Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Envelope Development

Options
  • 21-12-2010 4:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Answer this one…This week’s hard question for limerick city County Council and Government.
    How can planning permission be granted for a 10,000 seater stadium in the middle of Limerick City, without providing one single car park space in a busy residential area, in one of the most congested areas of the city? Yes folks I am on about Thomond Park. Seriously, do ye really expect me to believe that no “Brown Envelope” changed hands here! If the rubber bandits built a flat for their granny in Clareview, I’m sure they would have to provide parking spaces,! not to mention 10,000 seater stadium and conference venue? And we all know where they park! Illegally, everywhere on match day, bringing the city to a complete stand still for hours on end causing nightmare traffic congestion, driving real shoppers out of the city for good. I say move the whole fiasco to Coonagh next to the necessary infrastructure needed to support a 10,000 seater stadium. I am not anti Rugby, or Thomond, just anti stupid brown envelope planning. Of course Thomond Park is only part of a raft of bad planning that has been allowed to destroy Limerick city for good. Other stupid projects / decisions worth mentioning are:- The Roxboro interchange – no city access from the south into the city! The killmallock interchange:- or lack of it! (access from M7 to Killmallock road (aka cut price motorways) The Ballysimon interchange- A complete after thought, "band aided" afterwards by rows of traffic lights that operate independently like disco lights! The entrance to Tesco at Coonagh.. It’s no wonder they are looking for planning permission for a petrol station in there! Your tank is empty by the time you go from the coonagh roundabout, through the snakes and ladders road arrangement to finally arrive at the Tesco car park! The North side green mile ghost bus route? Has anyone ever seen a bus on this road? The Pink Elephant Opera House!. Limerick is a cultural Abyss lets face it folks…, we have the Rubber Bandits (type) and the law or lack of it…means, that we are stuck with them …. Let’s work (around) what we have. Opera Jaaasaus, what were they thinking…Florence we are not! – I say, demolish the lot, and build a free car park to support what little business is left in the city. And police it!, so the cars and shoppers are not robbed in broad daylight! When Brown Thomas go's folks, it will be too little too late.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Brown envelopes? Sorry but something so vulgar would never be seen in the clubhouse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Answer this one…This week’s hard question for limerick city County Council and Government.
    How can planning permission be granted for a 10,000 seater stadium in the middle of Limerick City, without providing one single car park space in a busy residential area, in one of the most congested areas of the city? YesMY****INGEYES folks I am on about Thomond Park. Seriously, do ye really expect me to believe that no “Brown Envelope” changed hands here! If the rubber bandits built a flat for their granny in Clareview, I’m sure they would have to provide parking spaces,! not to mention 10,000 seater stadium and conference venue? And we all know where they park! Illegally, everywhere on match day, bringing the city to a complete stand still for hours on end causing nightmare traffic congestion, driving real shoppers out of the city for good. I say move the whole fiasco to Coonagh next to the necessary infrastructure needed to support a 10,000 seater stadium. I am not anti Rugby, or Thomond, just anti stupid brown envelope planning. Of course Thomond Park is only part of a raft of bad planning that has been allowed to destroy Limerick city for good. Other stupid projects / decisions worth mentioning are:- The Roxboro interchange – no city access from the south into the city! The killmallock interchange:- or lack of it! (access from M7 to Killmallock road (aka cut price motorways) The Ballysimon interchange- A complete after thought, "band aided" afterwards by rows of traffic lights that operate independently like disco lights! The entrance to Tesco at Coonagh.. It’s no wonder they are looking for planning permission for a petrol station in there! Your tank is empty by the time you go from the coonagh roundabout, through the snakes and ladders road arrangement to finally arrive at the Tesco car park! The North side green mile ghost bus route? Has anyone ever seen a bus on this road? The Pink Elephant Opera House!. Limerick is a cultural Abyss lets face it folks…, we have the Rubber Bandits (type) and the law or lack of it…means, that we are stuck with them …. Let’s work (around) what we have. Opera Jaaasaus, what were they thinking…Florence we are not! – I say, demolish the lot, and build a free car park to support what little business is left in the city. And police it!, so the cars and shoppers are not robbed in broad daylight! When Brown Thomas go's folks, it will be too little too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

True Propaganda, your post is almost impossible to read because of the way it's formatted and written. It's painful to look at, so I'm locking this thread. If you redraft it, using paragraphs and standard size text, you might get a better response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement