Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosions in Stockholm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

IT-Guy wrote: »
    That is messed up alright but I wonder what is the endgame in all this? If passive support is so great then what to do to stop the terrorists? IIRC, there are approx 1.2 billion muslims, there's no way Islam is gonna disappear and a war based on religious differences would be the end of us all. Yet it seems this is what people on both sides are ultimately wishing for, with all the hate mongering and posturing. So what do we do?

Oh and what country are you in?

Ireland, which you wouldn't see as your head is stuck up your do-goody-good arse nerdy boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

eamo12 wrote: »
    Ireland, which you wouldn't see as your head is stuck up your do-goody-good arse nerdy boy.

You say that like it's a bad thing...:D

Oh and that reply was for Carlos_Ray unless you are in fact him, eamo12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

123balltv wrote: »
    fcuking muslims they want to rule the world

The odd header is hardly indicative of over a Billion people.
    Carlos Ray wrote:
    Sweden should respond by sending even more troops to Afghanistan. The EU sould do the same. Viva Sweden, fcuk the terrorist scum. Catch the dogs, send them to gitmo and slap the retarded religious extremism out of their peanut brains.

I wasn't aware that there was a GHQ for car bombers, let alone that it was in Afghanistan. Please do tell me more.
    Carlos Ray wrote:

This should be viewed as an attack on all of Europe. Indeed on all the civilised world. Saudi Arabia is the mothership of these extremist vermin. its time we in the west took a tougher stance against such evil regimes.

Did they move from afghanistan between that post and the one above? Holy jesus - teleporting Jihadis!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Biko wrote:

I think "religion of peace" is one of the biggest piles of poo I've heard.
    Islam encourages violence - against jews, against kafirs (non-Muslims) and against women.
    In fact it's probably the worst religion practised today by a long shot.

Don't generalise, whatever you do.
    Eamo12 wrote:

Ireland, which you wouldn't see as your head is stuck up your do-goody-good arse nerdy boy. .

O that well thought out point told him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Nodin wrote: »
    The odd header is hardly indicative of over a Billion people.

I wasn't aware that there was a GHQ for car bombers, let alone that it was in Afghanistan. Please do tell me more..

The attacks were carried out inretaliation for swedens involvement in afghanistan. they were threathened for the last 2 years. threat increased officially in last 12 months.

Did they move from afghanistan between that post and the one above? Holy jesus - teleporting Jihadis!!!!!!!!!!!!..

no. every dog on the street knows the current wave of extremist scum is being primarily supported by elements within saudi society. afghan is an outpost, i never said it was ghq. saudi is ghq. outsourcing terror for the past 20 years,

@It guy: im in libya

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

It's only 0.01% of muslims that are pro bombing. Don't label an entire religion on the actions of a few.
    On the whole, Muslims don't want to rule the world and it is just a minority that are inclined towards terrorism and the supporting of.

I would say you are both wrong. If it really is the case that Muslims as a whole abhor Terrorism and violence in the name of Islam then where's the voice of condemnation? Where are the good honest decent Muslims on the street in outrage that these lunatics would hijack their religion in the name of violence?

There is almost none. But hey! Some guy draws some ****ing cartoons and you have millions of muslims all over the world on the street, burning flags and attacking embassies.

To hell with them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,811 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

[
    @It guy: im in libya[/QUOTE]

Where do you go for a fry up and a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

[

Where do you go for a fry up and a pint.[/QUOTE]

Shure don't they have an aul Irish Bar there. See under nightlife (I was surprised too!)

http://libya.embassyhomepage.com/libya_night_life_tripoli_night_clubs_ghat_theatres_ghadamis_eating_out_libya_restaurants_flights_libya_embassy_london_uk.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Craebear wrote: »
    I would say you are both wrong. If it really is the case that Muslims as a whole abhor Terrorism and violence in the name of Islam then where's the voice of condemnation? Where are the good honest decent Muslims on the street in outrage that these lunatics would hijack their religion in the name of violence?

There is almost none. But hey! Some guy draws some ****ing cartoons and you have millions of muslims all over the world on the street, burning flags and attacking embassies.

To hell with them all.

Her'e an interesting case.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/04/AR2010120403720.html
    Talk of muslims taking over the world is nonsense. For god sake sometimes they can't agree among themselves. Iran-Iraq War?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

why Sweden? If it was terrorists, do you think this is the targeting of major European countries that caused a panic a few weeks back?

I hope it wasn't terrorists though.

Because those gutless religious terrorists like to attack soft targets like innocent civillians.

Obviously the Swedish people have not been eating their rasher of bacon a day.

Where are the good honest decent Muslims on the street in outrage that these lunatics would hijack their religion in the name of violence?

To hell with them all.

They're too gutles to protest incase they get killed for doing so.

Hell would be too good a place for them.

• Advertisement

Did they move from afghanistan between that post and the one above? Holy jesus - teleporting Jihadis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anti-Holy muhammad - teleporting murderers and arseholes.

To hell with them all.

You do realise that if any of them were to stand up, they would be killed, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

old_aussie wrote: »
    They're too gutles to protest incase they get killed for doing so.

