Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men want real women

Options
  • 11-12-2010 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I for one am fed up with all these images of stick insects been promoted in the media to women and men saying that this is what women should look like. Why does the media show these images to us when its clear that men want REAL women with curves. I for one am a big beautiful woman (all 265 pounds of me) and am proud of my curves.

When is the media going to start showing real women like me and every other girl as opposed to these anoxerix models!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Refugee from RealLife

Flour anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I hate the term real women. Are you saying because someone's thin they're not a real woman?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Presumably because all men don't like the same thing.

I presume they're not a hivemind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

/grabs 'lowfat' popcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Yeah real woman and real men.... load of old tosh, we all come in different shapes and sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Refugee from RealLife

I for one am fed up with all these images of stick insects been promoted in the media to women and men saying that this is what women should look like. Why does the media show these images to us when its clear that men want REAL women with curves. I for one am a big beautiful woman (all 265 pounds of me) and am proud of my curves.

When is the media going to start showing real women like me and every other girl as opposed to these anoxerix models!!

Unless you are 10 feet tall you are a "real" obese woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Blow up dolls ftw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I also hate the term curvy. I mean if you're overweight you're overweight. i mean you can have curves being not so overweight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

You have to be fat to be a real woman? what a load of ****e, could you be more insulting?

I am less than half your weight and can assure you I am a real woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

A pulse will do it for me......most of the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

lizt wrote: »
    I hate the term real women. Are you saying because someone's thin they're not a real woman?

I think OP is from the country. Women in rural Ireland have to compete against farm animals y'know - the term "real women" is valid where she lives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Tbh, 19 stone isn't 'curvy.' Depending on your height of course, but I'd say you'd have to be fairly tall to be 'curvy' at that weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

No fat chicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

lizt wrote: »

Feck it..... Watch Loose Women... They're real women. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

good for you but maby the rest of us women are proud of not having to many curves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

pictures or.... you know the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Its been a while since a post made me laugh as much as this one :D:D.

sorry op

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i would say a size 10 for a normal height girl is curvy in a really nice way. rihanna is a size 10 and i think her body is unreal. my gf is a size 8 but is small so it suits her. i would say the majority of men here would like a normal girl. i hate the sayings, curves and big-boned. its called obese or fat. if you love being fat then you shouldnt have to dress it up by calling your extra layers 'curves'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

So it's official. Men want sex with fat girls.
    I guess I'm just gonna have to roll with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

ok....am I a real woman!!!! Im 5'8" and weigh 10 stone.... maybe I should eat more biscuits or something!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

When you learn how to not sweat under heavy lighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

:eek:
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Im actually making a documentary on this topic for college. Most the guys we've talked to agree that most women models are too thin to be very attractive to them, but the definition of 'curvy' has come up a lot, to most it just means a healthy weight but still with a defined feminine shape.
    overweight women are the most likely to suffer from anxiety and depression so I think its great if your big and proud, as long as its not to the point where your health may be at risk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Big Beautiful Woman

ok....am I a real woman!!!! Im 5'8" and weigh 10 stone.... maybe I should eat more biscuits or something!;)

Get some biscuits into you skinny!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

oh, and i dont think half the people on here would be as nasty with you if you didnt try make yourself sound better than normal girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

If by "real" you mean "fat" then you'd be shocked, men generally don't like fat women at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Big Beautiful Woman

oh, and i dont think half the people on here would be as nasty with you if you didnt try make yourself sound better than normal girls.

You just cant have me, admit it youre angry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Clearly it's some fat guy who's made an account called Big Beautiful Woman hoping to get replies from the retarded AH crew.

If you really are a woman, take what you can get. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

So, if I kidnap a skinny woman tonight and the cops come looking for me, I can just say - leave me alone coppa, she wasn't a "real woman"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I bet if someone put up a poll here the majority of men would vote in favour of women with curves and flesh in all the right places - somoething to grab hold of as my OH says..:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement