.thirdly i would like to get down to 13 stone by that marathon through exercise and a balanced diet.these are achievable aims for me.ive done a half marathon in 2h013mins i think.it was three years ago.i did the marathon in 4h 55 mins so id have to take an hour off that time.it feels like im starting all over again."don't stop believing";)

Ive been getting out for a good few runs again lately and i'm really enjoying them.i'm going to enter the galway half marathon on the 29th of august.so for the rest of the month i'm going to do some gentle running and then on the 1st of june i'm going to start the hal higdon 12 week half marathon plan.

I have started the Hal Higdon intermediate half marathon plan.I'm going to stick with it all the way.Did the 3 mile on tuesday evening on a hill circuit around Craughwell.I'ts a fabulous route to do a run.No cars only trees and birds singing and lovely blue skies.Got up early on wednesday and did 5 *400m as fast as i could before work.Didn't enjoy this at all but it was a nice morning.Tonight i did the 3 mile hilly route and it was glorious again.It is such a difference to be running in the daylight at 9.30pm instaed of a cold bleak and dark january at 6pm.The plan is to do a half marathon in under 2 hours on the 29th of august.If i keep writing it down here I'll start believing it.

I did the three miles on saturday 5 miles on monday and three miles tonight.1 week down eleven to go on hte hal higdon intermediate half plan.i really enjoyed the five mile run in the rain yesterday.very refreshing.

It's been a while since i've updated this log. I've been busy. I got married and i moved to kerry.i eat alot of lovely food and enjoyed the hysteria surrounding weddings to the max.basically i turned into a lazy lazy man.so now I'm back.I aimed too high in 2010.I'm playing soccer once a week and I've joined a gym for the last month. I've started doing the threadmill and cross trainer and swimming and some weights.I'm still at around the 15 stone mark which is just too much to be carrying around if i want to get a bit quicker.So anyway i'm setting my goals down early for 2011.
    1. run a half marathon in under 2 hours
    2.run the Dublin marathon in under 4 hours

So i've two main goals.to achieve this i'd like to get down to a bit under 14 stone.also i'd like to get close to the 1000 miles for the year.

So i started.7 kilometers in 39.47 on the threadmill.really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Thats great, you are back into it now. I think it is easier to get started before christmas than puttng it off til new year (at very least there is some room in gym at moment as opposed to in Jan...:D)
    And for me it means I may not put on as much weight over xmas, or at least may notfeel as guilty about all the eating if we are working out too.
    Keep it up and good luck.

8 kilometers in 45.56. delighted.also some other exercises.

great xmas. 3 miles tonight and lots of stetches and soe pushups and situps

• Advertisement

3 miles and then 24 lenghts of the pool.looking forward to a good year in 2011.

just under 4 miles in 35 minutes.back on the road.

did the same route as last night,around 4 miles in the lashing rain and wind.flew off at the start and nearly died at the end.did it a couple of minutes faster though.

did three miles tonight.really enjoying getting back into it.

did over four miles tonight.it was hard to get out the door but it was worth it.went very slow tonight.i am feeling tired.i wont go again til sunday

4 miles.lovely evening.very slow run but i was tired.played 18 holes of golf and went for a walk so im wrecked now.

• Advertisement

Did just under 4 miles tonight.I've been measuring my runs on mapmyrun.I had a great run tonight.Really enjoyed it.Plan is to lose a few pounds and start hal higdons intermediate half marathon next week.

Did 7km in the gym in 38.36.My winter membership in the gym is up next week.I have ordered a Garmin 305 today from Amazon and should have it next week at some stage.Looking forward to more accurate distance and time measuring.Starting a 12 week half marathon training schedual next week for the Ballybunion half marathon on April 23rd

Did just over five miles this morning.It was foggy but most of the run was on the beach.It was a nice change from the roads.

First day of the hh intermediate half marathon plan.the garmin arrived in the post today.3.57 miles in 35 minutes.avg pace 9.49.delighted to be started but it was an awful run.felt tired and was looking at the new gadget.

did the 5*400m and another mile.felt better than last night.

• Advertisement

I felt stiff after last nights run.Went out for three miles tonight.3 miles in 27.18.the garmin is keeping me honest.need to keep the pace below 9 minutes for all my runs.

5.54 miles in 54.45 mins. It was the first long run in my half marathon training.It was a lovely run.Did two miles of it on the beach.My planned half marathon pace is 8.45 to 9 minute miles.I did this at between 9.38 and 10.13.It was a lovely run .I really enjoyed it.Having the watch is a real advantage.it's nice to keep track of my pace and distance.

3 miles in 26:29. 56 miles for the month.delighted

Tempo run tonight.Tried to do a 10 minute mile followed by a 9 minute mile followed by an 8 minute mile. So I did the first mile in exactly 10 mins,the second in 9.09 and the third in 7.39 followed by a half a mile home at a gentle pace.After a few more weeks I'm hoping to go a lot faster but for now I'm happy with the third mile because it was tough going.The watch was a great help.I did some stretching afterwards and went for a brisk walk.

