Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.T. Cranium

Options
  • 06-12-2010 11:44am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This man has been posting the daily weather for the last number of years on the Weather forum, and his forecasts are eerily sound.

Despite not living in the country, he's kept all the weather addicts up to date moreso than Met Eireann themselves :P

M.T. Legend? 391 votes

Yes
    5% 20 votes
    No
    89% 351 votes
    Afafa Jaguaga
    5% 20 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Should be noted that he had predicted the current weather long in advance of it happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I wonder will anybody vote No?

Maybe Owenc for not getting a Coleraine specific forecast.
    :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

Not only does MTC post his own prescient forecasts - he engages,encourages and promotes active debate on all topics realting to the forum.

MTC's forecast is the first page I turn to on the Internet each day and gleefully compare and contrast where he has got it right and Met Eireann got it wrong. (I ignore the vice versa, so I can't possiblly comment if infact this has ever come to pass).

Well done MT Cranium, a true legend of the boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

He's excellent!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Defiantly the best forecaster I've come across.
    Joy to have such expert information here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Must have a crystal ball at home mostly accurate and dependable forecasts

A quick look at his statistics will show you what a valuble addition he is: less than 2000 posts, more than 11000 thanks.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Add my 2p - cogent and informative posting, a real asset to the Weather forum.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

What has happened to Atari ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

Well done M.T.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Definitely a legend, rely completely on his forecasts now on a daily basis... does an absolutely fantastic job on the weather forum and is a real asset to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Always check MT's forecast on boards before checking with met eireann.... Legend without a doubt..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Wot's all this? Do I get to retire?

Thanks for even considering it, I enjoy my time on the weather forum here, even more than other places -- I find the enthusiasm, high spirits and the way our common language is improved, to be daily boosts to my own energy level.

As to a boost to the ego, you should never offer that to anyone in the weather business, too much of that going around already. And I'm often bemused by that fact, you would think weather forecasting would be the last place to find displays of egotism. :D

Just keep in mind that the law of averages is a grim reaper who catches up to all of us sooner or later. :cool: Those voting in favour should realize that they are giving a vote of confidence to all the weather forum regulars who have made my task a lot easier with their contributions. I try to follow the discussions of various weather events and I've found that if we take a consensus of the boards "gurus" it usually works out well.

Meanwhile, happy to provide a service, but we will have to look at ways of involving more people as time goes on, perhaps once this epic winter is over, 'cuz I'm an old geezer and working every day is not that great an idea long-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

M T Cranium - THE BRAIN BEHIND THE WEATHER VANE!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

A zillion % Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

agree 100% ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This guy is a legend regardless of boards.ie status, but I definitely agree his fantastic daily contribution should be recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

well,some stats here
    1360 posts
    12,460 thanks
    this man is really good

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=101703

meercat wrote: »
    well,some stats here
    1360 posts
    12,460 thanks
    this man is really good

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=101703

2049posts
    14094thanks

clearly his current forecasts in this weather are going down well . . .!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Tooshjr81

I've only been following the weather forum for the past couple of weeks, but I have found M.T's forecasts most accurate and most detailed (for my area at least). I will continue to follow his forecast thread for the usaul updates. Much respect.

A quick look at his statistics will show you what a valuble addition he is: less than 2000 posts, more than 11000 thanks.

:pac:
    2049posts
    14094thanks

clearly his current forecasts in this weather are going down well . . .!

Cold spell had a major effect here:

Now at 2100 posts

17,070 thanks!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Tooshjr81 wrote: »
    I've only been following the weather forum for the past couple of weeks, but I have found M.T's forecasts most accurate and most detailed (for my area at least). I will continue to follow his forecast thread for the usaul updates. Much respect.

Same here, the weather was the last thing I expected to develope an obsession with but I log in to see his updates a few times a day:eek::D

I'm dreaming of the day he tells me its going to snow in Waterford, I wont hold my breathe though hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elsibel

He's fantastic. I have been following him for years, and his longer term forecasts are amazingly accurate. I want to send many thanks for his commitment to this forum

Advertisement