Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

have a look at mine

Options
  • 09-01-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

www.southsafe.ie

Be gentle I'm sensitive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Home Page text is far too big
    Sentences are too long and gramatically not great. How about:

"Southsafe Training & Consultancy, established in 2004, have assisted many companies through out the country organising their health and safety policies and arrangements. We ensure they are compliant with legislation, such as the 'Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005' and 'The Genreal application Regulations 2007' which are applicable to every place of business in Ireland".

Training
    Southsafe Training & Consultancy offers a wide variety of training courses. These can be held at your premesis or at any of our training centers located through out the Ireland.

Consultancy
    Southsafe Training & Consultancy provide consultants on a one to one basis. Our comprehensive Consultancy Services include advising customers on their legislative requirements, assisting customers with statutory documentation such as Safety Statements, Method Statements, Safety & Health Plans, Safety Files etc.

I haven't gone through the rest of the site but the other pages have the same problems of large text and poor sentence structure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Using Flash is a bad idea, it rarely works for sites like these
    Animation in the header is a bad idea, it distracts
    Don't use frames for lots of reasons
    Don't use tables for layout/use a better site builder
    Don't disable right-clicking, however that has happened, it's annoying
    No contact form

Logo should lose some of the effects, they overcomplicate
    Could do with references/endorsements from happy clients, case studies

There are way too many bad practices at play here and it's a real pity because the content you have has potential in the hands of the right person using the right tools to develop your web presence.

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Thanks folks, Its up with a year now and I am thinking of changing it around. Will take it on board.

Advertisement