3 miles in 28.26.nice easy run.legs sore now.the front of my thighs are aching.

6 miles in 1 hour and 40 seconds. Did all the miles between 9.43 and and 10.37. I felt crap during most of the run.My legs are tired.I had to do the this weeks long run because i'm away for the weekend.Fairly pissed off with running at the moment so i'm glad for the break.The wind and rain tonight was mental.

.3.35 miles in 28.32. Did the miles in 9.06, 8.25, 8.25. I enjoyed it.I went faster than i normally do and it went fine.

was supposed to do 6*400m last night but went playing astroturf instead.i was flying.my fitness has really improved in the last month.so i went out tonight and said i'd go as fast as i can.did three miles in 7.41, 7.34 and 7.47.delighted with it.i think it could be my best run ever.3 miles in 23.09:D:D

3 runs of 3.5 miles in the last week.ive been keeping all my miles a bit faster than usual which i'm delighted with.fastest mile was 7.38 and slowest was 9.21.was sick last week so im getting back into it.2 months to the ballybunion half marathon.

5.9 miles in 48.40.pace 8.20.delighted with that.

• Advertisement

4.63 miles in 39.03. average pace is 8.25.really enjoyed the run.just under 37 miles fro february.i need to up the mileage for the month of march and april.still im happy with my running.im getting faster all the time.average pace for all my runs is 8.30.if i can do the half on the 23rd of april in ynder 2 hours i'll be over the moon and ready for a few more races and hopefully a crack the dublin marathon.i've been here before though.usually i start getting lazy and distracted from running when the summer kicks in.i'm fairly confused to what pace i should be running at but seems all good at the moment.

Played astroturf for an hour last night. I went for a fast 3 miles tonight.It's not on any plan but basically i go out the front door and run hard for 3 miles.I will try to beat the time every week.this is my weekly speed run.I felt a bit of a fool doing sprints on the side of the road so this is from now on.miles went 7.27, 7.33, 7.40.felt okay after it so i know that there is room for improvement next week.did a half mile home warm down.running three miles fast like that in a row can only bring me on.

7 and a half miles long slow run. over 1 hour 20 mins. it was a bit slow but i felt really comfortable.I could have easily done a few more. plan to do a few more runs before the weekend and 8 mile long run saturday

3.26 miles.first two in under 8 mins and the third in 9.45.very windy and i died on the third mile.crappy aul run.wrecked after it.

4.31 miles in 39.22. average pace was 9.11. it was not a great run.felt very sluggish.hopefully the long run tomorrow will be better than the last couple of runs.

`did 8.43 miles on saturday.went running with two fast lads.kept with them for a while but it was two hard. 1hr 1o mins.greattime for me.tough going

4.37 in 37.17.avg pace 8.32. lovely evening for a run.nice and crisp.went up a staeady hill about a mile long.enjoyed the run

7.82 in 86 mins.not great.very slow run but enjoyed and felt fresh as a daisy after it.saturday morning run.jeez it was lovely.

4.55 miles in 36.58.average pace 8.08.felt good during the run.can i do 13.1 miles in under 2 hours? i hope so.

• Advertisement

Took a week off but got back into it last week.4.15 miles on thursday and 11. 5 miles on saturday.total for both was 15.66 miles in 2.18.(forgot to clear the data on the watch on thursday)nice long run.

I did three miles monday, 4 miles Tuesday and 6 miles Thursday. Must do a long run today or tomorrow before half next Saturday. average pace for all the runs was around 8.35.

I did 12.45 miles in 1.52 minutes.it was a long slow run all right.it gives me a lot of confidence for the ballybunion half on next saturday.i had to slow myself down a couple of times but i was wrecked at the end.the last mile was uphill torture but i did it and i'm delighted.a nice easy week and then the half. i was nearly blinded by salty sweat in my eyes.very sore.feet up now

I did the Ballybunion half in 1hr 56.delighted.had to walk for about a half a mile.my legs were really tired.It was a tough and windy.Great sunny day and a long celebration afterwards

I completely forgot I had started this Log. Unreal reading it again. I completed the Cork Marathon last weekend. Did it in 4:21. I was hoping for a sub 4 but it didn't work out on the day. My right thigh burned up on me at mile 16 and I had to walk run home from then on. I struggled badly but I was so delighted to finish. I had previously done a marathon in 2007 in 4:56. So as a 37 year old I have knocked 35 minutes off the time. In the last 6 months I have done 2 half marathons in 1:48 and 1:44 so I was hoping for better. I have entered Dublin and I am going to follow an online plan starting on the 24th
    https://www.halhigdon.com/training-programs/marathon-training/intermediate-1-marathon/

I won't worry too much if I don't finish in under four. Currently after following this plan I am close to being the fittest I have ever been so I will just power on and enjoy the running as best I can.

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/training/marathon/a760131/rws-ultimate-marathon-schedule-sub-400/

Advertisement