Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

made homeless and no one can help

Options
  • 01-01-2011 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

To whom it may concern

I my pregnant wife, my 2 year old daughter all live in co carlow and WE are renting a council house which is on a RAZ Schem

Due to the big freeze here we were made homeless due to flooding in our home. The house is unliveable no toilets no water no ceiling and the upstairs is at risk of falling down.

I and asked the council to help re-house us on Wednesday. They offered us one house that was previously flooded but just had a paint job but had no furniture and no heat, the second was flooded.

I went to ask if I could get emergency rent allowance but I was told that as we are council we are not entitled to any. if I leave the house I would be given no help and as it stood we had a house and been offered a house even though it had no heat or beds so we would not be getting rent allowance or help.

Last night after begging to be helped we were told we could have a key for a house nearby with beds and fully furnished. This house will most likely be a house we will live in permanently however as of yet landlord property management and council are ignoring all calls I give them.

TONIGHT WE ARE HOMELESS. WE REALLY ARE HOMELESS.

Today is Saturday and no one has shown any interest in helping us. We don’t have any money for B&B with my wife heavily pregnant I thought the council would have shown some compassion. We could be helped but it would seem there was no room at the council inn.

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE ADVISE US??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Maybe try and ring the SVDP and see if they can put you up

there's a number for a hostel in carlow ran by them it's for men only but thye might be able to put you in touch with the right people

Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
    Monastery Hostel, Dublin Road, Carlow
    05991-40322

or maybe the south east simon community might be able to help

worth a call

South East Simon Community (Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford)
    Tel. 051 874 838 Email: sesimon@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

ntlbell wrote: »
    Maybe try and ring the SVDP and see if they can put you up

there's a number for a hostel in carlow ran by them it's for men only but thye might be able to put you in touch with the right people

Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
    Monastery Hostel, Dublin Road, Carlow
    05991-40322

or maybe the south east simon community might be able to help

worth a call

South East Simon Community (Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford)
    Tel. 051 874 838 Email: sesimon@eircom.net

Just rang them and no one there on answer phone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Just rang them and no one there on answer phone

This is an emergency number for them it's a mobile you should get an answer here

086 1205476

(simon community)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭insight_man

tonyheaney wrote: »
    To whom it may concern

I my pregnant wife, my 2 year old daughter all live in co carlow and WE are renting a council house which is on a RAZ Schem

Due to the big freeze here we were made homeless due to flooding in our home. The house is unliveable no toilets no water no ceiling and the upstairs is at risk of falling down.

I and asked the council to help re-house us on Wednesday. They offered us one house that was previously flooded but just had a paint job but had no furniture and no heat, the second was flooded.

I went to ask if I could get emergency rent allowance but I was told that as we are council we are not entitled to any. if I leave the house I would be given no help and as it stood we had a house and been offered a house even though it had no heat or beds so we would not be getting rent allowance or help.

Last night after begging to be helped we were told we could have a key for a house nearby with beds and fully furnished. This house will most likely be a house we will live in permanently however as of yet landlord property management and council are ignoring all calls I give them.

TONIGHT WE ARE HOMELESS. WE REALLY ARE HOMELESS.

Today is Saturday and no one has shown any interest in helping us. We don’t have any money for B&B with my wife heavily pregnant I thought the council would have shown some compassion. We could be helped but it would seem there was no room at the council inn.

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE ADVISE US??

A disgraceful situation. Go to your local councillors for help. Thats what they are there for. The SF reps have a good record around the country so try them or else the new government people on council ie Lab and Fg. They should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

So what happened? Did you get looked after??

• Advertisement
Advertisement