Hell would be too good a place for them.

Whereas you stand up for what you believe in - on a message board.

Your anti-Muslim rants and incitements are alarming inasmuch as you always find someone to agree with you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

A horrible attack, and hopefully those responsible will be brought to justice.

Also, ultimately foolish as it will lead to some people wanting more troops in Afghanistan, and will then lead to more violence against the "West" and so.

Also, I do love the irony of so many insane war mongering "Westerners" on here calling for all kinds of violence. Hugely hypocritical, and once again a perfect example of people in this part of the world, who are no position to complain about violence, considering there support for violence themselves. To pretend that the "West" is completely innocent and against violence is of course absurd, the "West" engages in plenty of violent bull**** as well or out sources it to there puppets. Which of course encourages the nutters elsewhere to also call for violence, and then there is a rather pointless escalating cycle of violence, due to idiots on all sides who want nothing but violence, all the while claiming to be innocent of any wrong doing. Its truly hilarious the sheer stupidity of such people.

Oh and for those who claim Muslims never protest against terrorism, took me 5 seconds to find this on Google:

How a Pakistani protest song is redefining Islam as anti-terrorist

This stuff isn't hard to find at all, and the only conclusion I can reasonably come too, seeing as everyone who posts here has Internet access, is that some have clearly chosen to be ignorant, and believe the rants of a few far right nut jobs, not unlike people in other parts of the world, but a lot them probably don't have the same easy access to information. I can only imagine peoples excuses here.

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    The attacks were carried out inretaliation for swedens involvement in afghanistan. they were threathened for the last 2 years. threat increased officially in last 12 months.

That may be so, but you'll find flooding Afghanistan with troops will make nothing of a difference.
    no. every dog on the street knows the current wave of extremist scum is being primarily supported by elements within saudi society. afghan is an outpost, i never said it was ghq. saudi is ghq. outsourcing terror for the past 20 years,

While its a source of cash, and was perhaps crucial to the formation of the ideology, you'll find its gone "viral" now and has spread to various places all over the world.

Libya is 97/98% muslim, not 50%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Libya is 97/98% muslim, not 50%.

who said it was 50% ? i was just highlighting to another poster that support for extremism was far greater than .01% of the muslim world as he claimed.

who said it was 50% ? i was just highlighting to another poster that support for extremism was far greater than .01% of the muslim world as he claimed.

Fair enough, read you wrong there, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Jesus said, "suffer, little children" and his Christian followers obliged.

You lot are better than the Muslims at stone throwing. :rolleyes:

My lot? I am not a christian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

wes wrote: »
    A horrible attack, and hopefully those responsible will be brought to justice.

Also, ultimately foolish as it will lead to some people wanting more troops in Afghanistan, and will then lead to more violence against the "West" and so.

Also, I do love the irony of so many insane war mongering "Westerners" on here calling for all kinds of violence. Hugely hypocritical, and once again a perfect example of people in this part of the world, who are no position to complain about violence, considering there support for violence themselves. To pretend that the "West" is completely innocent and against violence is of course absurd, the "West" engages in plenty of violent bull**** as well or out sources it to there puppets. Which of course encourages the nutters elsewhere to also call for violence, and then there is a rather pointless escalating cycle of violence, due to idiots on all sides who want nothing but violence, all the while claiming to be innocent of any wrong doing. Its truly hilarious the sheer stupidity of such people.

Oh and for those who claim Muslims never protest against terrorism, took me 5 seconds to find this on Google:

How a Pakistani protest song is redefining Islam as anti-terrorist

This stuff isn't hard to find at all, and the only conclusion I can reasonably come too, seeing as everyone who posts here has Internet access, is that some have clearly chosen to be ignorant, and believe the rants of a few far right nut jobs, not unlike people in other parts of the world, but a lot them probably don't have the same easy access to information. I can only imagine peoples excuses here.

I wouldn't mind them as much except their going to end the world for the rest of us through their stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

amacachi wrote: »
    Aye, similar to how people say it's only a tiny core of Americans who are nutjob fundamentalist Christians.

It's amazing how Christian fundamentalists are always conveniently overlooked. Islam views us Christians as 'People of the book', they acknowledge the old and new testaments, they acknowledge Jesus Christ as a holy prophet/messenger of a God/Allah. Christianity acknowledges nothing of Islam, they are the enemy. Jerusalem was a city of peace and tolerance under Islamic rule. Jews and Christians lived within it's wall. Then the barbarous Crusades were launched and kicked everything off.

In Moorish controlled southern Spain, Arts, culture, science and astronomy flourished while Europe was stuck in the dark ages. Jews and Christians fought side by side with Muslims for the Moorish army. Another little known fact is, that at this time Jews were fleeing from persecution across Europe to Moorish controlled Spain. http://www.sephardicgen.com/seph_who.htm#goldenage

Rome could not endure such tolerance and mixing of religions and pushed the Spanish kings onwards to destroy this haven of tolerance. Rome demanded control of its Christian subjects, nothing has changed much has it in the ensuing centuries. The first true 'fundamentalists' were Christians - The Knights Templar being the greatest amongst them. Killing for god was their Glory – the first instigators of ‘holy war’.

