Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DID sale extra 11% off

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

What the hell is a sammy is that a sumsung from north karea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Do you know if they are giving 2/3 3D glasses with the set? If not, the total cost would be well above 1300..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I don't want to be thread spoiling but this tv is meant to have problems with screen burn. There is a thread on avforums about this tv. Just do a but if research before purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

I had my eye on a 32" Philips TV before Christmas. It was 800euro reduced to750 euro. I went into DID after Christmas and they had the same TV priced at 760euro marked down from 960euro.
    Whats thats about!!
    I see they now have it at 676euro which is a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭jamesd

I have one of them, fine tv and great picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

any one have any opions or expierance with this one

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-14-50PK350

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Excludes Miele and Apple products.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Frank11 wrote: »
    I had my eye on a 32" Philips TV before Christmas. It was 800euro reduced to750 euro. I went into DID after Christmas and they had the same TV priced at 760euro marked down from 960euro.
    Whats thats about!!
    I see they now have it at 676euro which is a good price

Bought a TV and camera from them one weekend when they had a 10% sale off.

Went back the following weekend, when they had an 11% Sale off, both items I had purchased were slightly (€3/4 approx) more expensive.

Been back for later sales, both items are still about the same as I paid, so the "sale" price seems to be the normal price

Now I was happy with the price I paid, and since I do not monitor the prices regularly, I am sure they were at the higher prices on the weekends I did not go to the store...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,011 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What the hell is a sammy is that a sumsung from north karea ?
    No, it's a somsing from south uarea....

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

positron wrote: »
    Do you know if they are giving 2/3 3D glasses with the set? If not, the total cost would be well above 1300..

After a lot of thought since before christmas I bought the 50" 3d
    With 2 extra sets of glasses (total 3 pairs) it comes to €1102. This is cheaper than the original price of €1299. Very good value.

@ fish fingers There have been some issues with the sets making some humming noise and a bit of image retention (not screen burn). The general consensus from AV forums is that its not major and is by no means affecting all sets. All plasma and lcd tv's have issues in some respect.
    The tv's I've seen working have all been excellent in 2d and 3d. The experts seem to think plasma is best for 3d.

My advice is to take a long look at the tv working in both modes then choose, but at €1100 for tv and 3 sets of glasses blu ray player and the shrek collection I just couldn't stop myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Excludes Miele and Apple products.

Yet if you click on the iMac or Macbook it shows the 11% off. Both out of stock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Got €250 worth of one4all vouchers and want to buy a laptop, anyone think this is a decent deal:

http://www.did.ie/Product/ACER-500GB-156andquot-21GHZ-AMD-LXPWK02143/18464/377

Annoyingly you can't use the vouchers in PC World/Curries so DID seems my best bet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

http://www.powercity.ie/?brands=SAMSUNG&pages=1&par=10-10

Ordered this for collection in a few days. Good price for B&M store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dcmraad

Bought a TV and camera from them one weekend when they had a 10% sale off.

Went back the following weekend, when they had an 11% Sale off, both items I had purchased were slightly (€3/4 approx) more expensive.

Been back for later sales, both items are still about the same as I paid, so the "sale" price seems to be the normal price

Now I was happy with the price I paid, and since I do not monitor the prices regularly, I am sure they were at the higher prices on the weekends I did not go to the store...

Same here.

Bought a new celeron t3300 laptop for €399 in powercity, 2 weeks later on sale it was €440, DID had it for 470euro, but were not able to price match. Why offer price match if you cannot match it.

I cannot see DID lasting much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Yep, they used to buy the solid no.2 behind power city in terms of pricing but recently Currys are making a good effort and if you actually go to a Harvey Norman store you'll see they often out-gun all of them too on some items, despite what their website shows(Saw a Samsung 40C650 there for €750). Tis a shame but it took a real recession to make them all actually competitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Bought a dishwasher in DID on Thursday, delivered on Friday. Asked at the time if price would be reduced further. Was told not that he was aware of.

Two days later it is €50 cheaper in the 11% sale.
    Do you think they will honour their "refund 200% of the deference offer" seeing as I have found it cheaper (albeit in their own store!)

Actually I don't want 200% of the difference but wouldn't mind the €50 reduction so I don't feel as conned as I do! (I know it's not a con so maybe I just feel stupid) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

thanks OP
    got a Samsung UE40C5100 tv for my dad for €610 cos of this, best price I had before was pixmania €630 + whatever their pickup cost is. much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

good stuff, seems like DID are the best around at the moment for offers and deals

Advertisement