Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroin found in RTÉ, claims The Sun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

wouldn't pay any attention to anything thats said in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

those winning streak contestants starting the high life promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ferguso wrote: »
    I don't...just like it.

You should try this paper, sounds right up your street

weeklyworldnews

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Ferguso wrote: »
    I don't...just like it.

hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

i pay €160 and cant even get RTE because it not free to air on sky unlike bbc c4 missing nothing anyway only one sided ****e on anyway, like who wants to watch a skinny mouthpiece on a friday nite?? i sure dont

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

patwicklow wrote: »
    i pay €160 and cant even get RTE because it not free to air on sky unlike bbc c4 missing nothing anyway only one sided ****e on anyway, like who wants to watch a skinny mouthpiece on a friday nite?? i sure dont

Huh?

My folks have it on Sky...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

patwicklow wrote: »
    Huh? My folks have it on Sky...

Sky are required to prominently position state broadcasters at the top of the EPG.

If you don't have RTE on Sky it's most likely because you're using a UK viewing card.

AFAIK (and I could be wrong) you need a UK address to avail of FTA Sky, so I'm guessing someone is breaking the Ts and Cs. Criminal! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Lord Panic

It's getting out of hand...

http://imgur.com/DjY4h

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

"claims The Sun" = Instant debate fail
    Quoting the Sun = Instant debate fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Lumen wrote: »
    Sky are required to prominently position state broadcasters at the top of the EPG.

If you don't have RTE on Sky it's most likely because you're using a UK viewing card.

AFAIK (and I could be wrong) you need a UK address to avail of FTA Sky, so I'm guessing someone is breaking the Ts and Cs. Criminal! :pac:

No i dont have a uk card i have sky box but i dont pay sky there ripp off payment per month for repeats and adverts so i just watch the free to air programmes on it, what i meant was you have to pay sky to watch RTE it sould be free to air like the BBC and no i aint breaking the Ts and Cs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

I was on a tour in RTE one time. And in the canteen Miriam O'Callaghan came up to me and said 'are you looking for a fixup son? Do you need some gear?

I just got out of there as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone who puts even an ounce of faith in the ****e spewed onto the pages of The Sun every day, is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

:rolleyes:The sun are at it again!! I really doubt this is true but if it is the sh*t is really going to hit the fan. I'm aware that cocaine is big among some well known journalists and think it's only a matter of time before it hit the headlines.
    I bet the Mirror run a similar story this week as their headline.
    Gardaí say they are not investigating claims made today by the Irish Sun newspaper that traces of heroin were found on a toilet in an RTÉ canteen.

A garda spokesman said they had no plans to begin such an investigation and he reiterated that anyone with any evidence of any illegal activity should contact any garda station.

The newspaper used a commercially-available drug-testing kit called Detect 4 Drugs to conduct the test.

It claims to give a reading for four drugs once a surface has been sprayed from a canister.

The company says it is presumptive field test technology that allows for what it says is a reasonable suspicion.

It is understood the test is not used by gardaí.

RTÉ has urged the newspaper to make all the information and materials in its possession available to gardaí without delay.

RTÉ noted that the traces as described were found in a part of RTÉ's premises most frequently used by staff and by visitors to RTÉ including the general public.

The national broadcaster said it would await further information and advice and that its security staff would continue to carry out ongoing checks and tests of the RTÉ workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I just found it bizarre that in the same bulletin they said the Gardai would not investigate claims of drug taking in rte but at the same time anyone with any evidence of drug taking in rte should contact the Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭draylander

Drugs in RTE :eek:, well that would explains the amount of Sh'it programs that are made there on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

the rubberbandits probably put it there when they were on the late late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I wonder what you'd find in The Sun's bathrooms?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm just amazed someone is still reading The Sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I bet the Dáil toilets have traces of drugs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭futonic

charlemont wrote: »
    I bet the Dáil toilets have traces of drugs too.

I think I remember reading that it did. The toilets of the Dail bar were swabbed. Similar situation though, gutter newspaper asked to provide any evidence.. yada yada yada.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

futonic wrote: »
    I think I remember reading that it did. The toilets of the Dail bar were swabbed. Similar situation though, gutter newspaper asked to provide any evidence.. yada yada yada.
    I remember reading that too somewhere a while back.

Also:
    Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny wants to see random drug testing introduced into Irish schools. I would direct his attention towards Dail Eireann first.

On three separate occasions in the past two years, Irish newspapers have found evidence of cocaine usage in the Dail bar toilets.

First Ireland on Sunday discovered that cocaine had been used in the Dail toilets on Budget day. Then a year later, the Irish Daily Mirror repeated the experiment with the same results. Most recently, the Irish Star tried again, and discovered once again that cocaine had been used in Leinster House.

That's a 100% hit rate for a class A drug. Clearly evidence that if there is one location in Ireland outside of certain Dublin nightclubs that badly needs a randomised drug testing regime, it's Dail Eireann, not Irish secondary schools.

http://skinflicks.blogspot.com/2007/02/drug-test-dail.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

futonic wrote: »

it were the sun; the guy unwittingly swabbed his own traces thus retracted the accusations
    I wonder what you'd find in The Sun's bathrooms?

the real exclusive would be who's not on the saccharine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If its in the sun it must be true... Can say i read it though... Mainly look at the pictures...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I cant believe anyone, believes anything, written in the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Sorry, I totally misread this! I thought it said traces of heroine found on the toilet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Sure my granny probably has a €50 note with traces of cocaine on it ,what does that mean I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Sure my granny probably has a €50 note with traces of cocaine on it ,what does that mean I wonder ?
    It means she's back on the game i'd say. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

In other Sun headlines.....Aliens like country music

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

If its in the sun it must be true... Can say i read it though... Mainly look at the pictures...

durty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Ask them to take a voluntary dope test and publish the results.
    If they're clean they will do it, and those that wont , well make your own mind up as to why they refused.

Advertisement