Then fast forward to when George Bush announced his Crusade on 16th September 2001. Bush and his Christian conservative evangelicals launched their war on Afghanistan and eventually Iraq. These nuts believe in the 'Rapture', war and conflict is what they seek. These guys believe that conflict and war will speed up 'The Rapture' and Jesus will return, lift them up and away into the sky, to paradise.

So lay of the Muslim bashing, because the smell of ignorance is overpowering. They have no Pope or epicentre of power, unlike Rome. Rome couldn’t even stand up for the rights or protection of children. Those American far right Christian nuts are what pose the greatest threat to all of us right now. Blaming ordinary law abiding Muslims, is a bit like accusing all the Irish in the past of being mad car bombing, fire bombing, shooting and knee capping loving bast@rds. Clearly we’re not; just make sure to remember that the same logic applies across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Jesus said, "suffer, little children" and his Christian followers obliged.

You lot are better than the Muslims at stone throwing. :rolleyes:

That was 2000 years ago or so.
    This is today.

Not all Muslims are suicide bombers but all* suicide bombers are Muslim.
    I blame Islam.

*generalisation but if someone can furnish me with exact number that'd be helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Why dont the moderate or any muslim imams ever come out at Fridays prayers and denounce this sort of violence,They are quick enough to come out against cartoons and any slight imagined or otherwise critics of there prophets,They also were not complaining when nato helped the muslims in serbia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

It's amazing how Christian fundamentalists are always conveniently overlooked. Islam views us Christians as 'People of the book', they acknowledge the old and new testaments, they acknowledge Jesus Christ as a holy prophet/messenger of a God/Allah. Christianity acknowledges nothing of Islam, they are the enemy. Jerusalem was a city of peace and tolerance under Islamic rule. Jews and Christians lived within it's wall. Then the barbarous Crusades were launched and kicked everything off.

In Moorish controlled southern Spain, Arts, culture, science and astronomy flourished while Europe was stuck in the dark ages. Jews and Christians fought side by side with Muslims for the Moorish army. Another little known fact is, that at this time Jews were fleeing from persecution across Europe to Moorish controlled Spain. http://www.sephardicgen.com/seph_who.htm#goldenage

Rome could not endure such tolerance and mixing of religions and pushed the Spanish kings onwards to destroy this haven of tolerance. Rome demanded control of its Christian subjects, nothing has changed much has it in the ensuing centuries. The first true 'fundamentalists' were Christians - The Knights Templar being the greatest amongst them. Killing for god was their Glory – the first instigators of ‘holy war’.

Then fast forward to when George Bush announced his Crusade on 16th September 2001. Bush and his Christian conservative evangelicals launched their war on Afghanistan and eventually Iraq. These nuts believe in the 'Rapture', war and conflict is what they seek. These guys believe that conflict and war will speed up 'The Rapture' and Jesus will return, lift them up and away into the sky, to paradise.

So lay of the Muslim bashing, because the smell of ignorance is overpowering. They have no Pope or epicentre of power, unlike Rome. Rome couldn’t even stand up for the rights or protection of children. Those American far right Christian nuts are what pose the greatest threat to all of us right now. Blaming ordinary law abiding Muslims, is a bit like accusing all the Irish in the past of being mad car bombing, fire bombing, shooting and knee capping loving bast@rds. Clearly we’re not; just make sure to remember that the same logic applies across the board.

Good post. Its also interesting to note that Saudi Arabia and The Vatican remain the only two places on the planet where women do not have the right to vote. World would be a much better place without religion,though obviously 'The war on Terror' has more to do with economics than religion obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

fryup wrote: »
    the CIA targeting wikileaks

?

If the CIA we're targeting wikileaks they'd do it a lot more effectively than a weak bomb. The files were well distributed anyway through other methods than their own online servers, so there's little CIA can do really.

realies wrote: »
    Why dont the moderate or any muslim imams ever come out at Fridays prayers and denounce this sort of violence,They are quick enough to come out against cartoons and any slight imagined or otherwise critics of there prophets,They also were not complaining when nato helped the muslims in serbia.

Did you bother to search and see if any do....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Some did

biko wrote: »

Jesus, it's insane how those people were laughing at some points. I wonder if they realise how lucky they all were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am not talking about imams who live in the locality(what else will they say) or when some of them are meeting western or other religious leaders,I am talking about the ones who have the most influence like in pakistan,saudi arabia,indonesia,,I have never heard any significant iman come out by his own and condemn them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

I am not sure who this is directed at. You are giving a history lesson which is not needed. You are also trying to use a balance tactic for some reason which is weird. Why when people are giving out about Muslim extremists do you find the need to remind us of Christian crusades? One happened this week, the other happened hundreds of years ago.

I don't think there is much ignorance in this thread. If this was a thread about the Westboro Baptist Church and people were giving out about that, would you start bringing up all other religions and accusing people of ignorance? No, you would stick to the topic. Just because people are discussing the topic at hand is not a sign of ignorance.

Advertisement