Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU Cancelled

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*pulls up a chair for richard dower*

right lads, so who wants to talk about ratings? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

shít :(

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Well feck that anyways!

I wonder how much they'll wrap up the storyline in the rest of the season given that they're probably already made.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

am literally going to cry myself to sleep tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I refuse to believe this:(:( Let the fan campaigns begin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

FFs

Mega annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

its a bit daft doin it now, why couldnt they decide after maybe 2 or 3 returning episodes, the show was just turning the corner and the last year and a half of viewing seemed like it was about to start paying off, im not surprised and i am surprised, strange kinda feeling,

i suppose a network change is out of the question,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tferg20

Ah for Gods sake. Whats next the walking dead or Christmas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i do watch the show and generally like it but its never had the same attraction as sg1 or atlantis.to go from a action based show to a more dramatic show really annoyed a lot of stargate fans who expected guns galore,aliens and spaceships.some of the characters have never impressed either tbh,but in saying that im very dissapointed as the plot was taking a good turning point
    rush discovers signal from begining of time

• Advertisement

Does MGM being practically bankrupt have anything to do with this?

And yeah they shoulda kept it on the day they had it originally, was that Friday?

Moral of the story - NBC, FOX, ABC someone pick it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

don ramo wrote: »
    i suppose a network change is out of the question,

It worked before so you never know, stranger things have happened.
    Conor108 wrote: »
    Does MGM being practically bankrupt have anything to do with this?

And yeah they shoulda kept it on the day they had it originally, was that Friday?

Moral of the story - NBC, FOX, ABC someone pick it up!!

Nope, MGM don't have a say I believe. SciFi pay MGM for the rights and bankroll the episodes themselves. Not sure exactly if MGM could market Universe to another network though or if SciFi retain sole custody of the Stargate Universe show.

Thank you SciFi (or SyFy or whatever crappy name you're calling yourself now) you've just ruined Christmas :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

:eek: Nooooo!

:(

wheres richard with his ratings power point presentation, ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I vote for him to be banned if he swaggers in here saying "I told you so" :mad:

So, any fan campaigns to get SG:U back on the air up and running yet? :D

So, any fan campaigns to get SG:U back on the air up and running yet? :D
    i think most people have just went straight to accepting it, i suppose it really shows that a lot of hard core stargate fans just didnt take to universe,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,797 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well SyFy, and Television, are in serious decline. And for some reason SyFy is unwilling or unable to adopt the internet. Or grasp the DVR concept. I dont know.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah for **** sake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

*pulls up a chair for richard dower*

right lads, so who wants to talk about ratings? :D

Well, lets face reality - it was cancelled because of the ratings.

• Advertisement

I simply pointed out the facts, nothing more.

I'm surprised they axed it this early, i expected a decision to come down next year, maybe in the middle of it's new 10 ep. run - i think this was a financial decision by SyFy, as in it's books for 2011-12 etc.

People asking for me to be banned - for what?, disusiing the ratings?...which is the VERY reason it was axed?, very poor form from the FM's here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I'm surprised they axed it this early, i expected a decision to come down next year, maybe in the middle of it's new 10 ep. run - i think this was a financial decision by SyFy, as in it's books for 2011-12 etc.

People asking for me to be banned - for what?, disusiing the ratings?...which is the VERY reason it was axed?, very poor form from the FM's here.

i think they are taking the p**s

i think they are taking the p**s

If they were, then fair enough...but i genuinely took offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

FFS! was one of only four shows I follow! :(

^LOL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,797 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm surprised they axed it this early
    Do I need to roll the Montage or are you going to admit that is a false statement ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Overheal wrote: »
    Do I need to roll the Montage or are you going to admit that is a false statement ;)

MONTAGE MONTAGE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I wonder if they'll do another spin of show? or is this it for the stargate franchise?

Overheal wrote: »

How is it false?...like i said i expected for them to wait, and see a few of the midseason numbers before making a decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

If they were, then fair enough...but i genuinely took offense.

I think a at lot of people are grieving tonight and saying things they don't mean.

So I guess this is it, I cant see any more in the Stargate franchise (series wise anyway) maybe there will some straight to DVD releases??

Advertisement